Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 hours ago, Tripletsmom1971 said:

How are are all our June surgery ppl doing?? I think I’’m stalled! And have BEEN stalled for weeks! I feel good, I FEEL thinner, my clothes fit loosely, I’ve lost my boobs. I feel like everyone else is dropping weight like a hot potato, so that disheartens me.

Stalled? It says you lost over 50 pounds. Think about it....2-3 pounds a week will give you 8-12 a month which will give you 96-108 in a year. You are fine.

On 7/29/2021 at 12:38 PM, ClarkKent said:

1st of all cograts on the loss so far. 30 pounds that quick is pretty remarkable. I am 6 weeks out and I am only down a little over 30 since surgery. What was your suegery weight. 2nd I had this conversation with my doc Tuesday. Her advice was focus on non scale victories and that everyone will have stalls. She advised me not to weigh everyday or I would not focus on my weight loss with the correct mindframe.

The advice to not weight every day is MUCH easier said than done. The whole focus of our lives right now is weight loss, so not checking weight is worse than being hungry and sitting in front of a hot cheesy delicious pizza and not atleast smelling it and thinking about a slice.....not going to happen and you have to give in and weigh yourself.

3 minutes ago, Tony B - NJ said:

The advice to not weight every day is MUCH easier said than done. The whole focus of our lives right now is weight loss, so not checking weight is worse than being hungry and sitting in front of a hot cheesy delicious pizza and not atleast smelling it and thinking about a slice.....not going to happen and you have to give in and weigh yourself.

I myself and plenty of people I know weigh once a week. I mean if your whole focus in life is just weight you might need to rethink things. I am more excited about being healthy , fitting in new clothes, weight is a number.

1 minute ago, ClarkKent said:

I myself and plenty of people I know weigh once a week. I mean if your whole focus in life is just weight you might need to rethink things. I am more excited about being healthy , fitting in new clothes, weight is a number.

I get what you are saying albeit a little condescending. Unlike most people who are obese, I am quite healthy. I have normal glucose, blood pressure and cholesterol. I exercise very regularly and get around seamlessly. My sole focus is getting the weight off. I am sure that will bring me long term health improvements but right now, it is the weight that is of concern. I am sure there are others like me out there as well.

6 hours ago, Tripletsmom1971 said:

How are are all our June surgery ppl doing?? I think I’’m stalled! And have BEEN stalled for weeks! I feel good, I FEEL thinner, my clothes fit loosely, I’ve lost my boobs. I feel like everyone else is dropping weight like a hot potato, so that disheartens me.

I'm june 15th. I have lost 50 since my all time high. Had a stall, starting the Hair loss step! Not thrilled. I am still tired a lot of days. I wish I had more energy because I am not doing any worthwhile exercise. Eating has been ok, never dumped or had trouble with what I've tried. But, I definitely know when to stop. I hiccup and have the running nose effect. I'm still thankful I did it and looked forward to more milestones! good Luck JUNE BUDDIES!!

57 minutes ago, Tony B - NJ said:

I get what you are saying albeit a little condescending. Unlike most people who are obese, I am quite healthy. I have normal glucose, blood pressure and cholesterol. I exercise very regularly and get around seamlessly. My sole focus is getting the weight off. I am sure that will bring me long term health improvements but right now, it is the weight that is of concern. I am sure there are others like me out there as well.

Just now, ClarkKent said:

I assure you I wasn't bring condescending. please don't assume. You replied to my comment sir. People are on different journies here. Congratulations on being so healthy before surgery. You follow your path and I will follow mine . I just know weighing yourself and focusing on a number will lead to mental health issues. Look around here and many support groups. Have a blessed day and good luck on your journey!

Hi all! So nice to see so much activity on the thread! I was pleasantly surprised last week when I found out my program had changed their post-op guidelines and that I could officially move to all regular foods this week. It is so nice to eat food that has texture to it. My weight has been coming off at a nice pace. I'm officially 45 pounds down from my highest weight. I go out most nights for a 2-3 mile walk with my husband and dogs and find the walks are definitely getting easier. I still struggle to get my calories up to the 600 minimum they want me at, but, have been meeting my Protein goals every day. My nutritionist seems most focused on my protein and as long as I'm meeting that she seems satisfied. I have a feeling the calories will figure themselves out as I get settled in my new normal eating. I did go out to dinner with my husband for the first time in months. It was a tiny bit stressful just figuring out what to eat. We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and he was on "chip watch" and ensured they never made it to the table. We wound up ordering a single order of seafood fajitas. I put a couple shrimp, 2 pieces of crab, 2 scallops and a tiny bit of refried Beans and guacamole. That was plenty for me and my husband had the rest. In the end it was nice to be able to go out and know that I could navigate a situation like that.

Overall I am loving my success so far. I haven't had any issues and every food I eat seems to sit fine. I've even had foods I couldn't eat before that I find I can eat now, which, is a pleasant surprise. I have far fewer headaches, have fewer digestive issues, sleep better, have been getting rid of lots of clothes that are too big and just feel so much better all around. I'm excited about what the future holds and all the other things I will be able to do.

1 hour ago, NewMe_2021 said:

Hi all! So nice to see so much activity on the thread! I was pleasantly surprised last week when I found out my program had changed their post-op guidelines and that I could officially move to all regular foods this week. It is so nice to eat food that has texture to it. My weight has been coming off at a nice pace. I'm officially 45 pounds down from my highest weight. I go out most nights for a 2-3 mile walk with my husband and dogs and find the walks are definitely getting easier. I still struggle to get my calories up to the 600 minimum they want me at, but, have been meeting my Protein goals every day. My nutritionist seems most focused on my Protein and as long as I'm meeting that she seems satisfied. I have a feeling the calories will figure themselves out as I get settled in my new normal eating. I did go out to dinner with my husband for the first time in months. It was a tiny bit stressful just figuring out what to eat. We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and he was on "chip watch" and ensured they never made it to the table. We wound up ordering a single order of seafood fajitas. I put a couple shrimp, 2 pieces of crab, 2 scallops and a tiny bit of refried Beans and guacamole. That was plenty for me and my husband had the rest. In the end it was nice to be able to go out and know that I could navigate a situation like that.

Overall I am loving my success so far. I haven't had any issues and every food I eat seems to sit fine. I've even had foods I couldn't eat before that I find I can eat now, which, is a pleasant surprise. I have far fewer headaches, have fewer digestive issues, sleep better, have been getting rid of lots of clothes that are too big and just feel so much better all around. I'm excited about what the future holds and all the other things I will be able to do.

Wow...45 pounds in two months! Impressive

5 hours ago, Tony B - NJ said:

Update?

So...Very Happy with progress so far...went from 54 waist to 46 approaching 50 lbs of weight loss, sleep apnea is already gone. I find that I eat small portions 4-5x a day. The amount of food that is comfortable is approx 4 oz. Having to wait 1/2 hour to drink after eating is sometimes annoying but not overly so. Finding my way through the new way of living is challenging but acceptable. Dr Holover did a great job with my surgery and Mercy Hospital was a great place to get the sleeve. Only wish I did it 5 years earlier.

Edited by jjfesq

On 08/12/2021 at 10:27, Tony B - NJ said:

Stalled? It says you lost over 50 pounds. Think about it....2-3 pounds a week will give you 8-12 a month which will give you 96-108 in a year. You are fine.

Well, thank you for the vote of confidence! I just mean that I lost more weight ‘pre-surgery’ than I am now, after surgery. I know it takes time, but the pace has changed so dramatically!

10 hours ago, Tripletsmom1971 said:

I had surgery June 21st and I am down 31 lbs. since surgery. I had the dreaded 'stall' for an entire 3 weeks! My scale just started moving again 10 days ago and it has been consistently decreasing, albeit at a slower rate than right after surgery.

Even through the stall I weighed myself everyday and I am learning to take it as a data point, just like recording my food, Water, or exercise. In other forums many have said that more stalls will come. For me, I just want to be consistent in my actions, regardless of scale victories.

It is great to hear about everyone's progress!

16 hours ago, Tripletsmom1971 said:

Same here. With food and Protein Drink I get over 100 grams of Protein. I was told to out drink and it should pick up. I’ve lost a 4’inch bra extender 👐🏻👐🏻 I feel the slower it comes off maybe the less saggy you are doing great!

On 8/12/2021 at 6:05 AM, Tripletsmom1971 said:

Hey! Same here! my surgery was June 30th and I've had 2 stalls already. I am down 20lbs from surgery day. I see others losing faster but trying not to compare- this is my journey:) I am definitely starting to feel a difference in clothes and overall health. I am hoping the slow loss will help with the loose skin (possibly wishful thinking..lol)... I feel pretty good just still very tired, I am hoping my energy picks up soon. I am hitting all of my Protein. Water, Vitamin, and exercise goals. Wishing you much success on this journey!

On 08/12/2021 at 21:55, Jodikins67 said:

Same here. With food and Protein Drink I get over 100 grams of Protein. I was told to out drink and it should pick up. I’ve lost a 4’inch bra extender 👐🏻👐🏻 I feel the slower it comes off maybe the less saggy you are doing great!

I really HOPE the slow loss DOES help with the skin!!