Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI'ers--2008!!!

Let's start a new thread for the Lower Bmi'ers for 2008!!!

A place for us that are lower bmi'ers to come for support, questions, helpful tips for those of us that have less to lose!

Anyone is welcome!!

Anyone up for an exercise challenge!!

Roll Call!!!!!

BabyGotBack

I'm up for the challenge...How does it work?

Just want to let you all know, I finally told my hubby!!!! (if you are new to my story, check it out on the original lower bmi thread) It went well after the initial anger subsided. I think the fact that I have lost 9 pounds really helped. I am already fitting into my size 12's again!!! I am feeling good about the entire situation. Good luck to all of us low bmi bandsters in 2008!!!!

AudricIan! What a load of your mind this must be for you. Thank goodness his Uncle has his head on straight and your DH's ear.

Congratulations on your incredible loss to date too!

Best wishes for 2008!

nume130 -

someone can correct me if i'm wrong but below 40 is considered a lower bmi and can go as low as 30 (me).

of course everyone is welcome! i think as you get lower on the scale, the harder it is to consistently lose and lose large amounts.

you definitely qualify as a lower bmi bandster.

Oh - me too! I'm almost down to just Overweight :) No more obese word for me!!! My weight loss has definitely slowed down now. I've had to finally resort to exercise!!! (Yuck lol)

I just started the couch to 5k and I am going to start strength/core training as well.

wombat

Just want to let you all know, I finally told my hubby!!!! (if you are new to my story, check it out on the original lower bmi thread) It went well after the initial anger subsided. I think the fact that I have lost 9 pounds really helped. I am already fitting into my size 12's again!!! I am feeling good about the entire situation. Good luck to all of us low bmi bandsters in 2008!!!!

YEAH! I'm so happy for you, I have to be really honest that I was very worried about your relationship and how it would affect you two once he found out, but I think you handled it REALLY well and it sounds like this will bring you two closer!! What a blessing! :whoo:

YEAH! I'm so happy for you, I have to be really honest that I was very worried about your relationship and how it would affect you two once he found out, but I think you handled it REALLY well and it sounds like this will bring you two closer!! What a blessing! :whoo:

I think we will be just fine. My DH is a super guy, he just hates doctors and that is our downfall. I really explained how the band works to him and I have shown him that it doesn't mean we can't go out to eat anymore or that I can't touch carbs. I think he may have thought that now I have to be on a strict diet and that I won't enjoy going out with our friends and family because I won't be able to order off the menu. With no fill, I am able to eat anything so far, nothing has upset my stomach yet. I am eating about half as much as normal and trying to follow the Protein, veggies and then carb rule as much as I can. I thought for sure I would have gained some weight back but, I am down another pound today....173 YEAH BABY!!!! I don't think it is restriction I am feeling, just lack of interest in food. I am eating 2 meals a day and one slim fast. My first fill is on January 8th, I really hope it goes okay for me. I am scared to be overfilled. I have lost the 1st 10 lbs over a 5 week period and that is about as fast as i would like to lose. ALso I don't want to be overfilled and start gaining weight....scary!

Thanks for your support, I feel so good about my band and my life now. Good luck to you in 2008

Hi everyone.

I was banded on 10/08 so I am coming up on my 3 month bandiversary. I love it. I wish I would have done it sooner.

That said, I also wish the weight loss was a little faster. I am on fill 3 at this point with 6cc in a 10cc band. I am down 23 pounds which is great for me as this is right where I would normally fall off the diet bandwagon and be back to gaining.

If I look back, I have been able to enjoy the holidays, never had a PB and didnt ever go a week and gain - WHAT MORE COULD I ASK FOR! In addition, fills are no big deal at all.

I love this thread!

AudricIan- I am sooo happy to hear that you are working through this with your DH - this is great news, you must feel so relieved. My DH told me a few days ago that he has never seen me so 'alive' - I am sure that your hubby will notice all of the new benefits of your weight loss and be so happy for you in the end. Congrats.

Audric, I am really glad you finally told him. Although I can certainly see why you chose not to tell him at first.

I have never told my dad. If I had, he would remind me over and over again about how much money I spent. He would not be supportive. It's very tricky when I go to Arizona and eat around him. I have to be really careful.

It's pretty unusual to get overfilled with a first fill. Most doctors want people to get used to their fills slowly. We are all rooting for you!

New Me, I was a very slow loser. I lost 22 lbs the first 4 weeks on the liquid diet and then nothing for a couple of months. It was really

frustrating. But slowly, I started losing a lb here and there. I often will go for a couple of months and not lose anything.

I have to exercise nearly every day or I don't lose at all. If I do that, after I plateau for awhile, then suddenly I will drop 5 lbs.

then nothing again for a couple months.

I am happy though. I know I would be heavier by now without the band, and I am now lower than I have been in 25 years.

denise - thanks for the encouragement. Today I started something new, I had a south beach bar for Breakfast (20G protein) then egg salad for lunch and then around 3 pm I had a Protein shake (45G protein) ...now it is 7pm and I have barely been able to get dinner of oatmeal down.

Maybe this fill is kicking in - it has been a week today. I have also done yoga and pilates in the last two days. I have a felling that I will be like you - slow slow and then a loss then slow slow again. I dont care, really, as long as I am going down!

Audrician, I have thought of you so often. I was considering not telling my dh. My hubby is in his 70's and does not understand half the stuff I do. I turns out on Jan 1st hubby asked me if I had any new years resolutions. I told him no. He said I thought you were trying to lose weight???why don't you investigate WLS. As the saying goes... you could have knocked me over with a feather.lol

Jann

I had my first fill November 29. I had good restriction for the first two weeks, although I am a bit looser now. My husband has a VG band and was banded the same day as I was and got his first fill at the same time I did; he has needed another fill for about three weeks and can eat just about anything, although not in the volumes he could in pre band days. We are headed back to Tijuana Dec 10 and he is getting a second fill. I'm not feeling like I need one yet; I am eating more than I think I should in Snacks, but for meals I am quite restricted, so what I am overeating is not the band's fault! I've lost about 10 lb since the fill, and I am still losing a couple of pounds a week.