Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dayton Ohio Bandster

Hi Hazeleyes,

I haven't received any replies so if you want we can be buddies... I am a military wife at wright patt. I haven't gotten my first fill yet and I am very nervous about it. Will you be going to the meeting today? I don't know if I can make it so just curious. Let me know if you want to chat.

Kim

Hi Kim I would like to chat and be buddies. No I won't be at the meeting today I have a meeting at work. But as far as your first fill it really isn't much to it I was nervous as well. Who performed your surgery? Dr Dock was mine I just received my 4th fill on Monday.

Dr Dock did my surgery also. He said that I should only need one fill, is he giving me a bunch of huey? He knows I am scared of needles LOL.... I did not go to the meeting today. I am hoping that I can get motivated to hit the next one.

Hopefully he knows what he is talking about. My first fill gave me no restriction at all and to be honest I have yet to see how this one is working. I am longing for the sweet spot. How often are the support meetings on the base I did have a flyer on it don't know where it is now.

the meetings are every second wednesday of the month at 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm in the hospital cafeteria. I like Dr. Dock but I haven't known him long. I work out at the Beavercreek YMCA. I am just getting started there, I do mostly Water workouts. The whirlpool is nice too! I am due for my first fill on Dec. 1st. I had to postpone it from earlier this month due to my father having a heart attack and triple bypass surgery. He is home now and is doing well so I will try to get back into a routine.

Hazeleyes, I saw in one of your other posts that you take Biotin. How much do you take and is it working for you? My hair is getting thinner and thought I would start taking it before it gets any worse.

Kim

Hazeleyes, I saw in one of your other posts that you take Biotin. How much do you take and is it working for you? My hair is getting thinner and thought I would start taking it before it gets any worse.

Kim

Hi Kim Yes I do take Biotin I've been on it for about 3mths and it has worked wonders for when my hair was thinning on top was my weak spot. I take the super biotin 5000 mg and I bought it at the Vitamin store in the Fairfield Commons mall. I was losing my mind when I was losing my hair:frown: I even went as far as using the shampoo& conditioner. I was in a desperate state.

Kim it's me again, I just wanted to say that I hope you have a enjoyable journey with Dr. Dock he has been a blessing in my life. Let me tell you the process on getting your first fill. The procedure is painless and quick and afterwords there's those 2days on liquids, 2days soft foods and then 0n the 5th day you start to reintroduce regular foods. I started eating light food today and I must say the last time I ate today was 1:00 and its now 9:30 and i am not hungry at all yeah!!! I have noticed sometimes my band is tight in the morning and at night after I work out. I work out in Huber Hts Ladies Premeire Fitness Gym I am addicted to Zumba hip hop I do weight training and walking. I was hoping to be further along than I am now but I feel I am playing fill catch up since Dr. Dock was in Iraq and from Jun-Aug I couldn't get a fill because Dr. Goldblatt was so overbooked. So I am taking each day in stride and I am trying to keep positive hopefully by my next appt on 18 Dec which is my one year anniversary to the day I would have dropped more pounds.

I got the 5000mcg also, paid 10.50 at walgreens. Where do you work? Is your hubby still military or are you?

Hello fellow Ohioans!! I am from the Toledo area... have you seen anyone from northwest Ohio on here??? It would be nice to form a small group from up here too.

Nice to meet you!

quote=Tess415;1063566]Hello fellow Ohioans!! I am from the Toledo area... have you seen anyone from northwest Ohio on here??? It would be nice to form a small group from up here too.

Nice to meet you!

Hi Tess415 I am not sure of others from your area hopefully there is someone. Good luck with the group nice to meet you as well keep in touch:redface: