Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI'ers--2008!!!

Audrician, I have thought of you so often. I was considering not telling my dh. My hubby is in his 70's and does not understand half the stuff I do. I turns out on Jan 1st hubby asked me if I had any new years resolutions. I told him no. He said I thought you were trying to lose weight???why don't you investigate WLS. As the saying goes... you could have knocked me over with a feather.lol

Jann

Thinagain,

That is great that he recommended WLS. My DH is only 34 and he would have never recommended WLS. He just thinks I look fine how I am and that you just have to control yourself and eat less. He is not overweight but, he eats like a pig and can never say no to a bowl of ice cream. If that is the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is. I have lost 10 lbs to date and although you can't see a huge difference, I feel like I am on top of the world. I feel like nothing can stop me. I am full of energy. Since I told my DH and we worked everything out, I have been a lot closer to him. He has not been negative at all about the band. He doesn't want to "feel" the port yet, or see the incisions but, he has been really nice about everything to me. I am sure we will have or downs with the band and he will not be as supportive but that is just his nature. He hates to see me sick and he deals with it by getting angry and blaming. I am prepared for it though, I have all of you on LBT to get me through the tough times and share the victorious times.

Overall, I am glad I did this with or without his support. I am only 29 and my weight wasn't too out of control. I don't know what would have happened to me 10 yrs from now, at 10 lbs a year that would have put me at 283 and some change. Thank god I have a handle on my weight while my kids are still young, now I can enjoy them a lot more. Good luck to you and your DH. I LOVE MY BAND and you will too!

Hi everyone, I have been reading all the posts from everyone on this thread!! I am very thrilled to find you all, I am 30yrs old and my BMI is 36 and I have not heard too much from people with a BMI on the lower end. I have not got my band yet. I am doing LOTS of research and been contacting doctors. I live in the bay area CA and am researching doctors locally and looking in to going to TJ Mexico. I am self pay so money is a concern for me but i'm not looking for a cheap doctor.

So I just wanted to introduce myself and say i am very excited to start my lapband journey!! :clap2:

Thanks

Tawnya

5'9 pre op 239lbs

Has anyone used ShapelySecrets as an exercise program? I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and haven't received it yet. I don't expect miracles but I would like to get some toning.

So far I've been doing planks for my stomach and pushups. Otherwise I'm walking/jogging.

Hello everyone. I hope you are all off to a good start in this new year. Every December I take a second job for the USPS for a few weeks. Although I intended to stay organized and on track with my eating and exercising, I just realized the other day that I haven't logged my food for a month now and I haven't worked out much either. I'm getting back on track today.

I've been using Fitday to log food, but I'm going to check out Sparkpeople and Dailyplate. I read that they have more choices than Fitday. It has been challenging trying to figure out the nutritional information for restaurants. Do any of you have any suggestions or experience with the Sparkpeople and Dailyplate?

I look forward to getting to know you and hope we can help each other stay motivated.

I'm off to workout now. Any ideas for the exercise challenge?

I've never tried Sparkpeople and Dailyplate. I use Calorie-Count.com and really like it. I can log both food and excercise there.

I have used DailyPlate religiously for the last four months. I've only had to enter 4-5 items from scratch--seems like everything is already in there, from restaurant meals to Protein shakes to frozen/convenience items.

When you do have to add an item, it's in the same format as the familiar nutritional label, which I like.

hi,

i am about to get serious about the last 20 lbs.

the last 2 months have been crazy. so my weight loss has slowed down. i am ok with that because i always feel i need to catch my breath after a big drop.

my plan is to ramp up my exercise back to 5X a week. i do 1-2X total conditioning, 2X kickboxing, 1-2X spin.

i am also going to stop eating sugar....i've been on a sugar kick and feel yucky from it.

so i'm glad to have found this thread. i know this will be slower then my initial weight loss.

my goal is to get it off by end february.

I was banded 12/19/07 and I had lost 17 pounds and I have already have gained 4 back. I am sooooooooo sad! If I have the band how is it that I can eat a whole baked fish from Luby's as a matter fact I finish any meal put before me. Please somebody tell me what is going on. I paid cash for this surgery and I want the best for me, but why am I already gaining. I go to the doctor on Jan.17th I guess for my first fill. Do you think things will start getting better then. I am only eating creamy Soups, soft vegetables s/f pudding tea sweetened with splendra and baked fish. Somebody Everybody please respond!!!

I was banded 11/21/07 and was also self pay. Maybe the band doesn't like self payers. YIKES! I lost 10 lbs. on the pre-op, but really not much since then. I've had one fill on 1/2/08 and noticed no difference. I'm scheduled for another one 1/21/08. I keep wondering why everyone except me is losing. I keep a fog log and exercise. I drink all the fluids. I'm quite frustrated as this was a lot of money. Wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Linda

I had a BMI of 33 and was banded on Dec 18th. I have lost 28 pounds since my surgery and I am losing weight every week. I didnt lose any weight pre OP but lost 10 pounds post OP liquid diet and have been losing ever since.

One bit of advice I would give all low BMI bandsters it to get a bodybugg or something like it. The bugg is a device you wear on arm and it will track how many calories you burn in 24 hours. It will do ALOT more but the main thing to know is how many calories do you burn baseline. (Doing Nothing in 24 hours). Then you can check that number against your diet and raise and lower your calorie intake. I am all for tracking food but what do you compare that number too. The crazy thing is that I have burned 2800 calories in a day and also burned 4500 calories in a day and it wasnt like I ran a marathon on the big calorie day. My point is that you can have a drastic calorie change in numbers and not really notice it. Sorry for rambling just excited...

Hello All,

I was banded on Nov.9 and so far have lost 16lbs. I got my first fill on Dec. 11 and at first I had great restriction. Now I have none. I'm starving and eating wayyyyy too much. I'm afraid to get on the scale because i know I've gained. I'm calling tomorrow to schedule my 2nd fill. Oh geez this lapband is my last hope. What if it fails or I fail it?:think

Everyone is always afraid the lap band won't work for them. I know I sure was. I am a slow loser. I was disappointed that I wasn't losing

as fast as some of the other people on this board.

If you follow the rules of eating Protein first, then veggies and a little bit of fruit, and stay away from white carbs like potatoes, noodles rice , etc you will lose. It might not be as fast as you would like, but you will lose. Once you get properly filled, you will only be able to eat a small portion and then you will lose better.

"Everyone is always afraid the lap band won't work for them. I know I sure was. I am a slow loser. I was disappointed that I wasn't losing

as fast as some of the other people on this board."

Denise - I thought the very same thing! What I realized is that all these tickers get updated when you update your weight. So I was seeing old posts where they've barely been banded and they showed that they had already lost 50 pounds!!!!! I kept thinking WHAT am I doing wrong to not get the same results - duh! I now put my weigh date in my signature so hopefully it won't confuse other newbies :)

Hi everyone.

I used thedailyplate.com to track my calories and I loved it. I got myself the bodybugg for christmas and now I use that I I love it too.

I am down to almost 25 pounds lost - with tomorrow as my 3 month bandiversary - I am so happy. I am 1/3 of the way there! Woo HOO!

bbgot back

How long has it taken you to lose your weight. I think my biggest problem is that I really don't exercise. I have really stuck to good eating habits since my vacation but I am sincerely going to work on the moving. That is probably my problem.

I initially lost 25 in the first 2 1/2 months. Then, I plateaud for 6 months. I started losing again and lost 15 more, recently.

Get in your Water and exercise does make a difference. I would have had better results if I had.

And keeping to the Protein first, veggies and carb last. Limited sweets, fruit instead, no calorie drinks only, no ice cream, Cookies or chips. Those are Huge pitfalls!

I hope that helps!

Baby

Welcome!!

The journey for the lower bmi is a different one, for most of us. We do lose slower and dont want to hear that it can take us up to a year to lose, even if it is less, but IT WILL COME OFF EVENTUALLY if you follow the rules of Protein first, veggies then healthy carb last, no empty calories in liquid form, ice cream, Cookies or chips during the weight loss period.

Of course once in a while is okay if you can trust yourself to not to make it a daily thing, or if you can keep it to a very small quantity a day.

I think lower bmi is around 40ish,what do you guys think?

Of course anyone is welcome!

And for those who were a high bmi, lost weight and are now a lower bmi!!!

This is going to be a great year!

Baby