Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 minutes ago, Tony B - NJ said:

I really just started being hungry in the last week or two. I had the surgery on 8/31/21 and went a few weeks with little hunger. Now, I could eat every hour on the hour if I followed my hunger feelings. I think it is hunger, but not 100% sure from reading all these posts who insist it is not hunger....not sure what it is but it feels like I am hungry. I try drinking Water but it does not make the feeling go away.

I know I have read alot of stuff about being head hungry and not stomach hungry. I don't know if this is solid advice or will even help but when I am combating hunger I eat a sugar free popsicle and it helps me thru so much.

23 minutes ago, lizonaplane said:

I just had surgery 3 weeks ago and I'm hungry all the time, although I can't eat very much at once. Has your hunger settled down? Everyone always talked about not being hungry after surgery and then they just tell me I'm not really hungry!

Before I had surgery I heard about so many people not being hungry and was fully expecting that to be the case for me. Imagine my surprise when I started hearing my belly growl and start to feel light headed because I WAS hungry within a couple weeks of surgery! I have found that my hunger is much more manageable now. I do start to feel hungry about 3 hours after I eat, but, find that if I get distracted or busy by something it's very easy to put off eating. I try to be very diligent about ensuring I eat every 3-4 hours/5 meals a day (per my program) because I eat so little at each meal it's hard to hit my Protein goals if I don't eat when I'm supposed to. I think it's different for everyone, so, don't be worried if your experience isn't exactly the same as others.

Hi everyone. I had my sleeve on June 3rd. My weight loss is slower than many people, but the scale is still moving. I do cheat here and there, so I'm happy with my progress.

I am hungry a LOT. Sometimes I attribute it to head hunger, but often it's physical stomach rumbling. Drinking Water helps a little bit, but not always and never for very long. That's when my restriction tool saves me. I can only eat a small amount, where in the past, I would have stuffed myself.

Still feel like this is one of the best decisions I have ever made!

So my surgery was on May 26th but I am following those posts about both May and June surgeries. As of today I am down a total of 65 pounds and have lost a total of 45 inches all over. I am down from a Size 20 pant (that fit tight) to 14 and 16 pants! I now have the stamina to walk and run and am now doing reformer Pilates three days a week. As far as food, I am still not hungry and do not have cravings. However, that creates its own challenges as it makes it hard for me to motivate to eat or to figure out what to eat. As we all know we have to eat in order to lose. I have gotten to the point where I now have my staple “go to” foods always on hand! I get so much inspiration from reading everyone’s posts!

How are we feeling Junies?? Mine was 6/15 at Blossom. I see and feel the changes. Biggest complaints are Constipation and the dreaded Hair loss. I'm still doing 600-700 with 60-70 Protein with the 30 shake. I'm not sure how I would do it without the fairlife shake. Fluids are still hard for me, I premeasure 64 oz but I never finish. I give myself some leeway since I fill up on ice throughout the day. I always weigh on Tuesdays so hopefully I will be around 235 tomorrow.

Hey everyone. I'm about 3 months post surgery. Have to tell you, drinking those Protein Shakes are my biggest hurdle. I forget to eat often. I work from home and usually work straight through. My weight loss is close to 45 lbs but I feel it is slowing. I know it's because of my lack of intake. Looking for any tips to make protein/ meals more routine. I do not get hunger pains so it's tough.

1 hour ago, CanadianGrl said:

Hey everyone. I'm about 3 months post surgery. Have to tell you, drinking those Protein Shakes are my biggest hurdle. I forget to eat often. I work from home and usually work straight through. My weight loss is close to 45 lbs but I feel it is slowing. I know it's because of my lack of intake. Looking for any tips to make protein/ meals more routine. I do not get hunger pains so it's tough.

Eating at a set time helps. I eat at 6, 12 and 6 with Snacks at 9 and 3. This means I am eating something every three hours (protein shake counts as eating here). In the beginning I set alarms to remind me to eat.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Hi all! I had my surgery 6/11, so, just over 4 months post op. I'm down 64 pounds so far and the difference is amazing. I've been doing before and after pics every month and am so pleased with my progress. I've officially shrunk through my whole back log of clothes that were too small in my closet and have had to venture out to do minimal shopping. I'm trying not to invest a lot in clothes right now because I know they won't fit in a few months.

I second what ShoppGirl said - I have alarms set up on my phone at specific times that go off every day to remind me to eat. My plan has me eating 3 small meals and 2 Snacks, so, just like ShoppGirl, I'm eating about every 3 hours as well. I had gotten to the point with shakes that I literally just can't drink them. They upset my stomach and are just kind of revolting by the end. I think it's because I was on them for 6 solid weeks between my pre-op and post-op diet. I have worked really hard to ensure I am getting 60-80g of Protein a day without them and am able to do that consistently.

How's everyone doing on vegetables? I feel like by the time I get through my protein I only have room for maybe a couple bites of any vegetables I may have on my plate. This makes me a little sad as I've always loved veggies. Just curious how everyone else was doing in this area.

Another option for the Protein is the clear Protein Drinks. I found a good one in lemon flavor on Amazon that iced down is very good. You get 20 grams of protein in 16 ounces. It is called READY protein. I use it when I am not feeling like drinking a shake which is more and more the norm lately.

1 minute ago, Tony B - NJ said:

Another option for the Protein is the clear Protein Drinks. I found a good one in lemon flavor on Amazon that iced down is very good. You get 20 grams of Protein in 16 ounces. It is called READY protein. I use it when I am not feeling like drinking a shake which is more and more the norm lately.

I throw Premier Protein in my afternoon iced coffee like Creamer to help me out too.

@ClarkKent

It is a tough journey but I still know that this is the best decision I ever made weight loss wise. If anyone dare say to me I "took the easy way out" I swear I will slap them! Jk 😉

On 10/6/2021 at 9:35 AM, JustSJ said:

Hi everyone. I had my sleeve on June 3rd. My weight loss is slower than many people, but the scale is still moving. I do cheat here and there, so I'm happy with my progress.

I am hungry a LOT. Sometimes I attribute it to head hunger, but often it's physical stomach rumbling. Drinking Water helps a little bit, but not always and never for very long. That's when my restriction tool saves me. I can only eat a small amount, where in the past, I would have stuffed myself.

Still feel like this is one of the best decisions I have ever made!

I have the same problem! I am now 4 months post op. I don't lose weight every week and I believe that is partly to my psych make up and past history with food. If I get hungry I inevitably think I'm going to starve. As kids, we always went to bed hungry due to having a mentally deranged "mother." My husband tells me: You're not going to starve! So I tell myself: "You're not going to starve!" Cheating with food was an accepted norm for me because I didn't/don't want to feel like that deprived kid anymore. It's a struggle but I'm so glad I accepted the challenge to be on this journey. I can't wait until "I get there!"

On 10/7/2021 at 7:24 AM, pmorgan315 said:

So my surgery was on May 26th but I am following those posts about both May and June surgeries. As of today I am down a total of 65 pounds and have lost a total of 45 inches all over. I am down from a Size 20 pant (that fit tight) to 14 and 16 pants! I now have the stamina to walk and run and am now doing reformer Pilates three days a week. As far as food, I am still not hungry and do not have cravings. However, that creates its own challenges as it makes it hard for me to motivate to eat or to figure out what to eat. As we all know we have to eat in order to lose. I have gotten to the point where I now have my staple “go to” foods always on hand! I get so much inspiration from reading everyone’s posts!

What is your go-to food? I can't find anything that inspires me to eat anymore.

Edited by LadySunshyne

I know I have read alot of stuff about being head hungry and not stomach hungry. I don't know if this is solid advice or will even help but when I am combating hunger I eat a sugar free popsicle and it helps me thru so much.

Excellent idea! Sometimes we forget what works and need someone to remind us! [emoji1433][emoji1433][emoji1433]

Oikos Triple zero yogurt - 15 grams of Protein, P3 protein pack Snacks - they have about 12 to 15 grams of protein, grilled shrimp and green Beans, Protein Bars - typically about 12 grams of protein, and cheese with crackers. When I am working out I carry the Gatorade zero with protein.