Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Exercise - HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

The sugar? I just stopped cold turkey. The first 3 days were hell. I had a horrible headache and overall felt shitty. I craved sugar. I also stopped with refined white things so no white flour or white rice. Since I also gave up the meat at the same time I allowed myself to eat anything I wanted. I had lots of fruit to help curb the sugar. Whole wheat crackers and cheese, string cheese, multigrain pita chips. I looked up a lot of recipes and tried new things. But I do feel good now. I am not craving it any longer.

I can't do meat right now, I rely wayyy tooo much on chicken, but I'm definately going to try the sugar thing. Theres just no reason to eat it. Do you allow yourself canned fruit, or just raw, whole fruit?

Most canned fruit is packed in Syrup which is loaded with sugar. Unless you can find some that is not packed in syrup fresh is the best way to go. Hell even if you do find some canned w/o syrup fresh is always better.

Thanks, sorry for badgering you with soo many questions. I only ask about the canned stuff because I have a hard time eating things like peaches and pears now with my restriction, but the canned stuff goes down just fine. I think I'm going to be eating a lot of cheese!

All of it. It is basically about becoming a vegan because of all the bad crap that is in food, how bad things are for you and such. Even if you don't follow all of it, it is a very good read.

Hey ZZ have you seen the peta chicken videos? If you were interested in not eating the bird anymore that is definitely something to watch. It is very horrid and graphic though.

Skinny Bitch is an amazing book. Hilarious in how it is written.

Talking about this book on 2 threads has me all confused. Ha!

I have NOT watched any PETA vids... I don't imagine I ever could. The THOUGHT of animal cruelty is enough for me... And the book had those graphic accounts from workers in slaughterhouses... yeah, horrifying.

I WISH there were awful PETA videos for High Fructose Corn Syrup! Lol. Now that I would watch and then I'd be able to kick that nasty habit.

Ya know - the world always points out how 'gross' and unhealthy obesity is - and then WTF - there are still all of these nasty foods with nasty ingrediants and McD's and etc etc etc... It's like the whole 'Do as I say, not as I do' theory... (am I making sense?)

OK! So, I got my ass out of bed this morning, showered, went outside in the freeeeezing cold, stopped to put gas in my car, and drove 20 miles to work..just to be told to go home? Apparently my schedule is all jacked up and I was off today - a THREE DAY WEEKEND! Not that I'm complaining about that, but if I'd KNOWN I had a 3 day weekend I'd have SLEPT IN! Lol.

So! I'm taking advantage - and it's supposedto warm up into 50s today I think.. I'm going for a walk. I'm excited.

Hi guys..didn't die or anything. Just been really sick..:sick

I don't know when I'll be able to get back at it. Going to go to the docs tomorrow morning. I keep on thinking I'm getting better than get worse again. I think it's a sinus infection. I dunno just wanna chop my head off..lol.

oh and yes..high fructose corn Syrup is the devil!

but suprisingly cheese is not. Although the harder the cheese the better. Has to do with the glycemic index thing again. Doesn't absorb into the body as fat..although I'm still learning about all this.

Anyways if we all just stick to natural whole foods..which yes cheese isn't really..but its made with whole foods..so pretty close..lol..and no high fructose corn syrup!

Hi guys..didn't die or anything. Just been really sick..:sick

I don't know when I'll be able to get back at it. Going to go to the docs tomorrow morning. I keep on thinking I'm getting better than get worse again. I think it's a sinus infection. I dunno just wanna chop my head off..lol.

oh and yes..high fructose corn Syrup is the devil!

but suprisingly cheese is not. Although the harder the cheese the better. Has to do with the glycemic index thing again. Doesn't absorb into the body as fat..although I'm still learning about all this.

Anyways if we all just stick to natural whole foods..which yes cheese isn't really..but its made with whole foods..so pretty close..lol..and no high fructose corn syrup!

Dibaby-Hope you start feeling better, those head colds can be a b***h! I had one just before my PS. As for not knowing when you'll be able to get back to the gym, I know how you feel, I'm having to take off 6 weeks. I'll have to start slow and work up to where I was before the surgery. It is what it is! Good Luck!

Hope you feel better Di....I may be asking you some nutrition questions as well.....I know you're on the clean food!

Thanks Stephanie for the welcome. I will PM you after this post.

I did my day 3/week 2 couch to 5K today. That was about 30 minutes, so I jumped on the bike for 20 and the stairclimber for 10. I was good and sweaty. I had a cool realization today. I know you are not supposed to compare yourself to others, but I am human and sometimes do. While I was cooling down after my run on the treadmill, I was walking about 3.4. I checked my HR and it registered at 115.bpm. A nice cool down from the 145 or so when I was done running. I happened to see a woman in front of me also walking at 3.4 and her HR was 143. It was a light bulb moment for me when I realized that after this past 18 months or so working out, I have conditioned my heart since I know in the past walking at 3.4 or 3.5 was a real challenge. I was happy with myself. I know that I can continue to push myself and improve but for someone with high blood pressure, this was a good feeling (not to mention the woman was quite a bit smaller than myself!).

I found it interesting to see the talk about corn Syrup. I was craving a turkey burger today. Thinking I would make a burger, maybe a slice of cheddar on it and some carmelized onions and maybe a little BBQ Sauce. So after the gym I am at the market buying ingredients and looking at the BBQ sauce. Naturally I expect it to be high sugar, but I was floored reading the ingredients. 90% of the sauces listed the corn syrup as the #1 ingredient! I found a light version that had sugar as one of the last ingredients and I bought it..I imagine it will not taste very good but I will try it. I have given up sugar in the past and I know it is evil, but I am not ready to do it again yet. Maybe I will find some motivation here....

Have a great day.