Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 05/19/2022 at 00:03, JaJor0430 said:

May 19th

Sent from my SM-G996U using BariatricPal mobile app

Your procedure is today! Best wishes!!!!!

On 05/19/2022 at 05:50, JaJor0430 said:

Thanks.. really nervous, but so ready

Sent from my SM-G996U using BariatricPal mobile app

I totally get that! They’ll give you something to relax you, just focus on that (easy for me to say).
My date is 6/8. I wasn’t the least bit nervous until my insurance company approved me…since then (2 weeks ago), I’m anxious and jumpy. I’ve been coming here to read good post surgery experiences…so please post yours. ❤️
I’ll be thinking of you and sending you good vibes. You are going to do great! ❤️

On 4/26/2022 at 2:08 AM, The Traveler said:

Hi All,

Currently, my surgery is scheduled for May 3rd. I was wondering if there were any other people on a similar timeline who I could buddy up with for support and discussion. It will be covered by the insurance IF the results of my sleeping test were negative. I find that out on Thursday. Then the surgery is a go ahead for the 3rd. I am anxious about both.

Sleeved May 15th, I'm here for support!

I am spending my second night in the hospital post-op RNY tonight. I was hoping to go home today, but I threw up last night, so I scored another night 'sleeping' in the hospital bed. We figured out the pain meds early this morning, so today was much better. Lots of walking. Lots of Water.

I am feeling much better and doing as much walking as I can so I have very little gas pain today. I ended up with an abdominal binder and it helped with the pain so much. I wear it when I go on my longer walks or in the car. I've met my intake goals for the last 3 days in a row. I'm feeling very positive. The most difficult part for me right now is that I am craving meat. I still have a couple weeks to go until I actually get to chew meat but the days are going by more quickly than I thought they would. It helps that I'm napping a lot lol. I hope every one here is well and moving forward

5 hours ago, sugarbee24 said:

I am feeling much better and doing as much walking as I can so I have very little gas pain today. I ended up with an Abdominal binder and it helped with the pain so much. I wear it when I go on my longer walks or in the car. I've met my intake goals for the last 3 days in a row. I'm feeling very positive. The most difficult part for me right now is that I am craving meat. I still have a couple weeks to go until I actually get to chew meat but the days are going by more quickly than I thought they would. It helps that I'm napping a lot lol. I hope every one here is well and moving forward

That's funny you said that because I was thinking when I get to pureed I wonder if I could handle a few buts of pureed steak. Steak is something I don't normally crave. I normally don't have red meat but every couple of months. I eat chicken, turkey, fish and pork.

I am learning to eat slower. I have always been a fast eater. I found eating slowly I can enjoy my food like I did when I ate a large volume. I was eating some yogurt and I took tiny bits resting in between. It was delicious. Learning to have a different relationship with food has been an emotional journey. I have never been one to enjoy cooking. I enjoying making my own creative smoothies. I put some avocado in my smoothie for the nutrition value and sweet cherries because I love them added my Protein and some Fiber, almond milk and non daily yogurt. I really found it tasted like a treat. Today I will make a different one with peaches and who knows what else. Trying to develop a relationship with food that engages healthy benefits. Thinking I am eating for my health gives it a different dynamic than to fill my comfort needs or just to fill up. Though I think treating ourselves occasionally maje it less likely we will cheat as much.

Oh...I have sugarfree chocolate pudding, hmmmmm what can I do with that in a smoothie.

@ lee ann yes, a healthy relationship to food.

I’m always going to love food. I’ve been daydreaming about cooking fish. A whole fish. A beautiful fish. Red snapper. With Thai flavors.
I thought am I obsessing about food? Is this healthy? It’s inevitable really with drinking vanilla, chocolate, and salted caramel shakes. And I concluded that I’m looking forward to eating healthy and trying new recipes. It’s ok. I’m looking forward not back.

Hello Everyone,

I’m 5 days post op and I’m doing 4 oz of full liquids plus meals. At my doctors appointment today my doctor asked me if I met my Protein and liquid goals. Which confuses me because in Class 3 they were saying to make sure for the first week that you make sure to get the liquids in so you don’t get dehydrated. So in my mind for the first week decided to play it safe and follow the page they gave me at the hospital for meals and liquids. I would rather be safe then sorry I guess.

My husband and I went deep sea fishing at night. We caught the best red snapper. Love to do that again. I love meat. Mainly chicken, fish and pork. I would love to have some Pho. Now that I live in AZ I don't know of a restaurant that has it. In Nashville we had plenty of places. I have not had Thai in a long time either. Thai tea would be nice. I love the peanut sauce they use on their dishes.

6 minutes ago, Dschmitty said:

Hello Everyone,

I’m 5 days post op and I’m doing 4 oz of full liquids plus meals. At my doctors appointment today my doctor asked me if I met my Protein and liquid goals. Which confuses me because in Class 3 they were saying to make sure for the first week that you make sure to get the liquids in so you don’t get dehydrated. So in my mind for the first week decided to play it safe and follow the page they gave me at the hospital for meals and liquids. I would rather be safe then sorry I guess.

I sip Water with Protein Powder or liquid IV all day to get my 64 oz in. At meals I was told not to drink any 30 mins before during and 30 after to get your meal in. I mainly just sip all the time to get my Protein and fluids in. During my clear liquid week I did not really have meals. I had broth I would sip on. I am on full liquids now. I make a smoothie for Breakfast. I had some oatmeal that was mainly water but creamy. I bought it from Proti Diet on Amazon. A packet is 7 carbs and 15 protein. I put a tablespoon of unsweetened apple sauce in it. I did that for late lunch. I am just sipping.

I can relate to you as far as sipping goes, I’m doing the same thing you are. Can you share some smoothie recipes with me? I’m going to start drinking those. I think I will also look into the Proti Diet from Amazon.

2 hours ago, Dschmitty said:

I can relate to you as far as sipping goes, I’m doing the same thing you are. Can you share some smoothie recipes with me? I’m going to start drinking those. I think I will also look into the Proti Diet from Amazon.

I make my smoothies as I go. I learned using the Baritastic App some food choices to keep the calories and carbs down. I love sweet frozen cherries, they have less calories than using even a half of a banana. I use a little yogurt. I used silk dairy free but have to be careful of the calories. I use almond milk and plant base unflavored Protein power. I add blueberries as well. It's never the same thing exactly just what I am in the mood for. I have to be careful not to make a big one like I use to. I even put avocado in it for the nutrition. You don't taste it. I went to frys and in the freezer section bought cherries they don't have seeds. I like the sweet cherries. Then I would get other berries and peaches.

Tonight I had protein Diet oatmeal it was good and not to sweet. I added some unflavored protein and a table spoon of no added sugar apple sauce. The oatmeal was 15 protein and 7 carbs. It took a while to eat it but it was really good.