Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dayton Ohio Bandster

I understand completely..I rushed a lot of my stuff. I wanted to get banded before college started..So I did too! I am excited for you! It was the best thing I have ever done...Best wishes! Keep in touch!

RB99JABB It is so nice to meet you. I work at Good Sam and take care of the post banded patients. Dr Siddiqui is fantastic. I have attended his meeting and they also just started a support class for the banded patients. I am saving my money to be banded. He is the person that will band me. Unfortunately our insurance isnt the best at the hospital and it is very expensive for us to be banded or any gastric surgery for that point. Let me know if you have any questions. Our bariatric rooms are beautiful. I can try and attend the meeting with you if you would like. As long as I dont work that night. The nights I work and we have banded patients I am the one that does all the post op education to make sure any questions are answered before the patient goes home. Good luck and congratulations on your decision to be banded and start a new healthy life this year. Again, any questions please feel free to ask. I will do all I can to help.

Jess...When do you go to Primere fitness to work out? I am a member there but havent been there in a while I hate to work out alone. Congratulations in your weightloss so far!

Nurse Teresa,

I am going on Monday and Wednesday, at 12:30 right now and Tues, Thursday at 6:00-6:30. Then I hit the step class and Zumba..This Saturday, Nancy Wilson will be there giving away Rascal Flat Tickets! I will be there doing Zumba! Two of the girls in my Respiratory Therapy class works or has worked at Good Sam! Thanks so much hope to see you at the gym sometime!

Jess...hope to see you thee sometime soon. However this past week has been total hell with my asthma.....just call me wheezzzzzzzzie lol

Penny...did you know that they are having two info sessions in jan so that way you wont have to wait til feb 6th? The date is 1/16 at 5:30-7pm. Just got some information in the mail today.

I am enjoying this! Talking with seasoned people and talking with people who have a working knowledge of the program- is cool! I truly believe that information is powerful for good decision making- boy, am I getting an education!

Theresa, my husband works 2nd shift and he really wants to attend with me, therefore, I have to be a little more patient and wait until 2/6.

If you do not mind, I would like to get your schedule and get banded a day when you are working. I like to surround myself with good positive people!

Thank you

Thats fantastic! I would love to be there and be your nurse. Just keep me posted on how things are going. Janet the bariatric coordinator can also check and see if I am working that day and then they can make sure that I work and am assigned to take care of you. They have even had me come in on my days off to take care of banded patients.

I'm back. I've been in "bandster hell" and will probably need a slight unfill when I go in next. I had a few days where I have pb'd nearly everything and even pb'd a liquid drink. (sorry to be graphic) Fortunately, I can keep liquids down again. I might have had a bit of a bug, who knows.

Firebolt, I will send you another email today.

Hey Annie, sorry to hear your having a hard time, Annie. I hope they get you better soon...

NurseTeresa...I understand about the wheezies, I am an asthmatic my self. I have been at the gym the past 8 days...I wnt again to day. I hope some weight drops off soon...Well I have to make dinner so I hope you all take care..

Hi Penny, I just wanted to give you a warm welcome to our Dayton Ohio Bandster site! I encourage you to read all you can on this forum, this is the best website I've found!

One in particular in the Monthly Lapband Support Groups/November 2007/Who's being Banded on 11/20? has some great info about what to expect for the first 2 months (I started this one, and we have about 15 people that have communicated the good, the bad & the ugly over the last couple of months.

But by all means, stay in touch with us in the Dayton Ohio Bandster thread. We can all support & care for eachother locally. It's really great that you've already lined up Nurse Teresa to be your post-op nurse -- What are the chances of that??:)

Anyways, welcome & hope to hear more from you soon!

Hey Jess - I wanted to let you know that Annie and I are going to meet up next week for coffee to meet face to face (we live in the same neighborhood for goodness sakes!):hungry:

I've sent you an e-mail with more info. Let us know if you want to come along, ok?

Judy

Hello all and thank you for your support,

I have a setback to get approved- but it is a step in the right direction to a healthier life change! My blood pressure is elevated and my Doctor will not sign off on my medical form. My pressure averages the mid 150's over around 115 (today, it was down to 148/104 this morning- that is a blessing compared to 178/124 (the highest).

So, to start my lifestyle change, I have reduced my sodium intake drastically (interesting, I do not add extra salt to my foods), limited my fat intake, and I will return to the Y on Monday (Zumba!). Unfortunately, or shall I say fortunately, today I will start walking 10-15 minutes a day.

Even though it is a setback, it is a blessing because I will get a head start on my much needed life style change!

Also, Firebolt, the: Monthly Lapband Support Groups/November 2007/Who's being Banded on 11/20 site, was very informative. It Enlightened me to a lot of helpful tidbits.

Thank you all, again

Penny I would still go to your informational meeting on feb 6th. By the time your in to see the dr and have everything else done your blood pressure should be down to where it wont be an issue to have him sign off. Besides the surgery itself and the weightloss will make your b/p drop quickly. Keep us posted as to how your blood pressure issues are going. Did he prescribe you an antihypertensive medication?

Yes, I have every intentions on going to the 2/6 meeting.

I am taking Triamt/hctz 75-50 mg- once a day.

Good I am glad that you are still planning on going. Good luck with the b/p meds. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you in any way!

Penny - how long do they think it will take before your blood pressure is down enough for surgery? Did they give you any kind of estimate?

Glad to hear you're going to the gym. Sure wish I could get motivated to go!