Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI'ers--2008!!!

"Everyone is always afraid the lap band won't work for them. I know I sure was. I am a slow loser. I was disappointed that I wasn't losing

as fast as some of the other people on this board."

Denise - I thought the very same thing! What I realized is that all these tickers get updated when you update your weight. So I was seeing old posts where they've barely been banded and they showed that they had already lost 50 pounds!!!!! I kept thinking WHAT am I doing wrong to not get the same results - duh! I now put my weigh date in my signature so hopefully it won't confuse other newbies :P

Whatever you change in your signature becomes retroactive to your old posts so whether you type it in or change your ticker, your old posts will still show your new information. I think including your banding date helps newbies figure it out when they read old posts.

Thanks for the info on the different sites to log food and activity. I'm trying a couple different ones, but I'm back to logging my food and activity after slacking in December. Logging the food really does help me make better choices.

I had a great workout today too. I hope you are all doing well.

Hey guys, I am new to this forum. My BMI is 35 I am 5 "8 and weigh about 232. I suffer from bad knees and ankels. My legs get swollen and i don't have good circulation in my legs and arms. I see a surgeon tomorrow. I already saw my primary doc and a stomach doctor. they said i have a good chance. i am just nervous that the insurance will deny it.

Has anyone been in a similar position????:help::eek:

at any given time during the day whether I eat or not my stomach feels like it has a large amount of acid in the main stomach area. today after eating half a grilled cheese sandwich - pb'd almost immediately with the same feeling of the acid in the stomach. does anyone else get this? I still eat too fast - have always been a gulp eater for 50 years - so hard habit to break.:help:

I went down to TJ today and got my first fill. Dr. Romero gave me the max for a 1st fill. I think he said 1.4cc. Hopefully I will get some restriction, I have gained 2 lbs back in the last 3 days...yikes! I made a bowl of Tomato Soup and was only able to eat half of it, I guess that is a good sign. Just wanted to share with everyone, the fill was no big deal, just a little pinch and some pressure. It was nice to be able to see the band and port under fluoro, it all looks great. I think I would be scared to have that done without fluoro, it looks like it could be tricky.

AudricIan: I am so jealous of you! I wanted to have my fill next week and they are making me wait till six weeks post op. Did you even ask if you could have your appointment early for your first fill? Claudia said, "not until 6 weeks". I'm gaining everyday now that I'm on solids.

I will be 5 weeks on Thursday so I am not too far off. I just called and scheduled the fill, no questions asked. Dr. Romero just wanted to make sure that I am not experiencing any reflux or heartburn which I have not been. Just call and schedule for 5 weeks. I am sure they will do it at 5 weeks for you. From what i have read on LBT, other docs do fills at 4 weeks. It is worth a try.

They must be on to you, LOL. I just played stupid when I called to schedule, I didn't volunteer any info. I am sure others will verbally lash me for that(playing stupid)! Good luck to you.

Yeah, I was too honest. LOL

Oh well, I can wait, this band is a life long thing so one more week is fine with me. I've got the rest of my life to loose and maintain.

Patience was never my strong point.

Patience, what patience????? Honestly, no one verbally told me I had to wait 6 weeks and from what I read on LBT it seems that most people get their first fill from 4-6 weeks. I guess not asking when to schedule my fill worked out in my favor. However, after re-reading some of my post op paperwork, it does say first fills are 6-8 weeks post op....ooopsy. To everyone reading this, do not follow in my footsteps, I am a bad bandster and I should be punished for not paying attention. I will keep you posted on my progress, I will let you know how long it took to lose the few pounds tht I have regained.

at any given time during the day whether I eat or not my stomach feels like it has a large amount of acid in the main stomach area. today after eating half a grilled cheese sandwich - pb'd almost immediately with the same feeling of the acid in the stomach. does anyone else get this? I still eat too fast - have always been a gulp eater for 50 years - so hard habit to break.:help:

I can't eat bread so would have had the same experience on the sandwich, but I can't say I have had the same experiences with the acid feeling. Maybe it is acid? Are you experiencing any heartburn?

no heartburn just acid feeling on the stomach - am going to try to take pepo bismol (sp) and see if that helps - have dr appt monday for fill but think I am just going for a check up no fill this month :help:

no heartburn just acid feeling on the stomach - am going to try to take pepo bismol (sp) and see if that helps - have dr appt monday for fill but think I am just going for a check up no fill this month :help:

Oh wow, i'm sorry. :cry I hope you are feeling better soon.

I cannot even come up with words to describe how thrilled I am. I've been working on approval since June/July. I was denied twice, and had a hearing scheduled this coming Monday to argue my case.

When they sent me the hearing date, they also sent the case file and said I could send in addt'l info that I wanted included. i wrote a letter and provided my family history this past Monday. Today I got the call that they re-reviewed it and approved me! I am on top of the world!!!!!!!!!!

In June I had a BMI of 36. By Oct is was 38, and crept to 39 by Christmas. I let them know in the letter that I'm only 6obs away from a BMI of 40 (where they'd approve me even w/o all the comorbidities), and it seems a travesty for me to have to get sicker before getting healthy. Apparently, logic prevailed and they agreed.

Halleluah!!!!! whoo.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifgrin.gif I want to "high five" the world!!!