Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Is The Connecticut Band Fam

I have heard good things about the Fairfield/Norwalk group (i.e. Dr. Floch). However, if you are one like me whose insurance they don't accept, I highly recommend Dr. Kurt Roberts in New Haven. All of the great things that are said about Dr's Floch hold true for this group too. Their staff is exceptional and you will NEVER get an answering machine when you call them. They answer every phone call and do not rush you through it. Also they are also a "Center of Excellence" group. Their office is right off the highway and easy to get to. My experience at Yale New Haven Hospital was also exceptional!!

My entire experience with this group has been phenomenal!!!!

Going into day 6 still holding up. Day 3 was the hardest in terms of soreness. I haven't been hungry since I was banded on 6/3. I have restriction and my band hasn't even been filled. I wish I did this years ago. Sorry your insurance doesn't cover it. I have Oxford Freedom plan. Oh well, you need to do what's best for you. I hope everything works out. Good Luck!!

Hi all CT Banders!

Thank you CTMan for starting this thread :rolleyes2:!

I attended the information seminar and I have made the definite decision to do the lap band procedure. I am having it done thru the Fairfield Bariatric Group.

(I have a blog if you would like details about me so I don't make too long of a post.)

MarLinda, if you don't mind sharing your experience from your first consultation date (which I have on July 3rd) with the surgeon and what you had to do prior to surgery and how long it took before your surgery date?

I have the Oxford Freedom plan too and I know not everyone is the same but I was curious what you had to do during your process and was it hard to get approved?

I hope everyone is well and I am happy there are some "neighbors" to me and appreciate any support you can give.

I am a little nervous but I am really excited too :biggrin2:!

Thank you for any answers or advice you can give, I will be soooo looking forward to getting to know everyone in CT who are having the LB procedure or GBP.

Katie

Hi all CT Banders!

Thank you CTMan for starting this thread :smile2:!

I attended the information seminar and I have made the definite decision to do the lap band procedure. I am having it done thru the Fairfield Bariatric Group.

(I have a blog if you would like details about me so I don't make too long of a post.)

MarLinda, if you don't mind sharing your experience from your first consultation date (which I have on July 3rd) with the surgeon and what you had to do prior to surgery and how long it took before your surgery date?

I have the Oxford Freedom plan too and I know not everyone is the same but I was curious what you had to do during your process and was it hard to get approved?

I hope everyone is well and I am happy there are some "neighbors" to me and appreciate any support you can give.

I am a little nervous but I am really excited too :biggrin2:!

Thank you for any answers or advice you can give, I will be soooo looking forward to getting to know everyone in CT who are having the LB procedure or GBP.

Katie

congratulations on your decision, you won't regret it. It IS a process that I am just starting to understand. I've had 4 fills and do have some restriction. weight loss is slow but I truly am managing food much differently than before. Its not a "quick fix" it helps you make the right food choices. Good luck and we look forward to seeing your progress.:frown::star::hurray::smile::mad:

Hi everyone,

It has been a long time since I posted but I do check in often. I am doing well..losing slowly so I decided to increase my exercise to help the cause. I have had three fills since being banded on 4/22 and can honestly say I feel very good.

My biggest problem is that I am still getting hungry sooner than every 4 hours and worry I am over eating or even worse "eating around the band". I can still eat everything I did prior to surgery just slower ans in some cases less of it. I know that this is what has been hindering my weight loss. For the most part, I do make much better choices as to what I eat but..sometimes I don't. Does anyone else feel this way or had the same problem?

I go back for my 4th fill after the 4th of July. I am looking forward to it and hoping, anticipating, that I can lose another 3 or 4 pounds prior to it. Wish me luck!!!

Hope everyone is well with my CT Lap Band Family!! Take care and we will talk soon!!!

Hi Ctcutie: glad to hear from you. this thread is moving very slowly! Anyway, I have been filled once and am going for my 2nd fill on Monday. I feel the same way as you. I feel that 85% of my success is due to my own willpower and determination and only 15% is due to the band. I'm hoping that my 2nd fill changes everything!! I feel like I can eat anything. the only thing that gets "stuck" is deli meat...don't understand it, but it's true!!!

I plan to voice my frustration to my doc on Monday when I get my next fill. I mostly want to know if this is normal. I have been at a plateau for 3 weeks now!!!!!

All the best to you!!!

By the way, you live right up the road from me!! I am near Sacred Heart University in BPT!!!!!

Weight loss is also slow for me- I have lost 26lb total- and have had 2 fills. Don't feel much, just a little bit of restriction. I still feel like I can eat pretty much anything. I'm having a hard time with mornings- and eating the right foods.

Weight loss is also slow for me- I have lost 26lb total- and have had 2 fills. Don't feel much, just a little bit of restriction. I still feel like I can eat pretty much anything. I'm having a hard time with mornings- and eating the right foods.

Sammey try to get back to your physician for another fill. I've been lucky to have a physician who listens to your needs and will fill you up to every two weeks, which is what I did at first. Although I've been slow, I calculated that I've lost 8 lbs a month...which is fine with me. At that rate I'll have the 100 lbs off which is my goal in one year. Hang in there I know how discouraging it is....but you need to be your own advocate with this...and hopefully ou have a great physician group. good luck to you.

sharon;)

Hi Ctcutie: glad to hear from you. this thread is moving very slowly! Anyway, I have been filled once and am going for my 2nd fill on Monday. I feel the same way as you. I feel that 85% of my success is due to my own willpower and determination and only 15% is due to the band. I'm hoping that my 2nd fill changes everything!! I feel like I can eat anything. the only thing that gets "stuck" is deli meat...don't understand it, but it's true!!!

I plan to voice my frustration to my doc on Monday when I get my next fill. I mostly want to know if this is normal. I have been at a plateau for 3 weeks now!!!!!

All the best to you!!!

By the way, you live right up the road from me!! I am near Sacred Heart University in BPT!!!!!

Hey neighbor,

I am right off Old Town Road so we are real close. I have heard others have problem with deli meats but me NOTHING! Since my last fill I do feel some restriction but not a full feeling. When I eat I think I eat too fast and therefore get this burning feeling in my chest and the hiccups. I am slowing down and chewing better. The small things I forget. Thanks for the encouragement and perhaps one day we can meet in the park and maybe walk or something. Take care....

I went for my 2nd fill yesterday. I am definitely feeling restriction now!! I only lost 3 lbs last month, so I am hoping for much better results since my fill yesterday!!

CT Cutie; yes we are close!!!...Only about 2 miles away from each other!!

I went for my 2nd fill yesterday. I am definitely feeling restriction now!! I only lost 3 lbs last month, so I am hoping for much better results since my fill yesterday!!

CT Cutie; yes we are close!!!...Only about 2 miles away from each other!!

just remember you are very tight for about 3 days afterwards, it loosens after that

that's funny because I read several posts from people who said that they felt more restriction after 3 day.....we'll see!!

Hey CTband FAM,

I havent been here in about 5 months. How is everybody doing? I wa not very focused over the summer.

I have had 3 fills and am at about 5.5cc in the band. I do have some restriction. I think Im ging t go up tp 6.0 cc very soon though. I am currently 265lbs. and would like to reach my goal by March2009 . 65lbs. more lbs to go!!!

The 1st meal of the day is the hardest. I have to chew chew chew. :)

Gas continues to be an issue but I am learning how to adjust to it more and more.

:frown: Today not too much wanted to stay down but tomrrow will be better.

Hang in there everybody, we can do this.

YES WE CAN :thumbup:

Peace, CTman = Chris

I haven't posted in monthes--caught up in family drama, which I blame for my current "psychological eating". I'm just not feeling that motivation like I did in the beginning---going tomorrow for a fill and a dreaded weigh-in--I've lost, but not nearly as much as I should have. And already beginning to feel that old holiday stress. :thumbup:

To add to a comment that someone made, Fairfield Bariatrics is the BEST!!!!!!! And St. V's is a wonderful hospital--3 surgeries there and no complaints.

Now, I'm happy with my results so far, but want to have the gung ho attitude I did in the beginning--I'm taking the easy way out, and eating slider foods that are not the best choices.

On a POSITIVE note--yesterday was my 4 year anniversary of survival from ovarian and peritoneal cancer, stage 3!!!!!!:thumbup:

To anyone considering this surgery--go for it--it really is life-changing in the best way.

Carol

Hey Debbie in Stratford, how are you doing?

Poodle.. congrats on your anniversary!!! May your anniversary's be many!!!

Is there anyone in here that is near norwich?? I live in Gales Ferry and would love a band buddy..lol..