Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your latest updates!

i've pretty much been below goal weight since reaching it. i guess you could say i fluctuate, but it happens below goal.

i stabilized in the 110-115 lbs range for about a year or two once into maintenance. but the past couple years i mostly live in the 115-120 range. though the past couple months i've ventured above 120 more often than i would like so im keeping an eye on it! (i still weigh myself every day)

I’m 4 weeks post op VSG (3/13/23). Have lost 20lbs, just dropped into the 180’s for the first time in 7 years. My abdominal wall healing has taken longer than expected, so I haven’t been able to move as much as I’d like. Goal is to reach 170 by the time I visit my parents in late June.

I’m learning just how finicky my body really is. Makes me feel less crazy about all the years of trying to lose and keep weight off….Not enough Protein? STALL. Not enough Fluid? STALL. Injured? STALL. Drink stuff with fake sweetener? You guess it…STALL! Lol 😂

ah well, I love this body anyway. Keeps things interesting if not downright insane and who wants to be normal anyway? 😛

25 minutes ago, qtdoll said:

I officially weigh in the 130's!! 🎊🎉

Congrats! Have you reached your goal yet?

1 hour ago, omrhsn said:

Congrats! Have you reached your goal yet?

I'm 4lbs away from hitting my goal of 135! Maybe I'll make a new goal after that too? Who knows. The sky is the limit right now 😊

1 hour ago, syoung4347 said:

I am 8 weeks post op from sleeve and down 52 lbs! Feeling great! A long way to go still but very pleased.

Those numbers are incredible! Congrats!

On 4/6/2023 at 4:01 AM, Vicky Sue said:

Today is 6 months post op and I am down 115lbs. I'm so happy I made this decision and even though my mom had a stroke Feb 28th and I spent almost a month in the hospital with her, I had my protien drinks and ate just small amounts of whatever best choice I could make. Only lost 5lbs that month, but back to my normal routine.

Sometimes life throws crap at us & we can only make the best choices we can at that time within the limits we are trapped in. Congratulations on having the right attitude to mange the situation & continue moving forward when life settles again. Hope your mum is doing better. (Why do hospitals have the most unhealthy food choices?)

Like @ms.sss, I’m a bit further along at almost 4 years (3yrs 11 months exactly today). I exceeded my goal & have pretty much maintained since. For a year I fluctuated between 48.5-49.5kg. Then I gained and fluctuated between 50.5-50.9kg. We discovered my HRT wasn’t being absorbed after my gall was removed so went on a patch & I lost a lot of that small gain without changing anything I was doing. I now fluctuate between 49.5-50kg (109/110lbs). Still careful with what I eat but I made changes to how I eat that are sustainable. But not so inflexible that I won’t have the odd treat or can’t work around a situation/circumstance. Never feel I’m missing out. Still watch portions, keep track of Protein & keep my fluids up. And no I don’t really exercise. Some stretches & resistance bands four times a day (exercise snacking) for a total of about 25 minutes. I do it mainly for my back & for a little toning & flexibility.

Congratulations everyone on your progress so far & your successes.

Sleeved 01/06/2023 and as of today I'm 200 lbs even. I'm supppppper close to ONEderland! I eat between 800-1200 calories a day (usually about 1000 calories a day). I attend aqua aerobics 1x a week and try to walk at least 5 days a week. With a desk job, I have to make a conscious effort to move because I sit so much. Overall I feel great, I still deal with fatigue but I'm anemic so that's to be expected... and still less tired then I was pre-surgery. My post-op bloodwork all came back great (with the exception of my Iron which has always been an issue). Type-2 diabetes in remission.

5'5

SW 265 LBS, CW 200 LBS, GW 150 LBS

Edited by xoxoMeli

Sleeved Dec 05/22 323lbs pre surgery and now 195lbs and still losing hoping to hit goal of 178 by end of may and switch to maintenance. Currently attend aqua fitness 2/3 days a week and walk 6-10km daily. I have never felt so good at any other time in my life, best decision I’ve ever made.

On 4/14/2023 at 2:16 AM, losinglosinglosing said:

Pictures speak for themselves ❤️

33DFD82A-DE36-4E7A-AFC9-5F7733D29C53-COLLAGE.jpeg

Indeed. Looking good man!

Hi, I am 5 wks RNY post op. Let me start by saying I started this journey in 2009 getting a gastric band. My start weight was 275lbs, I’m 5’3. In 2014 I had a revision to a gastric sleeve because of esophageal distress. I had a hard time getting below 200LBS with both of this procedures. Once I was below 200 I hovered over 185-195. In 2019 I lost more weight and was down to 157lbs. My original goal weight was 175, hoping for 150lbs. In the fall on 2018 I stopped working due to heath issues and I didn’t apply for disability until the spring of 2019. As a result of this dramatic change I became depressed and shut in. Then the pandemic happened , I became more depressed, my weight just went through the roof. Although I still didn’t eat a lot I ate unhealthy. Durning this time you could get anything delivered to your door, I got up to 235lbs. I also began to have severe reflux. I went to see a GI doctor who ran tests and found that my reflux was very severe and my hiatal hernia was back and bigger. I had it fixed with the band surgery in 2009. Gi recommendation was to have a revision to a RNY. I had to go through the process all over again, nutrition, psychology and pre op diet. On March 7th 2023 I had my revision surgery. The surgery went well , it was a little longer due to difficulty repairing my hiatal hernia. Post op I had urine retention, I had to go home with a Foley catheter. That lasted for 3 weeks. So my last start weight was 235lbs, SW 219; now 207lbs. I am not losing any more weight for about two weeks. I am in the mushy/soft stage. I had a hard time at first getting enough fluids in and getting my Protein goals. Protein was a challenge during the next stages because I couldn’t eat or drink a lot. The last week or so I had some foods not go down well, had some vomiting. Also had a problem with either dehydration or hypoglycemia in the morning if I don’t eat or drink something early; can’t wait to 10 or 11am which I am used to. Not a great feeling. Either I am not eating enough protein/food or I need to add exercise to my journey, I did join a gym. I know my weight loss will be slower than most people due to revision but I think I am in that can’t get below 200 funk. I still want to be healthy at 170lbs. The journey continues!!

I’m 2 1/2 years out from Bypass. Highest 227, lowest 138 and I settled at 142-144. I just had a recent weight gain for the first time and saw 153. Went back to surgeon, scheduled a nutrition appointment and trying phentremine for the first time. Back at 151 and this is part of expected maintenance. I can eat/drink just about everything except for bread, only in small amounts. Working on bringing some numbers back down and I know I have all the tools to do it.