Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Is The Connecticut Band Fam

Osangriared,

My post-op (banded 2/11) only allows for 1/4 cup full low-fat liquids per meal.(I can have up to 6 a day.) Needless to say, I can't wait for my post-op visit on 2/27. Hopefully, I will get the okay to advance to the pureed stage. :( When was or is your surgery?

Beachcomber3:

I was banded on 1/23/08, I go on to stage 5 (full diet) on Wednesday. I'm scheduled for my first fill on 2/25.

Tina, I truly don't know how you are getting by with a 1/4 cup. I would have never been able to do that and I just don't understand it. If liquids go through the pouch what's the difference of the amount? I could see when you're on regular food that the amount would matter, but I just don;t understand the liquid part.

You're being VERY good, sticking to it. No wonder your weight loss is great. I'm sure you'll be happy moving to the next phase.

Osangriared, How are you feeling? Who did your surgery?

Shortgal, I called the dietican today to go over the diet and she confirmed it is a 1/4 cup per liquid meal up to 6 meals a day plus 30-45 noncaloric liquids in between. food really looks good to me!! :cursing:

Beachcomber3:

I'm feeling good, I've had no problems so far, I've just been stuck at my current weight since 2/3/08, I went up to 266 for one day last week...now I'm back at 262. The PA had me up my caloric intake to 700 since I'm back in the gym...I don't understand why my numbers are not going down.

Dr. Craig Floch did my surgery at Norwalk Hospital, I live down the block from St. Vincent, but I like Norwalk better.

Hi Sharona,

My banddate is Tues. March 4th at 10:15am. I started my Optifast diet yesterday. So far so good. I went out to the Chinese restaurant with my co - workers and had plain broth with a few pieces of scallion and was actually full. I'm going to sip on a shake when I get back to the office because I want to keep my Proteins up. I'm not going to weigh myself until 3/29. I'm walking everyday so I hope I lose at least 15lbs.

Beachcomber - Oh I pray I don't need the liquid Tylenol. I'm so glad u haven't had any serious pain.

Shortgal - How are you doing??? I hope all is going well for you.

Osangriared - Thanks for join us and good luck to you.

The Connecticut Crew Rocks !!!!

congratulations Ct Man.....that's not far at all...I start my preop diet next weekend. I was looking for something more convenient than the Optifast. Does it come in individual containers? I did optifast years ago and you had to have something to mixc it with. What did all the rest of you guys use? I can have yogurt and cottage cheese but I'm afraid I won't be able to control the quantity. Its amazing how good cottage cheese looks when your hungr.

I'll be thinking of you CT Man on the day of your surgery....are you staying overnight? I'll be out for 3 days and staying one night.

Yes Ct. rocks.....we should do a "lapband calendar" :rolleyes2:when we're all done.

:)

sharon:)

Sharona,

I'm still here and hanging in. Seems like I've hit a plateau and scale has stalled. I feel like I have no restriction, so good thing next fill appt is Tues!

Ct Man how are you doing on your preop diet? What are you doing? Thinking of you...I start at the end of the week. But I was thinking why would I have to wait to exactly 14 days before surgery.....could really start anytime....aren't we funny the way we think!!!

sharon;):thumbdown:

Hi Sharon,

To be honest I started the Preop Diet last Mon. This past wkend I cheated on Sat. & Sun riding back from NC. I'm back on track but I really have to be focused. 3/4 Tues. will be here before I know it. 2 days before surgery is Clear Liquids only. The Optifast is convenient because its in juice boxes now. There's no mixing. chocolate is my favorite but I have all three flavors. Thanks for your encouraging words and checkin up on me.

40 ish, 300.9lbs, 5'11", BMI = 41, (Optifast diet for 2wks. prior to surgery)

12/08/07 - Initial Seminar

12/18/07 - Therapist & Nutritionist Appts.

01/03/08 - Met w/ Dr. Ehrlich - Surgeon, Bloodwork, Gallbladder ultrasound

01/08/08 - Primary Care, EKG, more bloodwork

01/15/08 - Blasted the PC office so the Surgeon's billing dept. should have all of my paperwork.

02/14/08 - PreOp appointment & 2wks. of Optifast Diet

03/04/08 - I will be getting banded at St.Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport, CT.

A Speedy Recovery wishes to everyone !!!!

I'll be thinkin of you!!! I just got my c pap machine this week....God my dogs are scared to death of me....but I do feel better. Here's to a speedy recovery for all. We'll have to plan on getting together in the summer to Celebrate our success!!!

sharon:)