Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 minute ago, SasHappy said:

Cleveland yay! I definitely slipped up the day I was supposed to start! It's been ok, I've been distracting myself, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I feel miserable adjusting, it's times like this that I realize that food was such a crutch, and this procedure is definitely the tool that will help me.

How are you feeling?? So excited for us!

I’m soooo hungry! I keep eating sugar free popsicles, broth, Gatorade zero. It’s torture cooking my family full course meals everyday. I’m excited for the phone call tomorrow to let me know what time I need to be at the hospital Friday. My doctor said I’m first in the list so I should be having my surgery around 7:30am.

10 minutes ago, Darcell76 said:

I’m soooo hungry! I keep eating sugar free popsicles, broth, Gatorade zero. It’s torture cooking my family full course meals everyday. I’m excited for the phone call tomorrow to let me know what time I need to be at the hospital Friday. My doctor said I’m first in the list so I should be having my surgery around 7:30am.

Yes! I can TOTALLY RELATE I am definitely anticipating that phone call and yes the hunger is so real, I've asked my family not to talk about food, I just make the food and leave😆

1 hour ago, Darcell76 said:

Sounds like you’re doing great. Did you get discharged today

Yup. On my way home right now.

On 05/25/2022 at 18:27, Raw188 said:

I'm 23 hours out of sleeve surgery. Had a hernia repair and gallbladder removed too.

I've been up and about for the last 8 hours. My pain is 1-2 with Tylenol, gabapentin, and the very last vestiges of the spinal block they used on me.

I've been sipping Water out of 1 ounce cups since an hour after I woke from surgery.

Two hours after I started with the Water, i added in Protein Shakes. A little at first, building up as my body let's me.

I'm currently getting between 4-6 oz of water/shake each hour.

I had Dilaudid when I first woke and was in 6-7 pain. No more doses of that.

They've been giving me Tylenol, pepcid, heperin, and gabapentin.

I'm supposed to be getting released this afternoon.

Hi, congratulations on your surgery! I have a question: I am having almost the same procedure but a RNY instead of a sleeve. How long were you in surgery?
Thanks and continued best wishes for a quick recovery.

27 minutes ago, Mariann812 said:

Hi, congratulations on your surgery! I have a question: I am having almost the same procedure but a RNY instead of a sleeve. How long were you in surgery?
Thanks and continued best wishes for a quick recovery.

My wife said they called her 3 hours after I went back.

The doc said the surgery should only take 90 minutes to 2 hours.

So, two to three hours, I guess.

On 05/25/2022 at 22:38, Raw188 said:

My wife said they called her 3 hours after I went back.

The doc said the surgery should only take 90 minutes to 2 hours.

So, two to three hours, I guess.

Thank you so much! That’s about what I was thinking…2-3 hours.

On 4/26/2022 at 1:13 AM, FarfelDiego said:

I’m May 16. You’re my buddy who’s going down the path first.

Hi! My surgery was also on May 16th. How is your progress going?

What to pack for your surgery ? Suggestions?
A long cell phone charging cord, chapstick, toothbrush and a book. I packed a bunch of other stuff and never used it. Best of luck to you!

I’m day 1 post op RNY and doing good! Feeling pretty strong, I’m crediting that to CrossFit for the last year. Not nauseated and tolerating 4oz every hour. Hoping everyone is doing well!
I second this. I am PO day 8. I knew Crossfit was making me stronger, but I had no idea how much it would help in recovery. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using BariatricPal mobile app

I had no exercise regime before but I have had no nausea and I have tolerated fluids and Protein great. I am day 15. Wish I had a regime so it would not be hard to get into the routine of it now.

On 05/29/2022 at 00:42, Lee anne said:

I had no exercise regime before but I have had no nausea and I have tolerated fluids and Protein great. I am day 15. Wish I had a regime so it would not be hard to get into the routine of it now.

Congratulations on the no-nausea. My surgery is 6/8, and my fingers are crossed and my mind is focused on no nausea. I hope it doesn’t hit!
As a former runner, you will be fine beginning a workout program for the first time. I was not able to run with my last 2 pregnancies which were when I was in my mid 40s. Months later, when I was cleared to run again, I started out slowly, walking, and eventually running again. I was able to do that every time after having long and short breaks from a regular workout routine. Listen to your body, don’t overdue in the beginning, don’t take on too much too soon and you will be fine. You have already cleared the most huge hurdle-surgery.
I started running 40 years ago when I was in my 20s. I had to stop a year ago when I just couldn’t do it because I couldn’t get enough air-turns out I have a massive hiatal hernia. I fully intend to get back to being some sort of runner…my surgeon says that he fully expects that I will. My cardiologist agrees. I’m 67.
You got this! 🥰

Good luck to the 5/31 surgeries! I’m off to the beach for a few days with my daughter. 🇺🇸Memorial Day weekend.🇺🇸 DH and her twin brother will be staying home with the dogs and they plan on golf and fishing.
My surgeon admonished me that I am NOT to get my stomach sunburned. When I saw him 2 weeks ago it was a little pink. 🤷🏻‍♀️
It will be a challenge to be at the end of Week 1 of my 2 week pre-surgery diet, but I welcome the challenge.
Best wishes to the 5/31 first thing in the morning surgeries. I am scheduled for 5:30 am hospital arrival and 7:30 am surgery on 6/8.
🏖🌊☀️🇺🇸😎

8 hours ago, noteasierstronger said:

I second this. I am PO day 8. I knew Crossfit was making me stronger, but I had no idea how much it would help in recovery. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi can I ask what Crossfit is 🤔

2 hours ago, Merill said:

Hi can I ask what Crossfit is 🤔

https://www.crossfit.com/

CrossFit is a branded fitness regimen that involves constantly varied functional movements performed at high intensity. The methodology was developed by Greg Glassman, who founded CrossFit with Lauren Jenai in 2000, with CrossFit its registered trademark.

18 hours ago, Raw188 said:

I will look into the link now.

Thanks ♥️🙏