Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Exercise - HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

You can make very tasty BBQ Sauce out of vinegar Tomato sauce and liquid smoke. I will have to check out the recipe at home. It also calls for splenda but if you don't do splenda then you could probably add a little honey to sweeten it up.

I guess I will never be a true vegan because I don't think I would give up honey. Mostly because I don't really see bees on the same level as a cow or pig. Bees do a lot of good with the pollination and shiz but I just think they are assholes.

BG- Yes, veggie kabobs are awesome! You start spinning classes next week, too??? So do I!!! I can't wait!!! I'm taking two classes, though...because each are only one day a week and I think that is just not enough for me!

ZZ - Yeah, I have to make the chicken just so I can torch it like HoosierPoms! LOL I have never seen whole chickens MORE on fire than in that picture!!! Hilarious! And I gotta get that book!

JM - Fresh fruit is the only way to go, believe me. Canned anything is pretty much crap-o-la. Fresh, fresh, fresh...YUMMY, too! Beware the cheese in mass quantities, though! It will plug you up, girl! LOL But I just saw a cheese advertised yesterday that is supposed to aid with digestion...what an oxymoron! I can't recall the name, but it reminded me of the yogurt Activia? Dunno. I'll pay more attention next time it's on.

DiBaby - Get well, girl! We miss ya!

Angel - We miss you, too! Glad to see you poking your head in from time to time! How you feeling?

JM and BG - Honey is yummy! There is always Stevia, too! And it's completely natural!

It's an herb that, in extract form (liquids or packets just like splenda or sweet n low), is 200-300 times sweeter than table sugar. You can usually find it at whole foods/organic stores. I just looked it up this morning for someone on another thread. Pretty incredible how sweet this plant is! It is part of the Chrysanthemum family...weird, huh?

I am actually getting some stevia this weekend. It is wicked expensive though. I think about 11 bucks for a salt shaker sized containter. Not the big morton salt but the actual shaker itself. The stevia is actually supposed to curb your hunger for sugar instead of sending you for more like regular sugar does.

Personally I don't like honey by itself but if there is a little bit mixed in with something big then it's fine. In making the BBQ Sauce use a little and it should be ok. Now I am intrigued to try it with the stevia though.....

Yeah my wife loves Stevia...sometimes its hard to dilute in a hot drink and clumps together i thin because there are Proteins in it. But she has found these little green packet ones that dont clump too bad.

Today 20 min run, 20 min bike ride 5 min walk 20 min swim (10 min hot tub! Yeaaaaaaaaaah)

<p>Stefanie-I exercise vicariously through you guys, since I can't right now. I guess you could call me a lurker, as I read all the posts and keep an eye on you guys. I'm feeling pretty good, but will be glad when this darn swelling goes down, as I feel like a stuffed sausage in my compression garment.</p> <p>jm-I found a liquid calcium citrate that I like that is sweetened with stevia not corn Syrup. I also try to stay away from corn syrup, it's hard as it is in so many things. I used to see Stevia in a 100 pkg box, like Splenda at Wal*Mart, but the last time I was there I didn't see them, maybe they didn't sell too well. I think they were about $8 a box, not real cheap compared to the Splenda, but I'm sure you could find them at a Health food store or Super Supplements.</p>

Thanks for the Stevia info guys, really appreciate it...

Whos, I LOVE sparkpeople. Sooo much more than fitday. Don't know if its the pretty colors or what!

Alynne, thanks for the Calcium recommendation, I'm looking into that right now!

I've never checked that part of it out. I'll play around with it this weekend and let you know!