Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Is The Connecticut Band Fam

Sharon

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE ON YOU WAY!!!!! I have my pre op appt on Thurs. 2/14 also. They are going to give me a little quiz about the post op diet stages and I will begin my Optifast for 2wk. diet. We are on our way to thindom and healthy living. Hopefully we'll get banded around the same time. Best wishes to you.

Beachcomber,

You have been in my prayers, Happy Bandday to you, may you have a speedy recovery.

Shortgal,

I miss hearin from you, hope all is well.

Blessings, CTman

Hello everyone!

I got home from the hospital yesterday afternoon around 4:30. I was banded on Monday. I was told it went well, that my liver was small and pink and that I have the smallest band on. I had very little pain and didnot take any major pain killers. I did ask for tylenol for a headache. I am now on stage 3 which is low fat full liquids. After unsuccessfully trying to drink beef and then chicken broth (the smell was horrible) I was able to get in some strained cream of chicken Soup, some sf Jello and some diet snapple. They are right when they say your tastes change after surgery.

Glad to be home!!!!

Tina aka Beachcomber

Congratulations, Beachcomber! I'm very happy for you. I'm so tired of waiting. Tomorrow, I meet again with the dietician & on Friday, I have my psych eval. Then, I can schedule my "half-way" appt. & find out what tests I need. I've already got my ins. approval. I don't know why I still have to wait the full 6 months. May seems a long time away. Plus, I'm looking for work & am nervous about taking a new job & having to take time off for appts. & surgery. Sorry I'm running on so long, I'm just feeling down today & want to start taking this weight off.

Congratulations Tina! :biggrin:

so glad to hear all went well. I had a hard time with the broth in the beginning, it just didn't sit well for me. Try again next week, it could change.

Smallest band? What brand? I have the Inamed/Allergan 10 cc band. It also comes in 14cc, but I've heard of people having a different brand that is 4cc.

Stay warm and dry!

CTMAN: I'm still here and hanging in. Oh man, waiting for restriction is tough. I've had five fills and I'm still not tight. Next fill is a loooonnnng two weeks away. This is absolutely the hardest part of being banded, but I know it will get better (tighter) soon. I try to tell myself the patience will pay off later.

Good Luck with your "test" ( they ask a question about taking tylenol or aspirin after banding, so study up) and good luck with the pre-op diet.

I was lucky I didn't have to do that, but what a nice head start on losing the pounds it will be. Just keep that in mind when it starts to get to you. If you feel you must cheat on it, (I read so many posts on the forum about people that do) keep to low fat, low sugar food for your liver.

I've read that men are more likely to have a fatty liver so be careful on the pre-op diet.

MariIn,

If you have insurance approval why do you need to do the 6 mth program. Good luck to you! You will be fine. Who is your doctor?

Thanks for your good wishes.

Shortgal,

I am not sure what brand I have. I think he said is was 9.75? Not sure.

He said my liver was small and the surgery went fast. I'll get the details at my post op on the 27th.

Tina

Congratulations Tina you have done well. Ct Man yes we have the same date for preop. I may have to postpone it for a while since I just was out for two weeks with a terrible bronchitis and have no time at my new job. I will see when I go there. I've worke so hard the last three months to get to this point I hate to hold off any more. Work would be more than willing to give me the time off so I'm thankful for that. I'll talk to you when I am done with my appt. Yes we will be March bandsters!!! Yeah finally. I would love not to be fat for summer for a change....its so embarassing....and sick of buying clothes from the "fat" store. Only another "fat" person understands what we go through so I am thankful to you all for the support.

sharon:)

Sharona: boy can I relate to the clothes shopping thing. Only thing worse than being fat and trying to buy clothes is being fat and SHORT and trying to buy clothes. There is about 1/4 of the "petite" plus sizes than the regular plus sizes. Talk about a pain!

I have been holding off as long as I could to buy anything new, but finally ordered a couple things. Going from the plus sizes down to petite is tough and needs more weigh loss than going to regular misses, because many petites only go to 16 and dont go to 18 or 20. I think I need 10 more pounds to get into the petite pants. Tops are a little easier, I'm bigger on the bottom.

I ordered three tops, all petite XL, and one fits. The other two were knits and what they called "slim" fit. I could keep them but they're long sleeve and by the time I get into them, I might need short sleeves, so back they go. I'm go shopping for new pants next week. Just one or two pair ( hopefully on sale and cheap).

I used to have a closet full of clothes that didn't fit (too small) and now I still have a closet with nothing that fits. But at least this time they're too big! Boy, that feels strange but good to say!

You'll be buying new summer clothes for sure. Hope you can schedule your surgery soon.

Thanks for the encouragement, Beachcomer. I'm going to Dr. Benbrahim at Midstate in Meriden. His program has everyone to go for 6 months. Please let me know how you're doing. I'm very happy for you. You have such a positive attitude. That means a lot.

Hi MariIN,

I am feeling very well. Not too much pain. I called the doctor because at discharge I was told to crush all my meds and I wanted to confirm this new information. I am glad I called because it was decided only to take my synthroid and atenotol. And the best news is that they are tiny enough to swallow and not crush. I am a baby about taking things that taste nasty...... LOL

Good luck to you on your journey! The 6 mth time frame gives you time to really make sure you want to do this. I know I went back and forth on it. I was on the pre-op diet 2 weeks prior to surgery and lost almost 10 lbs and am down 4 lbs since the surgery on Monday. Woo HOO!!!

HMMM, now I have to decide which low fat full liquid I want for breakfast...LOL. 1/4 cup worth!!!

Hello Ct Man

How did you appt go today? I have my surgery scheduled for 3/12. I could have had it in the first week of March but since I just was out two weeks unexpected from a bronchial infection I couldn't take time off any sooner.

I'm so excited....

sharon:)

Hi shortgal

Yes I agree clothing is a nighmare. Ialways thought it was an oxymoron that they had 18 petites!!! REALLY....I'll probably never be a size 6 again but I'm okay with that. I just want to feel good. I'm sick of grunting when I bend down and sitting with my stomach on my knees (and the girls, who knows where they'll be when I'm done) My date is 03/12 and I begin my pre op diet on 3/2...so I'm on my way...here comes the summer....whoohoo......sharon:)

:mad::rolleyes:

one more thing...where do you get the banners for your postings...the ticker tape for weight loss etc.

sharon

Go to tickerfactory.com

You create it, then copy and paste the actual ticker on your signature on the forum. Go to "My account" on the forum and look for "signature".

Once you have that "bookmark" the ticker page. When you update the ticker, it will automatically update on your signature.