Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Is The Connecticut Band Fam

:confused_smile:Just a quick uppdate to let everyone know that I made it though the surgery. They found a hernia that they repaired and I am having some trouble deep breathing. I hope it is only due to the gas pain not a blood clor or pneumonia. I did not take too much pain meds today as it make me so woozy but wow do I regret it now. I will take it or at least liquid Tylenol during the day on a regular schedule and do lots more walking. I do have some port site pain but it is minor compared to this chest heaviness or gas. I am only one day out of surgery and trying not to get worked up and worried so I hope in another day or so I can report I am doing much better.

Thanks for everyone's well wishes and I will report back in soon.

You just need to keep deep breathing no matter how hard it is. Clots normally don't come about this quickly. Move Move Move....there is alot of gas. Each day is better.

Keep us posted and hang in there....:crying:

:confused_smile:Just a quick uppdate to let everyone know that I made it though the surgery. They found a hernia that they repaired and I am having some trouble deep breathing. I hope it is only due to the gas pain not a blood clor or pneumonia. I did not take too much pain meds today as it make me so woozy but wow do I regret it now. I will take it or at least liquid Tylenol during the day on a regular schedule and do lots more walking. I do have some port site pain but it is minor compared to this chest heaviness or gas. I am only one day out of surgery and trying not to get worked up and worried so I hope in another day or so I can report I am doing much better.

Thanks for everyone's well wishes and I will report back in soon.

TODAY IS THREE DAYS OUT, RIGHT? HOW ARE YOU FEELING? MY PORT STILL OCCASIONALLY IS SORE. JUST TAKE IT SLOW AND REST. WALK WHEN YOU DON'T FEEL DISCOMFORT. BELIEVE US, YOU WILL START TO FEEL NORMAL AGAIN. HANG IN THERE!!!!

DEE

TODAY IS THREE DAYS OUT, RIGHT? HOW ARE YOU FEELING? MY PORT STILL OCCASIONALLY IS SORE. JUST TAKE IT SLOW AND REST. WALK WHEN YOU DON'T FEEL DISCOMFORT. BELIEVE US, YOU WILL START TO FEEL NORMAL AGAIN. HANG IN THERE!!!!

DEE

Hi everyone,

I believe you!!! I do feel better and almost normal again! I have very little pain in the incisions and very little gas pain. Though my biggest incision is more sore than the others and starting to itch. I am only taking liquid Tylenol at bedtime to provide comfort so I can sleep. I went out Friday and also became tired easily but consider it strength building for when I go back to work on Tuesday. I am walking about 15 min a day for now but am losing weight so fast it is scary. From my Optifast pre-op diet until now I have lost about 20 pounds. I weigh daily but it fluctuates often so I only log on Thursdays. I wasn't starving hungry but developed a wicked case of the "runs" and called the doctor so they advanced me to Stage 2 liquids on Thursday for more nutrients. I go for my post op visit on this coming Thursday and I am hoping to be advanced to Stage 3 "mushies". YAY!!! Continue to feel better and let's keep in touch!!!

Hey Ctcutie: Glad to hear from you!! It's less than a week out from your surgery and you are doing great!!! I know that the first few days are not easy and I have planned for 3 solid days of resting, occasional walking, breathing, sipping and that's it!!!!

Wow!! 20lbs is a LOT!!! You must feel good though. My doc doesn't require a pre-op diet, but post op is VERY stringent..... Only 1 slimfast per day for 14 days!!!!!

I'm getting close and I am still not nervous!! I am soooo ready for this!!

I'll keep you all posted on my progress.....

Bandfan1,

Good luck tomorrow on your surgery! Let me know how you are doing once you feel up to it. Plan to rest for the first day and 2nd day but be ready to walk at least 15 min twice a day to get rid of gas. Don't forget to breathe deeply as often as you remember it hurts like all heck but I found it to help push the gas out of my chest and downward. Lastly, don't ignore the pain medicine like i did...it does have a purpose. Take care and God Bless!!

Thanks CTCutie!! the surgery was a snap!! I have had other abdominal surgeries, this one so far has been the easiest.

I can't wait to start posting my victories!!!!

hello all connecticut banders!!! Well I had my second fill yesterday. It had only been two weeks since my first fill but I was able to eat far too much. Made the right choices but still consumed too much food. I had 2cc put in the first time but they said often with the first one it isn't the full amt that is in there because of bubbles and air. So he was able to see that I only had 1.5 cc and added another two cc's. I feel restricted and hope it lasts. I did lose 1.5 lbs in two weeks but feel like it should be more. I go to the gym every day and have a trainer 3x/week. So ya think I should be down 50lbs already!!!! noooooooooooooo..... I hate the scales!!!! I've decided to stay away from them except for once a week. I'm having my husband hide them. I'm becoming obsessive about it and its driving me crazy!!! So I have another appt in 4 weeks but he said if I don't feel good restriction come back in a few weeks. He was so kind and understanding. My doctor has a new APRN working with him who has had the band surgery. So he understands!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I just want to lost this fat!!! I'm sick sick sick of it.....

Great...Now I feel better

Sharon:)

Sharon: You are losing more than 2 lbs. per week. If you are sticking to the program, you WILL succeed!!! Slow and steady wins the race!!!!:frown:

Sharon: You are losing more than 2 lbs. per week. If you are sticking to the program, you WILL succeed!!! Slow and steady wins the race!!!!:)

Thanks I didn't look at it that way!!! sometimes I think we should lose at the rate we feel we are "suffering" hahahahaha......I am restricted bettr but still feel like I could eat more. trying to decrease quantity.....I can't believe how many times my mouth opens for food without even thinking!!! Still struggling with waiting that golden hour after eating. That should help. I can't wait unti this time next year!!!:thumbup:

Where is everyone from CT? I was banded on May 1st. I know that there are lots of people getting banded in CT.... Are you there????

How is everyone doing??

I was banded on 2/11 by Dr. Nadzam. I am losing....ever so slowly but still losing. While I was slightly frustrated, I realized that without this surgery, I would have never lost the weight. My blood work is better and I don't need glucophage anymore. AND, I have maintained what I lost....Guess it is more good news than bad!!!!

Dr. Floch,

I first met you in your Bariatrics Seminar on 4/2 at the Norwalk Hospital. You impressed me early on. You were so patient in answering all my questions. Your professionalism and die hard truthfulness and conviction to your craft is a godsend. Thanks so much for everything you have done for me. My gallbladder removal was such a success who knew I had 20-30 stones and one as large as 3cm, WoW!!!Fast forward to 12 days later, 6/3. My day to receive my lapband. Recovery was amazing your PA's were terrific. Ms. Feldman was quite knowledgeable and everyone that surrounds you is truly special. Thank you so much for saving my life!

Love MarLinda- "Your Cali Girl":wink_smile:

Hi--I was banded on 1/15 by Dr. Craig Floch (who also removed my gallbladder before) and I second everything MarLinda said. What a great staff and a compassionate, skilled surgeon. I think I may finally have good restriction after last week's fill. Up til now, I've been able to eat way too much and it's been willpower that's kept me losing. I hope to lose 100 lbs. by October. My port flipped, and I had a month-long plateau until surgery to fix it on 5/20---couldn't get a fill. I really feel the restriction now.

I was banded on 6/3 by Dr. Floch. My experience was surreal.My hospital stay was amazing. How could anything be wrong with those Morphine injections!! I ate all my food ( liquids, Jello, chicken broth) walked the hallways until a nurse suggested that I rest because I just had surgery.

My third day was the I experienced my first hardship. Extreme soreness, stayed in the bed most of the day. I left the house today at 1:30 went for my weekly mani/pedi and enjoyed " Sex in the City". Hooked up with my Mom, went on a few errands and came back about 10:30. I was able to bridge the Vicadin with Tylenol. Had no choice but to pulverize the capsules using my molars. I told myself this was necessary to deal with the pain. Let me telll you, it was well worth it.The Tylenol worked like a charm. I really need to check to see if it comes in liquid form, that will truly help my cause. I am attending a wedding tomorrow. I received approval to advance to Stage 2,yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have never been so happy to drink full liquids. Really looking forward to the Protein Shakes, Soups from Trader Joe's. I'll just eat before I go and sip on hot Water during the reception. Yes, I see any liquid, it's mine. :tongue2: