Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies

On 4/5/2022 at 8:58 PM, TracyM88 said:

My surgery is in Ann Arbor. Best wishes to you. I'm feeling a bit nervous, excited...so many emotions. Mostly I'm just ready to start the rest of my life.🙂

We are so close. We're you at UofM or St. Joe's? Did all go well? I spent one night in hospital and am doing great. I start Protein Shakes again tomorrow.

On 4/6/2022 at 10:32 AM, Pastor Tracy said:

You won't need your c-pap, they'll regulate your levels for you (or a least they should). Praying for a healthy and new you.... Happy New-Birthday

I was told to bring my CPAP and the anesthesiologist said it was best I did and too use it even when just napping. I am home now and doing great.

my date is april 12th as well! eeeek.

Hi all!

My date is the 27th of April gastric bypass + hiatus hernia repair, I weighed at 109kg in December last year I've lost 9 ks since then by cutting out the carbs and sugar I must admit I HAVE cheated a lot but managed to lose some regardless LOL We all fall off the wagon at times but the main thing is to get back on it!

-Still have 35 ks to lose! 😊💪🤞

Best of luck to everyone! 🤞🤞🤞😊😊😊

Edited by Merill

10 hours ago, Sleeving It Reel said:

Hi Brûlée, You are the day before me! We have the liquid diet to look forward to together next week :)

My surgery is the 26th also.

1 hour ago, Merill said:

Oh wow!

Yeah I definitely agree we should keep in touch and follow up on our outcomes and share our own experiences and ideas would be so good! I'm having gastric bypass + hiatus hernia repair on the same day so it's a big day for me, I have a mixture of feelings some anxiety some concerns of risks some excitement as well it will be a whole new chapter in their lives! I'm very happy that I found this forum it gives me a lot of confidence as I read other people's experiences😊

Thank you for your complement with my surname😊 I'm from Australia Melbourne may I ask what your name is🙏

Hi, Meril…I’ll be following you for sure. I am having a hiatal hernia repair and Roux EN Y. I’m probably having it mid June when school is done. All of my pre-procedure testing is complete. Just waiting. I’m excited about the surgery and the changes it will bring. I’m a little apprehensive about the hernia repair because it was completely unexpected. It’s large and half my stomach is in my chest which explains a lot.

good luck to you!

1 hour ago, Kimmy Kaye said:

I was told to bring my CPAP and the anesthesiologist said it was best I did and too use it even when just napping. I am home now and doing great.

Kimmy: I am so glad to hear you are doing great!

13 minutes ago, Mariann812 said:

Hi, Meril…I’ll be following you for sure. I am having a hiatal hernia repair and Roux EN Y. I’m probably having it mid June when school is done. All of my pre-procedure testing is complete. Just waiting. I’m excited about the surgery and the changes it will bring. I’m a little apprehensive about the hernia repair because it was completely unexpected. It’s large and half my stomach is in my chest which explains a lot.

good luck to you!

Hi Marlann,

It's so good to read other people going through the same thing as yourself and so reassuring isn't it😊 I'm glad I joined this forum and I'm lovin It my hiatus hernia is quite bad too I didn't know what a hernia was until I saw the image when they went down with a gastroscopy I thought it was just a lump in the stomach! And the Roux EN Y is referred to as 'gastric bypass' here in Australia I didn't understand what it meant at first so I had to search it on Google now I know lol😊👍

Good luck Marlann! 👍🤞

I'll be following you as well and whereabouts are you from😊

17 minutes ago, Merill said:

Hi Marlann,

It's so good to read other people going through the same thing as yourself and so reassuring isn't it😊 I'm glad I joined this forum and I'm lovin It my hiatus hernia is quite bad too I didn't know what a hernia was until I saw the image when they went down with a gastroscopy I thought it was just a lump in the stomach! And the Roux EN Y is referred to as 'gastric bypass' here in Australia I didn't understand what it meant at first so I had to search it on Google now I know lol😊👍

Good luck Marlann! 👍🤞

I'll be following you as well and whereabouts are you from😊

Oh my! I didn’t know I had it either till the first sip of barium. The radiologist showed it to me. My only symptom had been shortness of breath. I can’t wait for it to be repaired. The RNY is used interchangeably with gastric bypass here. I was hoping for a gastric sleeve but the hernia changed that. Good luck to you, and thanks for replying so quickly. 🙂

50 minutes ago, Mariann812 said:

Oh my! I didn’t know I had it either till the first sip of barium. The radiologist showed it to me. My only symptom had been shortness of breath. I can’t wait for it to be repaired. The RNY is used interchangeably with gastric bypass here. I was hoping for a gastric sleeve but the hernia changed that. Good luck to you, and thanks for replying so quickly. 🙂

Yes same here I was supposed to have gastric sleeve but the hernia changed it to a gastric bypass.

Here's a glimpse of what mine looked like, notice how the inner lining of my stomach is spread out to my oesophagus! had no idea it was the case till I saw the picture😳

Screenshot_20210616-024205_WhatsApp.jpg

16 minutes ago, Merill said:

Yes same here I was supposed to have gastric sleeve but the hernia changed it to a gastric bypass.

Here's a glimpse of what mine looked like, notice how the inner lining of my stomach is spread out to my oesophagus! had no idea it was the case till I saw the picture😳

Screenshot_20210616-024205_WhatsApp.jpg

WOW! Do they have any idea how you developed a hernia THAT large? Mine likely started when I was of with twins 20 years ago. Lifting, long distance running, etc., etc., and voilà! Hernia! My daughter is a doctor and she told me that merely having the hernia repaired is going to make a huge difference in feeling better. I can’t wait.

8 minutes ago, Mariann812 said:

WOW! Do they have any idea how you developed a hernia THAT large? Mine likely started when I was of with twins 20 years ago. Lifting, long distance running, etc., etc., and voilà! Hernia! My daughter is a doctor and she told me that merely having the hernia repaired is going to make a huge difference in feeling better. I can’t wait.

I think I developed it with my first daughter as I have a lot of Fluid retention throughout my body and just the sudden weight gain in the pregnancy yes I've been told that having the hernia repaired is going to change my life around I can't wait😁😁😁

25 minutes ago, thanks4ether said:

Hi! My surgery is also April 26. Are you already on a liquid diet? I'm starting day 5

Sent from my 2107113SG using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, I have started my liquid diet but my dietitian wanted me to add 2 cups of vegetables and one teaspoon of oil as well as the 3 Meal Replacement shakes and 2 litres of Water I don't know how I'm going to fit the 2 L of water but I'm trying😐