Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Is The Connecticut Band Fam

I am curious what you were doing that you got called Freakazoid! Ha, Ha! Are you sure you weren't dreaming that? I didn't wake up in the OR and barely remember the recovery room, I was very groogy after surgery.

Seems like you've done very well. The gas will go away, it takes time and walking helps which you've been doing. By day five, I was so much better and I think i was a little more sore becasue I had the hernia repair, too.

No ticker? You haven't even said how much you lost on pre-op. Men lose fast. I'll bet it's a lot!

Keep up the good work.

Shortie!

Ct man

I've been thinking of you!!! Its over....thank goodness. I admit I also am a little anxious and feel like I've had too much time to think. I get banded 3/12. I've done "ok" with my liquid diet with a few turns of a salad and one small peice of pizza :blink: but I've lost 9 lbs so far.

Looking forward to having it over. I'll be off Wednesday-Sunday so plenty of time to recuperate.

So glad your doing well. Its only just begun!!!!

Welcome KBosco great to have you on board!! Listen we are doing a bikini calendar (with Ct Man in a G-string) in the summer so everyone behave!!!....hahahahahah

talk to you all soon

sharon;)

Ha! It's going to take years of plastic surgery to get this old body ready for a swimsuit calendar or a bikini.

good Luck sharona, your day is quickly approaching.

Girls I dont know how to do the ticker, Im really bad at those kind of things.

I weighed 301.9, 2weeks prior to surgery. After 2weeks of Optifast the day of surgery I weighed in at 287.1. It's day 4 and I went on a 20 minute walk with my wife. Tonight I weigh 274.1.:angry:

I am able to get down all the fluids I want and Protein. I have to admit I did have a 1/2 a cup of blended smooth clam chowder and have not had a problem. The swollen belly and gas are my only issue.

Shortgal you are right everyday gets better and better. You gals are the best band sisters in the world. Your support has been outrageous and I love and appreciate each of you. :thumbup:

I'm lookin forward to the calender and we do have to get together this spring/summer to Celebrate our weight losses and reached goals.

Blessings ~ CTman

To get Ticker:

Click on anyone's ticker to get to the site. Create your ticker. bookmark the web page. Copy the actual ticker ( ignore the instructions that say copy and paste the long wordy part) and paste it on your signature on the forum. Go to the "Edit signature" on the upper right portion of the forum page. Be sure to hit the 'save" button below.

To update you ticker just go to the web page that you bookmarked and enter your password, update it and it will automatically change on the forum pages!

There's the directions, if you want to make one. You should show it, your weight loss is incredible. Now I wish I had to do the pre-op liquid diet, I would be at least 10 more pounds down. Oh well!

You are doing great Chris! No problem with the chowder Soup, (your only a few days from full liquids anyway) sounds like you're doing the best you can. That's all we can do.

The next few weeks can be easier and harder. Remember your band is not tight yet, so after initial swelling goes down, you might get hungry. Do your best to stay on post op diet stages, as your stomach and sutures around the band are still healing. Lots of Protein will keep you satisfied longer.

Good to hear from you!

To get Ticker:

Click on anyone's ticker to get to the site. Create your ticker. bookmark the web page. Copy the actual ticker ( ignore the instructions that say copy and paste the long wordy part) and paste it on your signature on the forum. Go to the "Edit signature" on the upper right portion of the forum page. Be sure to hit the 'save" button below.

To update you ticker just go to the web page that you bookmarked and enter your password, update it and it will automatically change on the forum pages!

There's the directions, if you want to make one. You should show it, your weight loss is incredible. Now I wish I had to do the pre-op liquid diet, I would be at least 10 more pounds down. Oh well!

You are doing great Chris! No problem with the chowder Soup, (your only a few days from full liquids anyway) sounds like you're doing the best you can. That's all we can do.

The next few weeks can be easier and harder. Remember your band is not tight yet, so after initial swelling goes down, you might get hungry. Do your best to stay on post op diet stages, as your stomach and sutures around the band are still healing. Lots of Protein will keep you satisfied longer.

Good to hear from you!

Ok here goes, my 15 yr. old is helpin me out, hope it works....

Hey I think your the only guy in our group....so we gotta love ya...sounds like your doing great...good for you going for a walk!!! Your weight loss is fabulous. I can't wait until WEdnesday....I've lost 8 lbs on the pre op diet and I haven't been the greatest on it. Keep on truckin there buddy one pound at a time....

sharon;)

:heart:Ct Man where are you???? How are you doing....your worrying me with your silence...how are ya doin. are you back to work yet? how has the post op diet been? when is your next dr's visit? come info info info...you know how the girls want the scoop...

sharon:)

:heart:Ct Man where are you???? How are you doing....your worrying me with your silence...how are ya doin. are you back to work yet? how has the post op diet been? when is your next dr's visit? come info info info...you know how the girls want the scoop...

Good Luck tomorrow Sharona! Once you get home and feel up to it, check in with the CT family.

Hey Ladies, Well I've finally made my 1st week. The post op diet is going well. The gas pains have decreased. I went to my primary phys. today. He was very happy to see that I have been losing. I see Dr. Erhlick thurs. AM , I hope I'm down to 270 by then. Im walking morning and evening now and increasing my Protein intake with powder. Im working to get this 5lbs off by Thurs. Cmon ladies let's press in and exercise some more to lose a few more pounds. We can do it. The CT Band Fam Rcoks !!!

Sharona u will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Let us know as soon as you can about how well you are doing. I'm so excited for you.

You know we have to work on the CT fellaz. I didnt realize I was the only one. They don't know what they are missing.

I finally went for a walk today. The weather is improving. Forty five mins and about 2.5 miles.

Thanks guys...I'm excited and scared. I can't believe all the weight youve lost already Ct Man.....and excercising!!! This has been the longest winter I can remember....and I'm no spring chicken...Thanks for the encouragement. My surgery is at 9:15 am tomorrow and I have to be there at 7:15...so I'll probalby give you guys an update on Friday.

I can't wait to start at the gym and to start walking. I have 4 dogs who would love it and a husband (retired and of course, skinny) who will be beside me...Talk to you soon...

Hey Ct. Man you figured out the ticker...but you think you could have picked out something a little less "prissy".....??? Think you've been hanging out with the girls too long.....hahahahahah

Sharona,

OUCH !!! How is the beach and a scale "prissy". I like beaches and warm weather is my favorite. Hopefully all goes well for you today. When u wake up I hope you're lighter and nicer.

CTman

Sharona,

OUCH !!! How is the beach and a scale "prissy". I like beaches and warm weather is my favorite. Hopefully all goes well for you today. When u wake up I hope you're lighter and nicer.

CTman

Hahahaha, I think she just expected something like the football field ticker. You know the typical "guy" thing.

I noticed you were able to figure the ticker out, but really didn't notice the ticker itself. I am usually focused on the numbers they show.

I'm with you... I love warm weather and the beach!

awww only kidding. Thngs went well yesterday except today I had a temp of 102 and the chest xray showed pneumonia so now i'm hooked on antibiotics. Hope to go home over the weekend. I'm keeping things down and I am sore. The gas was awful but it has passed now.....

Yes I thought it would be a football ticker or something....hyahahahahaahah

hope all are doing well....thank goodness for wireless in the hospital!!!!