Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 05/12/2022 at 11:02, sprukop0924 said:

During my research over the past several months, I've read various posts with suggestions of what to bring to the hospital...NONE of which I can find now. So, any help with my recall is appreciated!

Hospital checklist:

robe

heating pad

chapstick

Biotene spray

earphones

What am I missing?

Clear Protein drink
Toothbrush
Toothpaste

That’s all I can think of at this moment. 🤔

1 minute ago, Mariann812 said:

Clear Protein drink
Toothbrush
Toothpaste

That’s all I can think of at this moment. 🤔

Oh, right! lol...probably some deodorant, too, and fresh underwear!

But, won't the hospital provide whatever food/beverages I'm allowed while I am there?

On 4/26/2022 at 4:13 PM, FarfelDiego said:

I’m May 16. You’re my buddy who’s going down the path first.

I'm also May 16th

Having gastric bypass and hiatus hernia repair feeling excited and nervous hope all goes well!

Pre-surgery blood tests all done had my PCR test done today (negative to covid) thank God lol

Tomorrow I'll be doing my hospital bag as I've been told that my stay will be 5 days.

Wishing everyone best of luck with their surgeries🙏🙏🙏

Edited by Merill

22 minutes ago, sprukop0924 said:

But, won't the hospital provide whatever food/beverages I'm allowed while I am there?

That's what I would have thought as well regarding the shakes, but nevertheless I would still pack in a couple of sachets just in case.

And personally I would definitely be packing in more than just a toothbrush and toothpaste lol

Like extra nighty or pj's, a gown, toiletries, hair dryer, hair brushes, phone charger.

As you never know what to expect whilst in hospital with post op, as complications can arise resulting in longer stay.

Edited by Merill

41 minutes ago, sprukop0924 said:

deodorant and fresh underwear --- good thinking. I forgot about that.

When I went to nutrition class, the nutritionist told everyone to bring their favorite clear Protein Drink with whatever else they packed in their hospital bag.

That's all I got. And don't forget your phone charger.

25 minutes ago, Merill said:

That's what I would have thought as well regarding the shakes, but nevertheless I would still pack in a couple of sachets just in case.

And personally I would definitely be packing in more than just a toothbrush and toothpaste lol

Like extra nighty or pj's, a gown, toiletries, hair dryer, hair brushes, phone charger.

As you never know what to expect whilst in hospital with post op, as complications can arise resulting in longer stay.

I completely agree. Between my skin care regimen and my make-up, i'll probably only leave the false eyelashes at home. I bring extra clean undies for a day trip just about anywhere.

Seriously.

1 hour ago, okinc10 said:

Hey there! I wish you all the luck! Mine is 24th and I am doing my best to lose some before the date. You are 5'4, I am 5'3, gonna be exciting!!

1 hour ago, sprukop0924 said:

During my research over the past several months, I've read various posts with suggestions of what to bring to the hospital...NONE of which I can find now. So, any help with my recall is appreciated!

Hospital checklist:

robe
heating pad
chapstick
Biotene spray
earphones

What am I missing?

What is biotene for? I have zinc losgenes to help with sore thoat after being having the tube down. I have charges, pillow , blanket heating pad, pepcid that is chewable, Protein Water packs, powder broth in case I don't like theirs, water bottle, abdominal binder, spandex shorts that I heard helps with pain, tums. I am going to Mexico so I wanted to make sure I have everything. It is a hospital but just making sure.

2 hours ago, sprukop0924 said:

Good luck tomorrow! I'll see you on the other side of this! I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am tomorrow! Getting VERY nervous! Also hoping I've shrunk my liver enough. scale has hardly moved this week even though I haven't cheated at all! Hoping its just muscle gain since I've been going to the gym all week.

Weare on our way. Little nervous but mainly excited. We stay in a hotel tonight. Early morning. They did not tell me to but yesterday and this morning I took colace. It worked for me glad I did not do a laxative. Trying to keep a positive out look

I only needed some fresh underwear, my favorite oversized dress to wear home, AirPods. But i only had to stay a little under 24 hrs. I find a lot of that other stuff unnecessary but if your hospital stay is longer it makes sense.

1 hour ago, Lee anne said:

What is biotene for? I have zinc losgenes to help with sore thoat after being having the tube down. I have charges, pillow , blanket heating pad, pepcid that is chewable, Protein Water packs, powder broth in case I don't like theirs, water bottle, Abdominal binder, spandex shorts that I heard helps with pain, tums. I am going to Mexico so I wanted to make sure I have everything. It is a hospital but just making sure.

I was strictly told I could only bring my bipap machine, ID/Insurance card, and a comfortable change of clothes to go home in. Didn't need or use a heating pad Protein Drinks or a binder. Mine was local.

May 5th for me

3 hours ago, Lee anne said:

What is biotene for? I have zinc losgenes to help with sore thoat after being having the tube down. I have charges, pillow , blanket heating pad, pepcid that is chewable, Protein Water packs, powder broth in case I don't like theirs, water bottle, Abdominal binder, spandex shorts that I heard helps with pain, tums. I am going to Mexico so I wanted to make sure I have everything. It is a hospital but just making sure.

Biotene is for the dry mouth after surgery

4 hours ago, Tim W. said:

I was strictly told I could only bring my bipap machine, ID/Insurance card, and a comfortable change of clothes to go home in. Didn't need or use a heating pad Protein Drinks or a binder. Mine was local.

We are driving almost 4 hours and I am going to MX. I just want to be prepared but they did suggest a heating pad and drinks for the way home. I am just worried I will not like what they give me. I know I am over prepared. I stay in the hospital three nights. They do three leak test. One during surgery. I am here in MX so far so good. The interpreter met me to go over the pre op but I had done most of it when I was done here two weeks ago. They gave me an antibodic to take and Ativan to help me sleep. Went the pharmacy and picked up some meds. Waiting for the morning.

4 hours ago, redhead_che said:

I only needed some fresh underwear, my favorite oversized dress to wear home, AirPods. But i only had to stay a little under 24 hrs. I find a lot of that other stuff unnecessary but if your hospital stay is longer it makes sense.

My stay is three nights. I am in mexicali Mexico. Mine is a revision . After surgery in the past the sore thoat was really bad. We drove almost 4 hours to the border. Left our car on the US side and was picked up. Since we have been here before checking the hospital out I am not as nervous as I thought.

14 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

I completely agree. Between my skin care regimen and my make-up, i'll probably only leave the false eyelashes at home. I bring extra clean undies for a day trip just about anywhere.

Seriously.

Oh yes Marianne that's without a doupt my end as well, I never leave the house without my makeup bag lol

On the other hand my nerves are quite tense today, butterflies in my stomach as the day gets closer. I've had a few confirmation calls from the hospital and they didn't neglect to mention that it can be cancelled on the day depending on the covid cases in emergency. I think it just started to sink in that it's really happening.

I'm so hoping that we don't get cancelled again🙏🙏🙏

Edited by Merill