Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hi All, Just found this group, I turned 50 in August and started this journey as my birthday present to myself, I was banded Nov 19th and doing real well, have lost 25 lbs so far and looking forward to several more. I look forward to all the tips and tricks all of you can give me

Hi All, Just found this group, I turned 50 in August and started this journey as my birthday present to myself, I was banded Nov 19th and doing real well, have lost 25 lbs so far and looking forward to several more. I look forward to all the tips and tricks all of you can give me

Welcome Pink. I too did this as my 50th bday present to myself. I turned 50 in May, had my surgery on June 5th. Best thing I have ever done for myself.

I got a fill today, just had refried Beans for dinner and they went down well. Think maybe this fill is what I needed. I just got a .5cc. She felt that since I lost 20 lbs since my last fill, I probably really did need it. I hope I get to losing again. I've been maintaining and then gained those pesky ones on vacation that are still hanging out. I want them gone!!

I may have a job. I will help open the rec center in my community at 6am til about 8am. Then I am vowing to take my workout clothes with me and hit the gym before I come home. That's the plan anyway. At first I wasn't too thrilled about having to get up by 5am to work for 2 hours, but then looked at the workout benefit getting me there, etc. and the extra $100 or so a week and thought why not?

Hi Flowers---

My dh has already worn his 1st Gazelle out and is working

out on his 2nd. He loves his and has lost wt. using it.:cursing:

It just looks so easy and like so much fun. I think I am co-ordinated, but that gazelle is like exercising and work, which if I was into that I wouldnt have gained so much weight :thumbup:

I had been doing so well, with my weight suddenly dropping, and tonight I went to a pizza party, ate a piece and a half and brought home same (took 3 pieces all together). That should stymie any weight loss for the next week or so, Im a self sabatoger.

I hope you keep doing well, and dont let your husband's success intimidate you. Im sorry you dont like exercising in front of him. I mind the flabiness that is creeping up on me too. I saw wrinkles above my mouth I didnt have when I was fat.

Hey Orea, we all are pushing for you to break under 300 so we can Celebrate with you.

Hi and welcome. If you have lost 25 lbs in the last 2 weeks, maybe you should be giving us tips, not the other way around. Good job.

then looked at the workout benefit getting me there, etc. and the extra $100 or so a week and thought why not?

Sounds like a good plan for losing if you get to work out for free. $100 plus extra a week would help me too, go for it. The job wouldnt interfer with anything else you have to do that day, thats the other upside, and maybe better things will come from it.

Congratulations Liza for hitting Onederland. It's such a good feeling to see a number on the scale that we haven't seen in a long time.

Angel you have lost 60 lbs. That's a lot. You were only banded in June, so that's really good. It does come of faster for the youngins, but hey! as long as we are heading in the right direction, that's the best thing.

Naffie, there is a thread on here called how to choose a Mexican surgeon. I would look for that thread. You can do a search to the right at the top, put in Mexican surgeons and see what you come up with. Fills do not hurt. Mine has never hurt. I have heard of some people getting poked a few times because their port was having a hard time being accessed. Most people say it's over in 2 seconds .

Joann you're going to do so great! You're very motivated and that's what it takes.

Flowers, don't feel bad. Day after Thanksgiving, I had no trouble what so ever without restriction shoveling 5 pieces of pizza in. I hadn't eaten like that in nearly 2 years. I hope this new fill is going to be okay and I don't have to have any removed. I did not like that out of control feeling.

I hope this new fill is going to be okay and I don't have to have any removed. I did not like that out of control feeling.

I hope your fill works for you too. I could eat more pizza, its in the refrigerator calling my name. Im just making myself quit eating it. My fill doctor insists my fill is almost too tight, and yet I can eat anything.

Good luck with your fill, I just had one Saturday, .5 cc. I hope you get good restriction from yours.

I wore a size XL tee shirt today that I havent worn in a while, fit, but tight across my stomach. I keep reading folks in much smaller sizes, but I need to be happy for my own success. I still need to lose a mite more before I can zip up my size 18 jean dress, tried it on yesterday. Not quite yet in a normal size. Hoping soon.

congratulations Liza on onederland. Its a great feeling. Also, Joann, Tomorrow is your day and will be thinking of you.

Beckyo

Hi Patsy,

You will soon be proud to be 61 because you will be slim, trim and terrific. I am 64 and was banded on 27 Oct in Sydney and I am feeling terrific and already receiving lots of comments about the change in my looks. I lost 5 kg on Opti etc and was banded at 99kg. Since then I have lost 1 kg every week and I'm cruising. I had my first fill on Monday and am managing well. It basically is a steep learning curve but such a fascinating one, you just have to play by the surgeons rules. So all the best, I'll be thinking of you. Sprinkle some diet jelly crystals on you drink for Christmas and enjoy.

Regards

Brydie

So many successes and journeys into onederland, congratulations to all!!

I am at a plateau, self inflicted or stubborn I do not know. Gained 2#.. Need to get back to exercising. but taking care of my grandson after work has taken some of my free time away and I cannot find any time to exercise.

I need a swift kick in the pants to get moving..MOTIVATION !!! :cursing:

Good morning. Well those pesky 2 lbs I gained on vacation hit the road this morning!! Hallejuia!!! Might have even taken another half or so with them. Must've been the fill and liquids yesterday for most of the day. I was so freaking out when they didn't disappear as quick as I'd have liked. All the old self doubts about can I really do this, and who do I think I am, etc. came creeping back really fast. In my past 'diet' attempts all it took was for something like that to happen and it would be enough to convince me I could never lose the weight and I'd give up and gain it back. This time is different.

We have a beautiful snowfall outside this morning. Our weather gal on TV is so wrong all the time. it was supposed to be bad yesterday morning and fizzled out. Then last night she said that the day would be nice but snow tonight. Woke up to a couple inches already. Hopefully the roads aren't too bad, I need to get up to the rec center to not only workout but find out about my mini job and get to Walmart. We need new lights for the tree we plan on decorating tonight and I need a babyshower gift amongst other things and a return so thought I'd get it all taken care of in one place. Plus if I go to my son's Walmart I can see him too, but not sure I'll venture that far in the snow.

Cool, I just updated my ticker and I have less than 50 lbs to get to goal. Goal being the highest weight in a normal BMI category. Not sure if that will be my goal or not but it's what I am shooting for right now.

Oh and one more thing. Found out at my fill yesterday one of my lab tests came back, I am low in Vitamin B1, anyone else have this happen? I am just to get some over the counter vitamin and take one a day and get retested in 3 mos.

Edited by Great2BThin
ticker and vitamin B

Just saw your picture on before & after.

Re: Morbity Obese to Normal 12 Months 3 Weeks

Oh my gosh IndioGirl, you look fantastic! I was banded 10/24/08 and if I look like you a year from now I will be well pleased. I'm struggling at the moment because I have no restriction yet (no fill) but am going to my doctor on Thursday. I haven't been using my band as a tool at all -- in fact I wouldn't even know it was there if I couldn't feel the lump in my stomach. But I'm hopeful that on Thursday things will change.

Can you give me an idea of your diet and excercise? I'm a few years older than you, but even though I'm fat I excercise (walk) daily and have been for years. Obviously not enought to keep up with my eating! Also I play tennis and golf (although DH & I use a cart).

I'm really getting scard that this will be another failed attempt on my part to lose weight. Since about week 4 I've been eating anything and everything I want -- not a good use of this tool I've been given.

Any words of advise or help would be appreciated.

Wow Lisa you're amazing. I calculate 60+ pounds since April!? How do you do that? I can't wait until I post in onederland.