Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dayton Ohio Bandster

Hi Annie! It was terrific meeting up with you for coffee this afternoon (again, sorry I kept you waiting!) Your insight & experiences were invaluable. We are exactly a year apart.

It's hard to believe you were a bariatric patient! You look fabulous - even if you don't get to goal, you've got to be sooo proud of what you've accomplished so far. It's also great how much we have in common with the kids & mutual friends. I look forward to getting together again soon. Look at your calendar and see if there's a date in Feb. when we can get together again.

I'm hoping we can get together with Jess & Penny also. We'll make our own support group!

By the way - I went through the clothes you donated - I absolutely LOVE the Eddie Bauer Skirt & I'm looking so forward to having some new sizes to try on! The slacks are beautiful & the jeans will be great for the weekends. Thanks again!

Talk to you soon....

Judy

I am going to schedule an appointment to get my pressure taken next week and I will ask for a timeframe when they think I will be ready. Hopefully, prayerfully, the Doctor will sign off on that day.

I just took my pressure and between this morning and yesterday- it is averaging the mid 130's over the mid 90's!!

Oh, I forgot, the last time I was in the Doctor's office it was 196/157.

I believe that I am on my way!!!

Penny glad to hear that it is coming down finally! Its about time huh? Bet your feeling better with it not being as high too. Bet you'll be fine in time for your surgery. Keep us posted.

Hello Everyone,

I am glad you got to meet up that is encouragement! I hope everyone is doing well. Penny, what an awesome job you are doing! Keep up the good work! It's been a bad couple of days with school and my little ones..I am looking forward to having Friday off..I need to hit the gym I have been doing the elliptical at home though..Okay well everyone take care and have a good night and Happy Early FRiday!

I hit the gym today. I lasted about 35 minutes on the treadmill and lived to tell about it. I hadn't been there in a long time, but the lady at the check in desk remembered me and commented on my weight loss! I was so surprised because so few people have noticed. I also went through my closet again and now there is nothing too small in there. That is the first time I can say that because i have always had stuff in there that was too small. NSV Woo Hoo! I'm on new ground...

Annie - I'm so glad to hear that your closet has become your friend again! Are the clothes still in style? If so, then you've got it made! It's got to be so motivating - they say, "nothing tastes as good as thin feels", and now that you're back in your old clothes, that's gotta feel good!

It's also uplifting to hear that the lady at the gym remembered you & noticed all of your hard work. 35 minutes is a terrific workout, especially since you haven't been in a while. When are you planning on going again? Are you going to stick to a schedule, or just hit it when you can?

I've taken your advice and have my next fill appt. for this Friday. I really want to see this weight come off. I get discouraged sometimes - here it's been about 2 months & all of my weight loss was in the first month!

But - I am using my treadmill everyday. 40 minutes last night. I walked while watching a show on Discovery Health called "Addicted to Food"...It shows these extremely challenged overweight people fighting for their lives, barely able to walk. I'm so thankful that my battle is not as hopeless as theirs may seem. I've only got 100lbs to loose. These poor folks have 400-600 lbs to loose. It motivated me to keep on going on that dang treadmill. I don't have it too bad now do I?

Write back soon!

Judy

Hi Judy! Thanks for your encouraging words! Lots of the pants that now fit were 80's style high waist, narrow ankle types so I pitched them. But, there was one pair of size 12 Gap pants that I bought when I got my surgery date that now fit. They are even long enough (gasp!) The amazing part is to not have anything to "shrink" into. I am still getting used to the idea.

I'm so glad you have a fill scheduled. It makes such a difference in the amount of hunger you feel. With my .5 cc taken out I still have some restriction, but I'm so hungry! Can't wait 'till Monday when I can get some fill back.

It's so great that you are using the treadmill everyday. That will make such a difference. I've seen programs like the one you were describing- so heartbreaking. It takes so long to lose weight. (unless you can get on "biggest loser"...I can't imagine how those folks drop those big numbers every week. If someone loses just 2 lbs, there is this shocked silence....) I used to have a treadmill, but there wasn't room for it here so we moved it to our Kentucky place. I never seem to be able to get there to use it. It is so cold today and I have errands so I'll do the mall walking thing. I wish they had lockers there...

annie

I have been banded 11 months now, and lost 52 pounds, but have gained 5 pounds back because my restriction has changed. I just had a fill yesterday, and am hoping it will help. Annie, does your restriction feel different now then it did in the beginning???

Would like to join your support group, hope to hear from you guys!!

Lisa, yes my restriction has changed many times! I'm sure your recent fill will help you get on track again. I think as you lose weight you also lose around your stomach so you can lose restriction. After having such a long period without weight loss last year, I have resolved to be more aware of my restriction and get more fill when needed.

:rolleyes2:Hello all,

Update on my blood pressure. I am happy to report that my pressure averages 118/84 :). When I went to the Doctor to get it checked... I was so excited... it INCREASED to 143/96 :eek:! WHITE COAT SYMDROME!!!!!

I came home took it again and it went back down :). Minor setback, I have to take it for the next ten days and report the readings back to the Doctor :tt1:.

From everyone's emails- I understand that we all have our good days and bad days...but let's all remember... WEEPING MAY ENDURE FOR A NIGHT, BUT JOY, COME IN THE MORNINGS!! The lapband is an AID/TOOL that we need to ACHIEVE our goal :frown:.

Penny

Annie how long did you go last year without losing??? I have managed to drink all of the Water I am supposed to today:lol: I haven't done that in a while. I think gaining those 5 pounds back has really shocked me, and made me realize that I had let some bad habits creep in. I was really satisfied with the initial weight loss. I felt so good about myself for the first time in a long time. And the little voice started playing in my head "it won't hurt you to eat just a little", and so I was eating things (sugar, carbs) that I know I CAN NOT

eat. Also, I have found some great clothes at the local thrift stores. It is amazing how many size 14's are on the rack hardly worn...I wonder if it is from all those "dieters" that jumped up to 18's and beyond??? I have put off buying anything new until I get closer to my goal. But I have found some really great things (a sexy red dress!!!) that I wouldn't have bought otherwise, and I am trying more form fitting things too!!! Shocking I know!!!

Take care

HI Lisa,

Dr Clarey also did my surgery... Do you all find that the closer you get to your goal, the harder it gets to loose? Well I am working out and doing my elliptical but I don't feel like I am losing that..I will get measured Saturday I guess. I hope I have lost something..Last week only two pounds..I go back to see the doc on the 7th of Feb...And I hope I have lost some more... I know I have to have patience but with so much still to lose...I get a little frustrated..

Annie I am so excited for you!!! You give me hope!!!! I just got my zumba CD's in the mail so I can do it more than once a week..so here it goes...Not to mention I need to continue to do my elliptical..I am thinking of selling the one I have at home...I just can't get a work out done at home with my two small kids and I have the gym membership so...I don't know yet what to do... I am down in my 22 pants now...I have two pairs I can wear..I was in a 28 so a 22 is pretty good for me but I really want size 20! I think when I get there I will be so excited..Sounds silly huh? I can't remember ever wearing jeans smaller than that...Okay well everyone have a great day!

Hi,

I went about 6 months without losing last year. It was very frustrating yet I think I needed the time to "settle in" to my new weight and maintain for a while. Now I'm ready to roll.

I wish we could ban the word "only" in front of what pounds we've lost. Any success is a good thing.

Every now and then I'll look at the big sacks of dog food at the grocery store (they each weigh about 30 lbs) and imagine such bulk back on again. Nope, ain't gonna happen. lol

Jess:

You have lost a good deal of weight!! Your regular exercise is amazing (I can't seem to get it in, I hope to do better in the Spring). I have been told by trainers, that when you are working out, you are building muscle and losing fat at the same time, but muscle weighs more. I also agree with Annie, I think we may plateau after a big loss, in order for our bodies to figure out where we are. Don't forget you are toning up as well, so you will probably see good results in your inches. When did you get your surgery done???

I had my surgery 11/06 at Cin wt loss which is now syncrony (sp?) health. Before they changed their name, I didn't feel much support from them. I didn't see the surgeon after my surgery, just nurses. They let me set my own appts. and I wasn't good about going back in. Now I get to see a real doctor and he is terrific with the advice about fills. He will tell me when to come back and knowing that a weigh-in is coming really helps me focus.