Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dayton Ohio Bandster

First of all Congrats Penny!! We are all so happy for you!!

Lisa- My gym is really affordable they have ellipticals, but its about 25.00-30.00 a month. They do a contract though...It's worth every dollar. I have had my membership almost 6 years now... I only pay 15 a month now..I am not sure at what your looking for but sometimes, some gyms will let you buy a membership for a year for pretty cheap, you just have to talk to them...If they want a sell they will sell!

Penny~ I guess I lost about 20lbs, from the preop diet and the first month I lost a good 35 lbs all together..The preop diet is hard but it gets you ready for the long haul....

I hope you are all doing well, look forward to hearing from you soon!

Penny what did you think of the meeting yesterday? When is your appt set up for Dr Siddiqui? I was there also at the meeting with a fellow nurse that I work with. I am trying to get things worked out so that I can get my surgery a little cheaper then what my insurance charges by having lysis of adheasion surgery at the same time. So keep your fingers crossed for me please. Keep me posted on your date etc.

Where you sitting in the first row on the left side of the room? My husband and I were sitting on the right side front side on the second row.

I met with Dr. Siddiqui after the meeting :tt2:... I am now waiting on the insurance company to SAY YES :wink:.

I have talked to my insurance company and they will approve it (Anthem) :lol:.

So... jumping the gun :tongue2:- I am looking at having it on a Thursday, 3/13 (that will be my spring break) :cheers2:. My last day of classes is the 12th and I want to be a different woman by the time I graduate in June :drool:. My husband do want me to stay overnight in the hospital because I think it would worry him to death wondering if he or I was doing the right thing (post surgery- he does not like to see me in pain or not feeling well) :iagree:.

Interesting, my husband is trying to chew his food with the consistency of applesauce- he shared that he tried all-day yesterday and could not do it :blink:! He is for the surgery but he is shocked that the amount of food post surgery will be 1/2 cup :eek:. He has attempted to measure food... but it does not work for him. Next week, I will try that consistency :ohmy:.

Also, I will start dieting next week to lose pre-surgery weight. They did not give me a diet because Dr. Siddiqui shared that he will need to see me again to schedule the surgery date and give me the diet. I want to be pro-active and start losing before then. This week, I will eat all the WRONG GOOD FOOD... to get it out of my system :lurk5:.

So, this weekend- I will research a plan to start on a diet next week :wub:.

:blush: :party:

Penny,

I am so excited for you..The next couple of weeks will be hard but worth every minute of it!!! I am sure you will have a great experience with Dr. Siddiqui! It's so exciting to hear about everyone journeys!!! It makes me get excited about my band all over again..

Hey Dayton girls!!!! Where is everyone???? So will there be snow tonight...That is the question? Okay well I found out my favorite zumba lady is doing zumba on Monday Nights at 9 pm...If anyone would like to go to the gym I am sure I can get some free passes!!! Okay well got to study.... Take care all. I hope your doing well!

Hi everyone. The snow wasn't so bad here in Beavercreek. We mostly had rain and ice. The kids enjoyed having a day off and a two hour delay today. I enjoyed not having to shovel all the snow. I left what there was for traction.

I had another tiny fill and am up to 3.1cc in my 4cc band. The doc has been very supportive (he has a band too!) even though I'm losing so slowly. I had a goal for 2/14 that I won't meet now, but I am determined to get back on the band-wagon.

Take care everyone!

Yes Penny that was me. I so wondered if that was you. I am still waiting for the office to get back with me to see if they can do an exp. lap on me at time of banding. I have lysis of adheasions to my belly from my hysterectomy and 17 lb tumor removal last nov. If they can get it approved that way my out of pocket expense will be dooable. Otherwise I will remain fat for several more years. I am saving and have been but our insurance sucks and it will cost me between 5-9 thousand for my portion. Keep me posted. Most all of Dr Siddiquis patients spend the night. There have only been a few who insisted on going home.

Jess...is it priemer fitness that you go to? Maybe one day soon I will be able to make it back there. My schedule sucks right now.

Hello all,

I am still waiting for the insurance to get back with me :eek:.

My papers were not sent off until 4 days ago- do you all think I am anxious :wub:.

Zumba, I love Zumba!! I go to the Englewood Y :smile: and they have an excellent instructor there. The sad part for me is that I really won't be able to attend until after this quarter on a regular basis (because of my work and school hours :tt2:).

Jesse,

It is very hard to wait patiently... but I have started my pre-surgery diet :lol: (it will give me more time to lose weight- for my liver's sake). I had some medifast left over- so... I am taking it.

Annie,

I am attempting to join you all in the Band World :thumbup:... but I am still new to this. What does it mean that you are up to 3.1cc in your 4cc band?

Teresa,

Hopefully prayerfully- you can get banded sooner that later. Like me, we must remember that it will happen when the ultimate Physician says so :crying:. If it was up to me, I would have had this surgery over Christmas break... but, that was just my plan. Even though I have another plan (hopefully getting it done during my spring break) - I know that I must learn to wait p-a-t-i-e-n-t-l-y and it will be right on time with I do get it :smile:.

It appears that God is opening another door for you :w00t:.

PS- I like the icons

Hi Friends,

Just thought I'd check in with all of you.

I had my 4th fill today (5cc's in the 10cc band). Got full really quickly tonight at dinner.

Monday will be President's Day & the kids are out of school. I'm taking my Girl Scout Troop to lunch that day (at a Chinese buffet of course - Hey, they voted for it - not me!). I'll get to spend $6 to eat 1/2 cup of chicken! Do pray that I don't over do it though.

Other than that, all else is going well. I'm glad to hear that Penny will be on the Band-Wagon soon!:eek:

Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention that my Mom (62 yrs old) is having the band put in on the 25th. I'm travelling up to Michigan to be with her during her surgery & for a couple of days after to support her.

It will be very interesting to see from the "other side" of the bandster experience.

Her pre-op experience has been difficult...They required the 2 week liquid diet, the bowel prep, the Upper GI. She's really going through a depressive mode right now. She's on her 5th day of 700 calories a day, and she's very tired. She also freaked out when she had to sign the documents (that we all have to sign) before surgery that says..."You could die"! I remember that day myself - it was kind of a slap in the face as to the reality of what we were about to go through. But, now that it's been 3 months post op - I'd do it again without any hesitation!

Well I am excited that you got your fill Firebolt, and what exciting news to hear your mom is having the band!! Wow, it does tend to get discouraging, and scarry before you go in and have surgery. I was really scared too when I signed those papers.

Penny

It does take a lot of waiting at first but every day, it gets one day closer! Well when you get recovered after the band we will have to take turns going to each others zumba class!!!! LOL!!! I love it. Especially this one instructor..She is fabulous!!!

Annie, that is great your doc is so understanding about your fills. I have decided to go back on liquids for a few days to give my tummy a break, I am doing a little head hunger eating and that is not good for me..So I got to put a stop too it, and start over just for a week. To get myself adjusted..I will need to get a fill soon but I know I still have to learn how to do this and so no to "head hunger".

Well I hope you all have a great weekend, and Take Care!!!

Good morning,

As I am about to prepare for Church, I would like to thank you all for giving me the reality of getting the band done. Even though I know that trails and tribulations are a part of life… I always look at a glass being half full instead of half empty; therefore, I find the beauty in everything.

As you all discuss your fills, head hunger (I like that term), pre-surgery expectations/experiences… THIS IS VERY HELPFUL TO ME. Knowing that I have to sign the “death form” gives me the opportunity to become one/ok with it and to prepare my husband!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The interesting part… through it all- I still am looking forward to having it done and can hardly retain myself.

Question, how many people did you all share the information with pre-surgery? Did you wait until people noticed the pounds coming off? I have shared the information with my husband and one girlfriend (her Doctor has approved her to have the surgery- she is 349 pounds with a lot of medical problems that is being caused/triggered by her weight). After I get a date, I will share the information with my mother, sister, brothers, and niece- they will probably fuss and attempt to get me to change my mind- but they do know that once my mind is made up- I will move forward! My father is in a nursing home; therefore, I will not share the information with him.

Thank you all again for your words of wisdom, your encouragement, your life experiences with the band, and most of all... sharing enough to share!

Penny,

I think we are all more than glad to help you!!! I started my journey with the band at 349lbs, and I am at 258. So your friend could have a lot of success as well! I did tell my friends and family about my surgery but not a whole lot of others until after surgery. Now when I started going to college, I found out that 5 other students had some type of WLS as well. So it was interesting...to see that I wasn't the only one who had lost weight.

Good Morning,

Yesterday I received some news that I really don’t care for:cursing:. I called my insurance company to check the status of my paperwork and they shared with me that they have not received it :). I called my Dr. office and the person shared that she have a confirmation number where she faxed it and she will refax it. She will call on Friday to make sure that they received it… I am not happy about this :Banane34::party:.

If I had not placed a call into the insurance company, when would this had been discovered :party::piggy:? The person is a very sweet person- but she appeared to be very nonchalant about the paperwork being lost in fax/computer land :Banane25:. My husband questioned if the paperwork had been sent!

Maybe this is just a rare situation… but it is interfering in the date that I wanted to have the surgery (yes, it is selfish) :). I wanted to have it on 3/13/08 (I get out of school on the 12th- it would give me the perfect opportunity to take off work and recup from the surgery and rest :Banane45:).

Have anyone else experienced this? My husband thinks I should jump ship and go with another Doctor :woot:. He believes that this may be a sign of more confusion/foolishness to unfold in the future. I can sort of see his point of view because when I initially called in... there was a bit of confusion :woot:.

THE GOOD NEWS- IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

WHEN? WHERE? WITH WHOM?

That may be up in the air :Banane44:.

Penny, what doc is this? If you do jump ship, Synchrony health in northern cincy has been very supportive to me. On the other hand, one airhead in the office won't mean that your whole experience will be bad.

What crummy weather we are having this year! The kids are off school again.

I wanted to get to the gym again but it is too icy. My weight is stuck again and it will take many hours at the treadmill to get the numbers to change.

It is a miracle,

The Doctor’s office called me today (Dr. Suddiqui) and said that I have been approved :party:! She shared that my insurance company called her yesterday and gave the approval :ohmy:. Imagine that :tt2:.

I have a Doctor’s office appointment scheduled for March 5th (she said that it was to take a picture :eek:) and my pre-op/pre-testing appointment is scheduled for March 6th for 4 hours. She is going to fax me the two week diet today :lunch:.

Interesting… My husband called the Doctor yesterday and was waiting on him to call back :dupe:. I had to fax a letter yesterday stating that my case can be discussed with my husband (I believe that I have already sign the HIPPA form stating that information can be discussed with him) interesting :tt2:.

The bottom line, I am happy. My surgery date :w00t: is the exact date that I wanted MARCH 13TH. I will be on spring break and I will take a week off from work... Life is good and I am excited :lol: :bigear::smile:.

Please share the pre-op/pre-testing appointment- what is the 4 hours about :thumbup:. The office shared that I will be talking to the various Doctors.

Annie, the weather may be crummy outside but life is good. I see the joy of the morning :couch2:. I know that there will be trails and tribulations with the band :hurt:- but to have a tool that will assist me with my weight is a wonderful gift :present:.