Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol '08

smatyas

Yay Michael Johns! I loved his performance. That's what I've been waiting for from him. I've always wanted to like him, but found myself bored with him. Last night I had goosebumps. Even from the recap! LOL

David Cook is consistently great. I love his ability to take any song and make it into the kind of song that suits him. Billie Jean? Hello? Who woulda thunk it? And was there something different about his hair this week? It didn't look weird.

Syesha, I don't know why, but she hasn't won me over yet. Infidelity songs two weeks in a row, (Me and Mr. Jones, Saving all my Love) surely didn't help her case any.

Brooke, she delivered another solid performance, but I wasn't blown away.

David Archuleta, wrong song choice. He sang it well, but I didn't love it.

Contrary to what the judges said, I think Ramiele may be leaving this week. But, hey, I've been wrong before! smile.gif

I know poeple aren't going to like what I have to say but it's just my opinion.

I really think people give David A. waaaaaaaayyyyyyy to much credit. I think he needs to go but he seems to be a favorite so I bet he'll go far if not win it.:) He has had so much singing coaching/lessons starting from years ago even before he preformed on Star Search I think he should be better then what he is. He reminds me of someone who sings at DisneyLand. He's *cute*,he would be cuter with Mickey Ears on. LOL!

David Cook rocks!

Michael Johns did a great performance BUT I hate the faces he makes afterwards, like last night he stuck out his tongue....ewwwww.

David Castro.....still not sure about him.

Loved the song Kristi sang and think she deserves to be in a little while longer.

.........we'll see what happens tonight.:eek:

Oh and how could I forget: WHAT THE HE** is UP with Paula Abduls wordrobe? I really like her and think she is a beaut but the gloves last night with all the bling...... YIKES!

Edited by ronwifey

Someone forgot to tell Paula Abdul how old she is. And funky gloves went out with Michael Jackson.

I really, really hated to see Chekeezie go!! And Seyesha hasn't won me over yet either. I think she is stunningly beautiful and belongs on the big screen as a movie star. The way she sings is way too painful to watch.

Michael Johns is awesome. I hope he figures out that his demeanor - insecurities, etc. - are unattractive to see. He needs to realize what a crowd pleaser he is and deliver the goods. He can do it. He's done is more than a couple of times. I'm rooting for him.

David Archuleta got what was coming to him. He needs to consider his audience - just like everyone else does. I was very much with Simon on that one. It was a gaggy grade school rah-rah we are the world song.

David Cook was amazing. I don't know how he came by that arrangement of Billie Jean, but they all need to find his source.

And is it just me or is Carly kinds going downhill?

Wonder what they'll cook up for them to sing next week. Anyone know?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Just found this thread...I think it was Chekeezie's time to go. First of all - I hate David Cook's hair...it really really gets on my nerves. He is growing on me, but really needs a makeover - although I still don't like his attitude. He smirks way too much. I think he is getting overconfident...Speaking of hair - Jason Castro! He reminds me of John Travolta - minus 20 pounds of hair. I think Ramy has a great voice, but no confidence and is too young as is David A. "Gee Beeve aren't we clean cut and all American." He really needs to change things up. I like Brooke and Michael...I don't remember them stating what they will be singing next week. Did I miss it?

Love:

David Cook

Jason Castro

Michael Johns

Carly Smithson

Can't Stand:

David A.... over him, just as Simon says "indulgent"

Brooke //// she just works a nerve tho w/a good voice,

Remiele...cute but the baby voice is too much

The others are on the fence. I LOVED DC's version of Billie Jean! Best of the season..

Oh my Dolly Parton week.

Paula Abdul drives me nuts. I think she might be mildly retarded or something. She's never formed an entire sentence without tripping over it or screwing something up, and half the time when she finally gets all the words out, they don't even make sense together.

I think Simon is really letting his "mean judge" persona go to his head. I'm liking him less and less. I don't mind him telling them that they weren't good and even being brutally honest, but sometimes I think he's just being mean to be mean. I'm willing to bet that some of the times he says they were awful, he doesn't really think that.

I agree about David Cook's hair, it is annoying. But, his performance of Bille Jean was one of the best I have ever heard on any Idol. And, I don't like Jason's dreads, they look kind of dirty to me.

Brooke has slipped a bit, but I still like her and am hoping she comes back next week. I am so annoyed that Remiele is still there, she is the one who really, really bugs me. She is whiny and acts about 3. David A. has a great voice, but I don't think he is much of a performer. Maybe in a few years, with some maturity, but right now I just don't think he is an "American Idol".

I have been on vacation, so I just watched it last night!

I wasn't really suprised that Chekeezie left. He was never one of my favorites, but he did have a couple of good performances.

Brooke- My favorite girl by far! I love to hear her sing.

Carly- She's okay. She can definitely sing but there's just something about her that isn't clicking with me.

David A. - He's gotta go! I can't stand him.

David Cook- My overall favorite! I love him! I thought doing "Billie Jean" was going to be a bad choice, but he pulled it off! Sounded great!

Jason Castro- I started out really liking him, but he is slipping. He needs to step up his game, big time.

Kristy- I was very suprised, she did a really good job. She finally picked the right song!

Michael Johns- I like him a lot! He did an excellent job on his song!

Ramiele- She need to go too! She bugs the crap out of me!

Syesha- She has a good voice, but she bores me. She sounds the same almost every week, slow and boring.

Here's the thing, it almost seems to be better for these folks NOT to win American Idol! Think about it, other than Kelly Clarkson, no other American Idol winner has really taken off and been successful.. Then look at Clay Aiken, Daughtry, Elliot Yamin, and many more that were just in the top 10 but didn't "win".. heck, Josiah Leming got signed too.. and he didn't even make the top 24 this year, but he got recognized on the show and got quite a following. It seems that the people who do win aren't as successful... Me and my husband usually say "I like so and so, I hope they don't win". HA HA.

Dolly Parton week! Geez. This should get interesting. I'm guessing the country girl will be in her element this week. But I'm not so sure that David Cook or Brooke or Michael Johns or Carly will do too well. But the rest, Jason Castro, David A., Ramiele and Syesha should do fine with Dolly's little numbers.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dolly is talented and I love her personality and wit, but her songs all sound similar and not too American Idol-ish. That do ya'll think?

Has anybody seen anything of the guy who won year before last (I think) who had a kind of bluesy style and was from New Orleans? See, I've even forgotten his name! It's like he dropped off the face of the earth. Others from his show have been all over the place but as far as I know not him.

Good point, cool c.

Here's the thing, it almost seems to be better for these folks NOT to win American Idol! Think about it, other than Kelly Clarkson, no other American Idol winner has really taken off and been successful.. Then look at Clay Aiken, Daughtry, Elliot Yamin, and many more that were just in the top 10 but didn't "win".. heck, Josiah Leming got signed too.. and he didn't even make the top 24 this year, but he got recognized on the show and got quite a following. It seems that the people who do win aren't as successful... Me and my husband usually say "I like so and so, I hope they don't win". HA HA.

You are forgetting Carrie Underwood who won, and she is doing extremely well. Jordin Sparks is doing good.