Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Is The Connecticut Band Fam

welcome to our group!!! I've experienced alot of nausea yesterday and today. I made the mistkae of taking a tylenol and breaking it in half and taking it....I think its just sitting there.....yuk....no vomiting just nausea....called MD today and he has me taking tums to see if is relieved...Hope I didn't do any damage.....not hungry at all...

sharon;)_

Hi, everyone! This is so cool. Has anyone else had surgery through Dr. Barba? I live in East Windsor which is only about 10 miles from Bradley. I work at Starbucks in Enfield, CT. I am having a really tough day because I started mushy's yesterday and my scale hasn't moved in 3 days. From another thread I can see others are having the same issue. My food intake cut in 1/2 or more. I making such better choices. I went from a bagel and cream cheese for Breakfast to 1% cottage cheese and fruit (smashed of course). I am walking which I never did. It seems so odd that my scale stopped moving. I am going to hang in there and hope inches start coming off. Thanks for all the great CT responses!!!

Hi Dee:

How's everything going with you? Were you starving by the time you went for your 2 week post-op visit? My doctor warned me that there will be about 4 days before I see him when I will be really hungry!!! :tongue:

Your "fill" is the same date as my surgery!!

Let us know how you are doing!! I love to hear everyone's story!!!:thumbup:

yes, I was starting to get hungry before I started mushy's. I started having a pureed Soup once a day around day 10 and that helped. I am not too hungry now on mushys but I have a feeling that will change. Where do you live. If you are close, let me know if you need anything at surgery time. I will be adjusting to my new fill. I can't wait! Good luck with your surgery.

Starbux: It's normal to gain a few pounds or have the scale stall once you start mushies.

food in our system holds Water weight, that's why we lose so fast on liquid diets. Eventually it all evens out and you'll start to lose again.

P.S. Keep your Protein levels up and the inches will come off.

sharona: Ouch, hope you're better soon.

Medifast Official Site | Quick, Easy Clinically Proven Weight Loss

And there is a bunch of opti fast auctions on ebay. They seem high. I would ask your pharmacy or Dr. first. I love having the protien Soups and shakes for emergency use. For example, I went to work today and ended up getting stuck there longer then expected. I was starting to get very week and hungry. I had a shake with me and I had 1/2. It revived me and kept me going until a few minutes ago.

Dee

Medifast Official Site | Quick, Easy Clinically Proven Weight Loss

And there is a bunch of opti fast auctions on ebay. They seem high. I would ask your pharmacy or Dr. first. I love having the protien Soups and shakes for emergency use. For example, I went to work today and ended up getting stuck there longer then expected. I was starting to get very week and hungry. I had a shake with me and I had 1/2. It revived me and kept me going until a few minutes ago.

Dee

Sorry ignore the last post. It was in response to a post on another thread from the UK. Dee

Good morning, everyone!

Well, I called my insurance company (Empire BCBS) on Monday and was told that preauthorization isn't required for WLS as long as I meet the requirements. I called my surgeon's office and informed them of this, and I was then told that my insurance DOES require preauthorization.

My last appointments with the therapist & the nutritionist were March 29th. I have been waiting since then for a phone call from the surgeon's office, hoping like heck that they tell me I am approved.

My BMI is a 50 and I have sleep apnea. I can't for the life of me imagine that I won't get approved. The waiting, though, is hard.

Let's hope today's the day. I am SOOOOOOOO ready to do this!

-Theresa

The office does need confirmation fromt he insurance company. I have BC/BS also through state of ct as my spouse is retired. I was approved in a few days. Good luck....don't worry its sooner than you think

sharon;)

Dee:

I live in Bridgeport, but my surgery is in New Haven (insurance).....

I would imagine that going 2 weeks with the equivalent of only 1 slimfast per day would make your body go into starvation mode somewhat. That is probably why you are not seeing dramatic weight loss. Your body has to get used to the new intake of food and make adjustments accordingly. I KNOW that my body will be fighting like heck for some food, but I am going to follow doctor's orders!!! I am quite sure that I will get very impatient when I hit a plateau....that is the reason I am overweight to begin with.....always looking for instant gratification.

It's time to start learning new habits!!!!

My surgeon gave me the ok to use Herbalife instead of slimfast. It is soooo much tastier and more satisfying!!! Herbalife also sells Protein products. I know that Sharon was looking for more protein...check out their website!! I know a distributor if you want to order......

Keep us updated!!

I too thought there is no way I would ever get approved. I am young and healthy. I only have sleep apnea. And then I received the call. It was so fast! I was even approved for Gastric Bypass, but chose lapband. Good luck and don't fret!

Dee

:frown:Hi everyone,

I started my pre op liquid diet on Sunday and by today (Wed.) I messed it totally up. I was hungry and gave in. i had a scone and a salad. I intend to get right back on track tomorrow but only had 1 Optifast shake all day. I can tell the difference..I feel sluggish and my tummy is protruding more like its bloated. I can't believe I failed so soon. I feel miserable about it and feel I am the only one who has failed. Can anyone offer me any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else or am I just a LOSER??? :crying::thumbup:

My understanding of the pre-op diet is to shrink the liver,to make the surgery easier for the Dr and YOU. I didn't have to do liquids, but had a low calorie, low carb diet to follow.

I would not suggest that you don;t follow your Dr suggestions, but perhaps you could call them and discuss this.

I would think the scone was not the best choice and possible a fatty dressing on the salad. so I would think if they know you might "cheat" it would be better for you to cheat with low fat cottage cheese or a small serving of grilled chicken at dinner.< /p>

If we were good at dieting, we wouldn't need the band. But usually there are good reasons that Dr's have us follow certains procedures, so get back on track or call the nutritionist and discuss a strategy.

You'll also be way ahead in weight loss at the time of surgery by following the liquid diet. :thumbup: You'll be happy about that in a few weeks!

I would just get right back on track. I blew 2 days on my 2 week pre op liquid diet. Mine was over easter weekend. YIKES! I tried but while I was out shopping for Easter I wasn't even thinking and ordered a turkey wrap when my kids were having their lunch. I ate it in a rush and then did a woops. I felt like I blew it so I ate on Easter. I should have got right back on track but like shortgal said there is a reason we need the band. I also had some problems with bowel movement so I called my DR. He had me introduce some Fiber and lean meat if needed. NO FAT. Fat affects the liver and they need the liver to shrink. I was sure he would postpone the surgery but he didn't.

Just get back on program and you should be fine. Good luck.

No you are human like the rest of us. We all have slumps whether its pre op or post op. Just pick yourself up and move on....I lost 8 lbs post op and was told by the surgeon that my live looked great and thanked me for shrinking it down as it made surgery much easier on them. That's really what its all about working together. Hang in there its only just begun.

sharon;)