Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

17 days post op. Everything seems to be going well. I certainly have a very simple routine of eating. Between the 2 week pre-op liquid diet and the 4 week post op liquid diet I am definitely finding myself longing for "real" food. I think I currently have every variety of low fat Soup that can be strained at this point. Popsicles help some, but, I look at what people post about what they are eating and am slightly envious. To say I'm looking forward to finally eating pureed food on 7/12 would be an understatement. I know it's temporary, but, lately, it's been hard. I finally put my scale away after no loss last week. I'm just going to keep focusing on the day to day and keep the faith that it will all work itself out. It definitely adds to the frustration of still doing liquids.

1 hour ago, Niquah said:

Thank you for the words of encouragement the anxiety is overwhelming I can't sleep.

Hang in there...I kept reminding myself that lots of people have this surgery and don't have any issues. I had researched my surgeon and felt good with my choice and had to trust his skills to get me through. The rest is just one day at a time. The first several days will be rough, but, after that things will improve. Deep breaths!

On 6/26/2021 at 3:34 PM, slim neek said:

Surgery June 22nd any twins

I was the 21st! CLOSE to twins!

45 minutes ago, Tripletsmom1971 said:

I was the 21st! CLOSE to twins!

I had mine on the 21st as well! How are you feeling?

11 minutes ago, Somber said:

I am ok, the incisions "pull" when I move wrong. I still have these "compression hose" on (2 weeks) and a belly band, I look like a clown! I FEEL ok, I wish I could have a chicken breast! My belly is flabby (swollen or fluids), it looks RIDICULOUS, but I MUST trust the process! How about you, how are you feeling?

New here. I had the sleeve 6/22/2021 in Mexico. Look forward to learning from this group.

15 hours ago, Somber said:

June 21st triplets! I can't believe that was only 8 days ago! When I think about how I felt in recovery until now, it is like night and day. I have my one week follow-up today and I can't wait to start incorporating full liquids - I never thought I would want a Protein Shake so bad. I am glad everyone is recovering well. June 2021 is epic 🙂

On 06/29/2021 at 09:55, PhenomenalWoman said:

June 21st triplets! I can't believe that was only 8 days ago! When I think about how I felt in recovery until now, it is like night and day. I have my one week follow-up today and I can't wait to start incorporating full liquids - I never thought I would want a Protein Shake so bad. I am glad everyone is recovering well. June 2021 is epic 🙂

I Wish I had a one week follow up! Mine is still a week away! I have questions!

3 hours ago, Dani64519 said:

Just want to thank everyone who has posted thier experiences. I am scheduled for VSG tomorrow! Yikes!?!? This forum has been very helpful in preparing me for what to expect over the next few weeks.

You got this! I had my VSG with hiatal hernia repair last Wednesday. Other than some nausea in recovery (which was quickly addressed by the nurse) and the discomfort of the CO2, none of my fears have come to pass. On the CO2 1) Ask for pain meds when you need them and 2) Walk around the ward when you can.
Good Luck!

Hey all! Just offering some hope to anyone struggling… I’m 3 weeks post op today and sitting pool side at our very large local Water park while the kids play. I have ventured into the wave pool and lazy river since my incisions are healed. Just no water slides yet lol. Brought my shakes and meals with me. Oh and I’m wearing a tangkini… left my usual tshirt snd shorts home. Good excuse to sit around and relax.
Wishing you all beautiful water park days ahead! ☀️

53 minutes ago, Santa Barbarian said:

You got this! I had my VSG with hiatal hernia repair last Wednesday. Other than some nausea in recovery (which was quickly addressed by the nurse) and the discomfort of the CO2, none of my fears have come to pass. On the CO2 1) Ask for pain meds when you need them and 2) Walk around the ward when you can.
Good Luck!

Thank you so much! :)

Hi all! How's everyone doing?

I'm a little over 3 weeks out now from my 6/11 surgery and I am in the final 6 days of my full liquid diet. I'm getting excited to move to purees on 7/12. Really, just for some variety in my days. I feel like I have mastered my current food schedule and am definitely looking forward to some veggies! I still have surgical glue on my belly which is starting to become annoying as it slowly begins to peel off. I'm really resisting just pulling it off at this point. My biggest challenge right now seems to be learning how to navigate the weekends. I often go out with my husband to run errands and things that I think would only take 1-2 hours somehow wind up taking much longer and I wind up missing a meal. I know that I should probably pack a bag and take it with me, but, for some reason I don't even think about it. So, something to work on for sure.

We are headed out for a long weekend of camping and hiking this weekend to Celebrate my daughter graduating and I am relieved to be feeling as good as I am. I was a little apprehensive of the trip given the timing, but, my activity has been pretty high and the doctor had no issues with me going. I'm still going to be cautious and not do some of the more strenuous trails we have done in the past and will have my camelback and shakes to keep my hydration up.

I've lost 30 pounds so far which has been exciting. I received so many compliments from my in-laws the other day I took a current photo to compare to my before and was shocked at the difference.