Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Is The Connecticut Band Fam

Happy Monday Everyone!

I have to remember to visit the CT local thread more often.

I had my 2nd visit with the nutritionist and the therapist on Saturday. I passed the psych eval and got the green light from the nutritionist. Next this is submittal to the insurance and I am concerned about how that'll work out. It's Empire BCBS. On April 23, I have to attend a class that the nutritionist & therapist give together on what to expect pre-op, at the time of surgery, and post-op. A surgery date isn't far off once I get the insurance approval. Woot!

My surgeon is Dr. Valin at St. Raphael's in New Haven. His office says he's done more of these surgeries than any other surgeon in the state, so I am very confident that things will be fine. I live in Waterbury, but decided it's worth the extra travel.

I guess that's my update for now!

Good luck everyone! :thumbup:

-Theresa

Hi Celticdreamer:

It seems like you are moving right along. Before you know it, you will have a surgery date. I was very motivated, so I made sure that things moved along quickly for me!!

Keep us posted on your progress!!

"Keep your eye on the prize":thumbup:

where's our ct man??? Haven't heard from him for a while. Hope all is well.

everyone is doing very well...exciting times....but I am struggling to get in 60 gms of Protein a day..without shakes...Just can't eat that much without having a lot of calories.....any suggestions?? I'm eating chicken salad (homemade) and egg salad (home made)

sharon:)

Sharona: If you are using mayo in the chicken and tuna salad you are using up calories for that. That's why I don't have tuna salad often.

Yogurt and skim milk have Protein and how about turkey meatloaf for a meal? I then eat leftover for lunch the next day for protein. Kashi go lean Cereal and Special K high protein cereal has some protein.

Many people use some kind of Beans for protein, if you like those.

yes I was thinking of making a turkey chili....I don't use mayo I use miracle whip fat free...and I put chopped nuts in the chicken with a tablespoon of cranberry sauce, garlic and onions. Tastes great. Haven't tried the tuna yet but I usually use onions, miracle whip (fat free) and a teaspoon of relish. I'm just not sure how much Protein is in it so I have to check. I also need to meet with the nutritionist again which I know will be helpful. My insurance pays for endless nutritionist appts so I am fortunate.

Thanks for the input, I'm also going to look at the food section for other ideas. It was easier to be just on the protein drinks.....

Hey Everybody,

I havent been here in a couple weeks. I hope everyone is progressing well. April 4th I reached my 1mo. post op and had my 1st fill. I had a slight restriction right after surgery and now a little more. I see Dr. Erhlich in 2 weeks and I'm going to request a second fill. My port sight had just stopped being sore but it has kicked up a lil sensativity getting a fill. I am currently stuck at 269.0 so Im increasing the Liquid Protein and exercise. Best wishes to all of you and keepin going, it's going to pay off in the end.

CTman

CT man, you're making great progress!! I'm right behind you with a band date of 5/1. My surgery is at Yale New-Haven hospital. I wanted the Ffld group since I live in Bpt, but they didn't accept my insurance. I go for a pre-op visit today. My surgeon does not require a pre-op diet, but I am doing it anyway with Herbalife..... Can't hurt, right???

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress!!! :purplebananna:

Sharon: Have you tried Greek yogurt? The grocery stores sell it, you just have to look for it. You can get the plain yogurt with 0 fat. It is LOADED with protein!!!

1 cup contains:

0g fat

6g sugar

6g carb

15g protein!!!!

You can add a little applesauce or other fruit or sugar free jelly to it and it tasted great!! It is the consistency of sour cream and will fill you up!!!!

Give it a try!!!

Hi all, just checking in. CTMAN, you're doing great. You must be eating regular food now and that helps. How was your fill? Do you know how much they put in?

I am going for a small fill today. Still can eat quantities that are too large. Don't want too big a fill because I'm going on vacation soon and don't want to be too tight, if I'm not near the DR.

SHARONA: Good for you using the fat free mayo, I still use the regular stuff but I don't use much, I prefer the tuna a little dry. I also use the lean cuisines often for lunch because it's so easy to track the calories. They do have too many carbs in them, tho.

Just keep plugging along people, one day we'll wake up and be at goal!

No, but thank you. I will look for it. My husband is retired and always does the shopping but now I have to go out not and get what I need. Bummer :purplebananna:......

Ct. Man...we missed you!!!! I think you have done incredible with your weight. I have my first fill on the 16th. I've just hit 18 lbs and hoping for the 20 by the time I go to him. Need to change my ticker....

We're all fabulous!!!

Thanks for the support....I'm starting to get growling during the day now....first time since surgery. I feel like I'm just plugging along slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly.......I've started walking every day for a 1/2 hour.n agaikn its not even a month since surgery and had pneumonia so I think I'm doing well considering.

your right it won't hurt you at all. I wish I was better preop than I was.....but can't cry over spilt milk!!! Your time will be here before you know it. What a great time of year to be losing weight. I just love this good weather. We always feel better with good weather.

sharon;)

Hi, I live in the Hartford area. I was banded on 3/25 by Dr. Barba. I have been very happy with my Dr. and his staff. I have my first fill with Dr. Barba on 5/1 and then fills will be done through his PA, Jason.

Just introducing myself.

DEE

Hi Dee:

How's everything going with you? Were you starving by the time you went for your 2 week post-op visit? My doctor warned me that there will be about 4 days before I see him when I will be really hungry!!! :drool:

Your "fill" is the same date as my surgery!!

Let us know how you are doing!! I love to hear everyone's story!!!:frown: