Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

1 hour ago, LookingForward22 said:

I have some small seromas that are sore on my main incision. I have been using ice and heat on the area (was told they are normal and as long as they aren’t showing signs of infection not to worry).

The heat and ice helps a lot. That incisions the one that’s been tender from day one so I’m just rolling with it. Occasionally I take some Tylenol.

My binder is getting a bit loose even pulled tight so I’m not wearing it as much but it does tend to feel better when I wear it. It’s just been super hot with it on and the warmer weather.

I’d check with your dr to make sure they don’t want to see you and to see what they say.

i never wore a binder and this incision has not hurt until yesterday. It's just so weird to get a new type of pain three weeks after the surgery.

I did email a nurse at the hospital, and she sent me a reply with more questions. I replied to her, but they're closed now. It's not acute pain, just a sting now and then, and when I lean forward etc. I don't have a fever or increased heartbeat, so it's probably not that serious.

On 08/30/2022 at 15:58, Sunnyer said:

i never wore a binder and this incision has not hurt until yesterday. It's just so weird to get a new type of pain three weeks after the surgery.

I did email a nurse at the hospital, and she sent me a reply with more questions. I replied to her, but they're closed now. It's not acute pain, just a sting now and then, and when I lean forward etc. I don't have a fever or increased heartbeat, so it's probably not that serious.

It’s best to check with them just to be safe… but it probably isn’t anything to worry about. Hope you get some answers and relief tomorrow.

4 days post-op and finally got all my Water in today, as well as Protein. Started on Protein Shakes and yogurt yesterday with no issues at all. Getting around is still difficult, my right side gets very sore, very quickly. But I got in four circuits (5 laps each) of the downstairs today, and then tomorrow I’m going to add a set of stairs on each circuit.

Greatly enjoying my little two oz cups of yogurt and I’m trying out freezing my Protein shakes in popsicle molds over night to see how I like them that way, though it’s not difficult to drink them. Just two days of full liquids and I’m so ready to start adding in Soup. Bone Broth was starting to make me gag, so I had to stop drinking it. I think if I could add it to thin out a cream Soup it might be better, but I have to wait until Friday for that!

Still haven’t lost anything. I did gain 8lbs after surgery from day of surgery weight, and this morning I was back to that weight. Hoping to start seeing the scale move after I shed this Fluid retention.

I haven't lost 1 pound the last week, and I am really mad/frustrated/irritated.

With you!

I have been stuck for 5 days at the same weight. It's so demoralizing when I'm eating less than 400 calories per day most days. I had my husband hide the scale and have been focusing on getting my Water in and walking. But there's always that "what if this is it?" In the back of my mind. I've sacrificed so much to have this surgery. I just want so badly for it to work.

56 minutes ago, SuziDavis said:

Girl I feel ya, I had a 2nd-week stall as well and I just started week 5 and been in a stall again since last Thursday. They told me my activity was to high for the calories I'm taking in. Stalls will happen but keep your head up. 💜

On 08/31/2022 at 08:52, SuziDavis said:

I’m right there with you. I wasn’t prepared for a 2nd week stall, but today I had some movement and I’m now officially under 300! Still a long way to go - with many more stalls ahead of me I’m sure … but we can do this!

Reach out if you need an ear or whatever. We are only a day apart in our sleeves and I think we are both looking to drop a similar amount of weight. Keep with it, you’ll break your stall and see that progress before you know it!!

1 hour ago, SuziDavis said:

Stalls are so annoying,

I actually GAINED weight yesterday, lost some today but I'm still heavier than I was two days ago. I was so looking forward to getting under 100 kilos (220 pounds) because I haven't been under that weight in more than 10 years. 101 kilos is exactly where I've gotten when I've dieted on my own, so it would be a breakthrough for me to get to 100 or 99, but it's not likely to happen this week now.

57 minutes ago, heartofmercury said:

With you!

I have been stuck for 5 days at the same weight. It's so demoralizing when I'm eating less than 400 calories per day most days. I had my husband hide the scale and have been focusing on getting my Water in and walking. But there's always that "what if this is it?" In the back of my mind. I've sacrificed so much to have this surgery. I just want so badly for it to work.

I feel you. I had my surgery on the 19th and was steadily losing every day and now for 2 days nothing. I am also afraid I'm never going to lose this weight. I started pureed foods yesterday and now I'm afraid I'm going to gain. I don't want to see my Dr in 4 weeks and have to feel like a failure.

2 minutes ago, LibbyAbby said:

I feel you. I had my surgery on the 19th and was steadily losing every day and now for 2 days nothing. I am also afraid I'm never going to lose this weight. I started pureed foods yesterday and now I'm afraid I'm going to gain. I don't want to see my Dr in 4 weeks and have to feel like a failure.

That was a big fear of mine... I was going to get to my 1-month post-op apt and they were just going to pour on everything I was already feeling even more. It was actually the exact opposite and gave me a lot of great feedback. Don't be afraid to eat, your body needs those calories. I highly recommend you hide the scale for 1 or 2 weeks.

On 08/31/2022 at 10:50, LibbyAbby said:

Hang in there I sat for nearly a week at a stand still once I hit the purées with the same worry. Started to move a little again today (first day of week 2 of purées). I’m convinced it was because I was adjusting Amit not hitting all my Water and Protein goals, as I adjusted to the purées. But who knows… it could have been any one of a dozen things. Just keep working your program and stick to the basics.

On 08/31/2022 at 10:26, Sunnyer said:

Stalls are so annoying,

I actually GAINED weight yesterday, lost some today but I'm still heavier than I was two days ago. I was so looking forward to getting under 100 kilos (220 pounds) because I haven't been under that weight in more than 10 years. 101 kilos is exactly where I've gotten when I've dieted on my own, so it would be a breakthrough for me to get to 100 or 99, but it's not likely to happen this week now.

It’s only Wednesday there is still time. I seemed to have lost 3 pounds over night after my body stubbornly held on to those pounds for dear life for the last week. (Please remind me of this when I hit my next stall - I’m sure I’ll need to hear it… lol). I hope you can still make your mini goal this week. But if it takes a little longer, you’ll get there. I honestly didn’t have confidence I would get under 300 ever again before this surgery - I couldn’t seem to make it past 309 on my own before. I nearly held my breath from 310-298 afraid to look at the scales!

Hi guys! For those of you struggling, I’m saying this as much for myself as for you. Be patient with yourselves and your bodies. Do what you know you have to and what you know is right and the rest will take care of itself. Get off the scale if its making you flustered. Focus on how your body feels and what your stomach is now telling you, so you can keep doing what’s right. Remember, today is the last day of the month, so even those of us who had surgery 8/1 are only now a month out, we’re still healing and learning. I believe in us August 2022 Buddies! I know we will help each other be successful. I myself am super nervous about today. And I have not weighed myself since halfway through my pre-op. So I have no idea what I am going to hear at my 1 week post-op. But even if its a gain or not a lot I still know I am going to succeed because I am prepared to! And I know you guys are the same! We got this! You can do this! We’re here for health and NSVs! The scale can suck it! 🤣 (for now, lets not go crazy, we still need some base measurements, lol. I hope you guys all took you inches too, so you’re measuring multiple things😃) But, We’re the MFing, ABs!! We can do this! Everyone who reads this pick up your water bottle and give your self a toast and a sip to Celebrate that you are here, you did this great thing for yourself and you will keep on moving! AND YOU (we) WILL SUCCEED, NO MATTER WHAT THE SCALE SAYS RIGHT NOW!! 💪🏻💪🏻

1 hour ago, heartofmercury said:

With you!

It really is demoralizing! We just went through all of this and to already be stagnant... 😭

Trying to stay positive.

Good morning from sunny San Diego (practically blinding this morning in front of my east-facing windows).

My appointment with my primary yesterday had to be rescheduled to tomorrow, so I'll know more about my BP situation then. My BP has been steadily coming down and, with meds, was 135/80 yesterday, so they're working, but she may want to adjust. I'll also have her take a look at my incisions as the gluey stuff is coming off.

I'm getting really bored of the full liquid phase (2). I rotate among 3 flavors of Soup and 3 flavors of Protein Shake, but it's getting old. 5 days until I get scrambled eggs and mashed fruit/veg and cottage cheese!

I just hit 20 pounds total lost today, even though I'm only down a net 5 since the surgery a week and a half ago (took a long time for the post-op Water retention to let go).

Yesterday, my cute pill organizer arrived. It contains my multi, Calcium, & B12 and also my Rx (2 for BP, 1 for preventing gallstones, 1 for stomach acid--those last 2 are only for 3 months, I think). I like that it's compact but still large enough to hold everything because once I leave the house more, it will be handy to toss 1 day's compartment into a purse.

IMG-0234.jpg

IMG-0236.jpg