Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your latest updates!

Share your latest update!

How much have you lost so far? How far along are you? What food stage are you at? What new foods have you tried? Share anything you'd like!

Edited by qtdoll

Mine: I'm 6lbs away from hitting my next goal weight of 135lbs! I may aim for 125lbs after that.

Hi there!

I am 4 weeks post op from my VSG.

I started at 195, lost 12 lbs pre surgery, and 15.4 lbs since surgery. So down 27.4 lbs total. I am now at 167.4. I am hoping to lose 10 lbs in the month of April, to get me to 158 by end of the month.

I’m am just coming out of soft foods phases, and am taking it very slow— still very focused on getting fluids in. I have been drinking two Protein Shakes a day with several VERY small “meals” a day- but am starting to think through how i can up my Protein with real food and drop to one shake a day.

No real hunger driving me, just trying to get the basics down before branching out too much on the food.

I am 7.5 months out from surgery, I have been stuck at 97 lbs lost for the last 2 months... I am so close to 100, but my scale isn't moving... 😭

I can't wait to hi that number.

I'm 4 months post op, 70lbs down since preop diet. I can eat anything I have tried, with carbs hitting heavier. I dislike the taste of beer and have no interest in alcohol.

Last month I started exercising and I'm hungrier so trying to figure out how to add a snack even though I should be doing 3 meals until goal. Hoping to loose 15-20lbs before my 6 months since I'm expecting the rate of loss to slow down by then.

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

36 minutes ago, NP_WIP said:

I'm 4 months post op, 70lbs down since preop diet. I can eat anything I have tried, with carbs hitting heavier. I dislike the taste of beer and have no interest in alcohol.

Last month I started exercising and I'm hungrier so trying to figure out how to add a snack even though I should be doing 3 meals until goal. Hoping to loose 15-20lbs before my 6 months since I'm expecting the rate of loss to slow down by then.

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

We had the same Doctor! Glad to see you doing so well!

April 6th will be exactly 3 months post op (sleeved 01/06/23). I'm down 60.6 lbs. Overall, I feel great. No food restrictions and can tolerate everything I eat. 1000 calories a day with a minimum of 80 grams of Protein.

Edited by xoxoMeli

9 hours ago, SuziDavis said:

I am 7.5 months out from surgery, I have been stuck at 97 lbs lost for the last 2 months... I am so close to 100, but my scale isn't moving... 😭

I'm rooting for you so hard! Hitting 100 is gonna feel amazing!

I'm one year and 2 months out from MGB. I had my surgery in Egypt (self paid) end of January 2022. Starting weight 149 kg, current weight 78.8 kg (this morning). This forum has been a huge help for me since I did the surgery without any proper research which is not something that I'd usually do but I was really frustrated and fed up with trying to lose weight and not getting any lasting results.

I'm not currently following any specific diet and I eat whatever I want (in very small quantities) - please don't tell my doctor haha. I eat my Protein first, followed by vegetables and salad and then carbs if I'm still not full. I take 1/2 teaspoon of sugar with my morning coffee. Of course, I had to follow the program that was given to me after the surgery.

I had a long stall for the past 3 months or so but luckily I'm losing again since I started fasting (the fasting month started 14 days ago). My current target is 70 kg (I'm 170 cm tall) and I can't wait to lose the last 9 kgs.

I got a mountain bike when I was 120 kg and have been riding it around my house which helped with the weight loss. The longest distance for me was 8 km. It has been raining almost every night here and I've not been able to use the bike for almost 3 months or so.Hopefully the weather will improve soon. I'm working in a remote town and there is a small gym here. I'm to check it out next month.

Here is a photo of me around 2013 that I found while organizing my laptop folders vs me this morning. Needless to say, life is getting better and better overall and I can't wait to try all the things that I've not been able to do because of my weight.

IMG_9135.thumb.JPG.b6f7b69c3d35f2129a54800e7e57343d.JPG

23 hours ago, SuziDavis said:

You will do it! Stalls are so frustrating.

I am a little over 3 months post-op. I have lost close to 60 pounds now. I would like to lose another 20 pounds, and am on track to do that. I sometimes worry that I will lose too much but I know I'm just being ridiculous. 😂

I feel good even though I am still having issues meeting Protein and fluid goals. I think I am going to go back to having protein Soups for lunch to help with that. I've been trying to up my calories but having a hard time going much over 600-700 a day. I have tried all kinds of meat and veggies at this point and have only had issues with some chicken thighs one time, when I ate too much, too fast and got the foamies.

All of my rings, shoes, and clothes are too big. It is expensive to lose weight.

Today, I had someone not recognize me, which was wild.

Edited by Lisa XO

Today is 6 months post op and I am down 115lbs. I'm so happy I made this decision and even though my mom had a stroke Feb 28th and I spent almost a month in the hospital with her, I had my protien drinks and ate just small amounts of whatever best choice I could make. Only lost 5lbs that month, but back to my normal routine.

Down to 140! So excited to be in the 130's soon

old-ish timer here.

not sure if my info fits the vibe here, but here it is anyway:

4.5 yrs post and am 114 lbs lighter today than i was when i started.

i eat all foods like a "normal" person, but at much smaller quantities per sitting.

9 hours ago, ms.sss said:

old-ish timer here.

not sure if my info fits the vibe here, but here it is anyway:

4.5 yrs post and am 114 lbs lighter today than i was when i started.

i eat all foods like a "normal" person, but at much smaller quantities per sitting.

Well done and good job keeping the weight in check. It is always good to hear from old-timers. I noticed you are below you goal weight. Was it always this way or does your weight fluctuate up and down?