Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol '08

smatyas

Oops, I mean tomorrow night?

I think out of the guys it'll probably be either Luke or Chikieeze (sp?). Can't say for the girls...not until after tonight.

Is Luke the gorgeous one with the very high voice? He's really made some bad song choices. His voice is really unique though and I'd like to hear him do something that is well suited to his voice. I do think that he's in peril of being kicked off.

I thought Chakeezie was good last night. I'm not sure he'll make it through tonight either though.

I usually agree with Simon's constructive criticism, but he's sure said some insulting stuff with this group. I'm not sure that hurling mind-numbing insults is very constructive. Or then again, maybe it is. Maybe that's what it takes to get the very best performances out of 'em. It's painful to watch though.

Is Luke the gorgeous one with the very high voice? He's really made some bad song choices. His voice is really unique though and I'd like to hear him do something that is well suited to his voice. I do think that he's in peril of being kicked off.

I thought Chakeezie was good last night. I'm not sure he'll make it through tonight either though.

I usually agree with Simon's constructive criticism, but he's sure said some insulting stuff with this group. I'm not sure that hurling mind-numbing insults is very constructive. Or then again, maybe it is. Maybe that's what it takes to get the very best performances out of 'em. It's painful to watch though.

Yes, Luke is gorgeous (kind of reminds me of Orlando Bloom) but you're right...great voice, bad song choices. I thought Chikeezie was better last week. Yeah I think sometimes it is Simon's comments that get a fire lit under their ass & then they really bring it.

Yeah, Luke does sort of look like Orlando Bloom, but in my opinion he is one of the worst, I don't know if it's the song choices or his high pitched voice but I never liked him much. Jason is the one with the dreads, which isn't my usual attraction but u can tell he's a shy guy and i love that, plus...those hot baby blues! I also LOVE David Hernandez, he is a hottie hispanic guy and he has an excellent "pop" voice. The other guys are more rock. And the little David is a musical prodigy, but he is still really young and will have a lot more opportunities. I think one of the older guys should win. We shall see the girly girls tonight.

I really think the girls are going to have to do something pretty special tonight to outshine the guys. They were really good last night.

Ok, please don't slam me, but.... Did anyone notice that Paula seemed a bit "off" last night? Did anyone notice at the very end of the show when Ryan asked her about the show she tried to stand up and say something and was stumbling and Simon grabbed her by the wrist and told her she needed to sit down? What was up with that?

My dh and I call David Achuletta "porkchop" because of his last name (chuletta---if my nine years of spanish are serving me well)... Cracks me up every time. He's a terrific little singer, but is so sweet I want to puke every time I see him...Thank God I didn't have a bypass or I'd have a sugar body dumping issue from the sugar he oozes.. a little nauseating after a while.

Jason Castro did a phenomenal job last night...and he's hot under those mangy dreds... Having lived with a person with dreds in college, I am grossed out by how nasty they can be...and those are super long...

The hello guy did a good job..and I like the Aussie...otherwise they are totally forgettable (as simon would say).. Looking forward to the girls. I really like Brooke..she's got a cool little vibe...but is squeaky clean and bubble Gummy all at the same time. Interesting.

As for the judges...I cannot stand the way Randy butchers the English language. Paula couldn't find a coherant sentance with two hands a flashlight. Simon is truthful and beautiful (save those awful veneers).

What I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate about AI is how they always comment on the way the girls look....like--You look beautiful tonght, but it sucked-- they don't do that with the guys and it bugs the feminist in me...Big time!

Rain

Ok, please don't slam me, but.... Did anyone notice that Paula seemed a bit "off" last night? Did anyone notice at the very end of the show when Ryan asked her about the show she tried to stand up and say something and was stumbling and Simon grabbed her by the wrist and told her she needed to sit down? What was up with that?

Yes, I noticed and she was the same way tonight! What gives? She was all over the place and definitely couldn't concentrate tonight. And did you see how she was just laying all over Simon.........so weird, makes me wonder..........

Ok, so out of the guys, I really like Jason Castro and David Cook right now. It's still early, so it's possible my opinions may change.

I thought the girls did pretty good tonight. Out of the girls, my favorite is Brooke White. She seems so real, no put-ons, none of this trying to change mess. The rock girl (Amanda?) is the same way, very unique and true to herself. I think it's still too early to tell though.

Paula was definately off tonight. It was almost like Simon was holding her up. And when she tried to call one of the girls a dawg. She could hardly talk. Very weird. I like Brook as well. I also like the girl with the horses (I am horrible with names). jason Castro is my favorite of the guys.

Ok, so out of the guys, I really like Jason Castro and David Cook right now. It's still early, so it's possible my opinions may change.

I thought the girls did pretty good tonight. Out of the girls, my favorite is Brooke White. She seems so real, no put-ons, none of this trying to change mess. The rock girl (Amanda?) is the same way, very unique and true to herself. I think it's still too early to tell though.

Yes, Brooke & Amanda are the best girls in my opinion. Also they are the most "real" of the girls. They did awesome last night. I still think they are going to have to do better though to beat the guys. Yep, Paula is strange a lot of the times, but I think they are all funny as a team together. If were just one of them, I probably couldn't take it, but the 3 of them together are hilarious.

Paula definitely knows how to get press. It was embarrassing for some of the contestants last night though.

Can you imagine being a contestant and trying to carry the momentum through the performance and critique session so that when they show the number to vote, you'll want to vote for her.

I thought Simon and Paula were quite the distractors and incredibly rude to a couple of the girls.

On the other hand, it's what we seem to like. It's entertainment and it's one of the most popular shows on TV.

They are not stupid and the judges behavior last night makes me wonder if it was by design not only to be entertaining, but to have a very specific influence on the voting.Whatdaya think?

They are not stupid and the judges behavior last night makes me wonder if it was by design not only to be entertaining, but to have a very specific influence on the voting.Whatdaya think?

Definitely a possibility. I noticed that on a couple of the girls critiques, they were just all over the place (mainly paula). I think that would upset me if I were a contestant. Also, the last girl that performed, they really didn't say hardly anything. Don't know if they were out of time or what, but I thought it was pretty rude, considering they rambled on and on for all the others.

What I thought was rude was when Simon told that blonde (horrible with names) that she has no personality, and then when she said that she didn't know what that means, he refused to explain himself. I mean, come on, I know what he means, hell, I can't remember her name or what she sang, EVER, but that was pretty rude to give what he calls "constructive criticism" and then blow her off when she said she didn't understand. That kind of shit makes me want to punch him in the face.