Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 minutes ago, Tony B - NJ said:

I really just started being hungry in the last week or two. I had the surgery on 8/31/21 and went a few weeks with little hunger. Now, I could eat every hour on the hour if I followed my hunger feelings. I think it is hunger, but not 100% sure from reading all these posts who insist it is not hunger....not sure what it is but it feels like I am hungry. I try drinking Water but it does not make the feeling go away.

I know I have read alot of stuff about being head hungry and not stomach hungry. I don't know if this is solid advice or will even help but when I am combating hunger I eat a sugar free popsicle and it helps me thru so much.

23 minutes ago, lizonaplane said:

I just had surgery 3 weeks ago and I'm hungry all the time, although I can't eat very much at once. Has your hunger settled down? Everyone always talked about not being hungry after surgery and then they just tell me I'm not really hungry!

Before I had surgery I heard about so many people not being hungry and was fully expecting that to be the case for me. Imagine my surprise when I started hearing my belly growl and start to feel light headed because I WAS hungry within a couple weeks of surgery! I have found that my hunger is much more manageable now. I do start to feel hungry about 3 hours after I eat, but, find that if I get distracted or busy by something it's very easy to put off eating. I try to be very diligent about ensuring I eat every 3-4 hours/5 meals a day (per my program) because I eat so little at each meal it's hard to hit my Protein goals if I don't eat when I'm supposed to. I think it's different for everyone, so, don't be worried if your experience isn't exactly the same as others.

Hi everyone. I had my sleeve on June 3rd. My weight loss is slower than many people, but the scale is still moving. I do cheat here and there, so I'm happy with my progress.

I am hungry a LOT. Sometimes I attribute it to head hunger, but often it's physical stomach rumbling. Drinking Water helps a little bit, but not always and never for very long. That's when my restriction tool saves me. I can only eat a small amount, where in the past, I would have stuffed myself.

Still feel like this is one of the best decisions I have ever made!

So my surgery was on May 26th but I am following those posts about both May and June surgeries. As of today I am down a total of 65 pounds and have lost a total of 45 inches all over. I am down from a Size 20 pant (that fit tight) to 14 and 16 pants! I now have the stamina to walk and run and am now doing reformer Pilates three days a week. As far as food, I am still not hungry and do not have cravings. However, that creates its own challenges as it makes it hard for me to motivate to eat or to figure out what to eat. As we all know we have to eat in order to lose. I have gotten to the point where I now have my staple “go to” foods always on hand! I get so much inspiration from reading everyone’s posts!