Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello fellow June-eys! How is everyone doing? Are we nervous/excited about all the yummy food coming up for Christmas that we cannot eat? 🤣 I am still having alot of issues with trying food and tolerating it post surgery, so all the food over Christmas and New Years will be an interesting challenge.

I’m a juney! I’m still hanging on! I’ve lost 54 pounds, total since the beginning of my journey ( august 2020) is 111pounds. I’m not losing ‘very fast’, but I’m totally OK with it. I’m not perfect, but I aim for my Protein and Water, and get them in MOST days :) exercise at the gym at least 3 times a week.

I also have not been nauseous, AT ALL, I have not found a food I ‘can’t tolerate’, BUT I don’t ‘try crazy different foods’, I stick with what works for my schedule and routine. I know we are supposed to ‘switch it up’ so we don’t get bored. That’s NOT me, I’m boring, Protein Shake for Breakfast, tuna n cheese stick for lunch. Supper ‘varied’, usually chicken breast, and a carb smart ice cream for my ‘sweet’!

Team June 2021, I hit my 6 month mark today!

Since surgery, I am down a little over 80 pounds and a little over 100 pounds. Overall, I feel so much better! My daily feelings vary though. Some days I feel on top of the world (very healthy/slim) and other days, I feel like I have a long way to go and wonder if I will ever make it to goal (very fat). I have more good days than bad and I am happy for that. I move much better and exercise daily, either walking 3 miles, lap swimming, or playing adventure fit on the nintendo switch (aerobic exercise). I also lift weights three times a week. I thrive on consistency and I track everything.

In regards to the upcoming holidays, it has brought on emotional feelings and this is the first time I have had doubts about having surgery (so I can never eat three different types of dessert at one time again...like ever?) It has come on in the form of anxiety and I know my hormones are out of whack; I can quite literally feel them coursing through my body it seems. I am working through this and I think I figured out this wave of emotion is because I previously associated celebration, family, and relaxation with food very deeply. So, while I have no cravings or real fear about making healthy choices, I clearly need to re-read chapters that cover emotional eating and relationship with food.

May this holiday season be everything you desire - time with family, time alone, rest, a time to get pesky tasks done, inspiration to set new goals - whatever you need!

Take Care All!

Another June gal here. I'm down 40 lbs (but that includes the liver shrink). I have 10 lbs to get to my doctor's goal, but 20 to get to where I'd really love to be.

I was doing really well until I had a severe sciatica episode Thanksgiving weekend. I've had back issues for 10 years or so, with a few flare-ups, but this was the WORST. The nerve that controls my right leg was pinched and I couldn't use it at all. And unfortunately, I tried to stand on it and ended up falling and messing up my knee. Long story short, I was given a mega-NSAID by urgent care until I got to see the pain doc a few days later. And of course, I took it because I was in too much pain to care. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm able to walk now, but the only exercise I'm doing is PT. So hopefully I won't be tempted to go too far off my eating plan and gain. I've been cheating and eating more carbs than I'm supposed to. It's so hard when you don't feel well. Carbs are my comfort foods. But at least I can only tolerate a small amount of them.

Best to all of you!

Down 110 pounds since surgery on June 20. I’ve decided this week to not worry about losing and just maintain. I’ll start losing again next week. :)

I find that I can eat absolutely anything, just not a lot of it. Yes…you CAN have three dessert ( answering the above post), but just one bite of each. :) Not every day. Not even every other day. But once in a while.

I have begun to try and eat more normally in the past four weeks. I get in my Protein and nutrition….but I’ve begun to eat pizza and an occasional cookie or maybe tortilla chips with salsa. But I have two bites of pizza, one bite of a cookie, or 11 tortilla chips. I’m eating it all but very very consciously.

On 12/22/2021 at 1:19 AM, Tripletsmom1971 said:

I also have not been nauseous, AT ALL, I have not found a food I ‘can’t tolerate’, BUT I don’t ‘try crazy different foods’, I stick with what works for my schedule and routine. I know we are supposed to ‘switch it up’ so we don’t get bored. That’s NOT me, I’m boring, Protein Shake for Breakfast, tuna n cheese stick for lunch. Supper ‘varied’, usually chicken breast, and a carb smart ice cream for my ‘sweet’!

That's amazing you haven't had any reactions to food, I'm so happy for you! I use to have a protien shake every morning for Breakfast but 1. they are starting to make me nauseous (I think the smell not the taste) and 2. I can be lazy haha. Since it's summer where I live the last two weeks or so I have mostly been eating salad based meals. Not much protien which I know is naughty but I tell myself I get enough in all the cheese I eat 🤣. I have quite a few foods that my body no longer tolerates. one is the curried eggs that we only ever get made for us on Christmas day! last year I ate a dozen easy over two days, this year I ate half of one and felt terrible afterwards! Booooo very sad no more eggs. Ah well

Oh and congratz on the weight loss! Slow but steady and as long as your not gaining in my eyes is a win!!

Edited by bumblebee13

On 12/22/2021 at 1:53 AM, PhenomenalWoman said:

Team June 2021, I hit my 6 month mark today!

Since surgery, I am down a little over 80 pounds and a little over 100 pounds. Overall, I feel so much better! My daily feelings vary though. Some days I feel on top of the world (very healthy/slim) and other days, I feel like I have a long way to go and wonder if I will ever make it to goal (very fat). I have more good days than bad and I am happy for that. I move much better and exercise daily, either walking 3 miles, lap swimming, or playing adventure fit on the nintendo switch (aerobic exercise). I also lift weights three times a week. I thrive on consistency and I track everything.

In regards to the upcoming holidays, it has brought on emotional feelings and this is the first time I have had doubts about having surgery (so I can never eat three different types of dessert at one time again...like ever?) It has come on in the form of anxiety and I know my hormones are out of whack; I can quite literally feel them coursing through my body it seems. I am working through this and I think I figured out this wave of emotion is because I previously associated celebration, family, and relaxation with food very deeply. So, while I have no cravings or real fear about making healthy choices, I clearly need to re-read chapters that cover emotional eating and relationship with food.< br />
May this holiday season be everything you desire - time with family, time alone, rest, a time to get pesky tasks done, inspiration to set new goals - whatever you need!

Take Care All!

I've tried the adventure fit, I HATED the lifting your knees part - wonder if I'll be any better at it now?? I think I had it on easy too 😎 That is an incredible loss, well done you. Food regrets.. not being able to eat as much as you want and then be in food coma the rest of the day - however I found a solution, I ate everything I would normally eat in the 1-2 days over the course of a week. Small bit of steak here, different type of potato salad everyday (my tummy doesn't like potatoes but it's my favourite food, so a mouthful every other hour mwahaha..)

Happy New Year

On 12/22/2021 at 4:01 AM, JustSJ said:

Another June gal here. I'm down 40 lbs (but that includes the liver shrink). I have 10 lbs to get to my doctor's goal, but 20 to get to where I'd really love to be.

I was doing really well until I had a severe sciatica episode Thanksgiving weekend. I've had back issues for 10 years or so, with a few flare-ups, but this was the WORST. The nerve that controls my right leg was pinched and I couldn't use it at all. And unfortunately, I tried to stand on it and ended up falling and messing up my knee. Long story short, I was given a mega-NSAID by urgent care until I got to see the pain doc a few days later. And of course, I took it because I was in too much pain to care. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm able to walk now, but the only exercise I'm doing is PT. So hopefully I won't be tempted to go too far off my eating plan and gain. I've been cheating and eating more carbs than I'm supposed to. It's so hard when you don't feel well. Carbs are my comfort foods. But at least I can only tolerate a small amount of them.

Best to all of you!

I'm very sorry to hear about your flare up/episode. I hope you are doing better now!! Look after yourself, indulge every now and then and congratz on your weight loss so far!.

On 12/22/2021 at 5:03 AM, SBG said:

Down 110 pounds since surgery on June 20. I’ve decided this week to not worry about losing and just maintain. I’ll start losing again next week. :)

I find that I can eat absolutely anything, just not a lot of it. Yes…you CAN have three dessert ( answering the above post), but just one bite of each. :) Not every day. Not even every other day. But once in a while.

I have begun to try and eat more normally in the past four weeks. I get in my Protein and nutrition….but I’ve begun to eat pizza and an occasional cookie or maybe tortilla chips with salsa. But I have two bites of pizza, one bite of a cookie, or 11 tortilla chips. I’m eating it all but very very consciously.

That is an amazing loss, you are definitely doing something right! I am also not too focused on weight loss at the moment, or should I say I wasn't - going to get back into it, been giving away all the chocolate and alcohol I was given over Christmas and New Year (I'll admit I did sample some of them 😉) I think I have had one piece of pizza since surgery, potato chips are my weakness but i always measure out a serving - like 14 chips and do not over do it. I'm not a sweet person, very savory and salty is my way to go. Happy New Year

12 hours ago, bumblebee13 said:

That's amazing you haven't had any reactions to food, I'm so happy for you! I use to have a protien shake every morning for Breakfast but 1. they are starting to make me nauseous (I think the smell not the taste) and 2. I can be lazy haha. Since it's summer where I live the last two weeks or so I have mostly been eating salad based meals. Not much protien which I know is naughty but I tell myself I get enough in all the cheese I eat 🤣. I have quite a few foods that my body no longer tolerates. one is the curried eggs that we only ever get made for us on Christmas day! last year I ate a dozen easy over two days, this year I ate half of one and felt terrible afterwards! Booooo very sad no more eggs. Ah well

Oh and congratz on the weight loss! Slow but steady and as long as your not gaining in my eyes is a win!!

I'm kinda "over" eggs too. Not saying I CANT eat them, just like if I see some deviled eggs, I'll TRY to have one, I THINK it's the texture thing for me. I feel like I LIVE on cheese, Protein Shakes, chicken breast, Greek yogurt. tuna packets.

Off topic, but I STAY COLD! My blood levels are fantastic! My B12 was high, but doc said that's pretty standard. So my 6 month check up was great. "keep on doing what you are doing" they said.

I am celebrating! I finally reached a 100 lbs. down since surgery. Yay!

I want to be honest, since I see so many success stories here and I know I can't be the only one struggling.

I am not doing well at all. I did lose about 50 pounds, which was great, but since then, I have been stuck at around the same weight since November. I haven't really gained any weight, but I also haven't lost any since then. It's strange. My body is just stuck. So, I have hovered between 250 and 255 since November and cannot get out of that area. I cannot seem to get below 250.

I'm not sure if this is my body rebelling. Because prior to last year when I reached my highest weight of over 300 pounds, I had weighed around 250-260 for about 5 years or so.

It's frustrating because it feels like the surgery was a waste right now. Maybe I will be able to get out of this rut soon and start losing again. I don't know. I feel like I am losing hope.

5 minutes ago, Aliana Wood said:

I want to be honest, since I see so many success stories here and I know I can't be the only one struggling.

I am not doing well at all. I did lose about 50 pounds, which was great, but since then, I have been stuck at around the same weight since November. I haven't really gained any weight, but I also haven't lost any since then. It's strange. My body is just stuck. So, I have hovered between 250 and 255 since November and cannot get out of that area. I cannot seem to get below 250.

I'm not sure if this is my body rebelling. Because prior to last year when I reached my highest weight of over 300 pounds, I had weighed around 250-260 for about 5 years or so.

It's frustrating because it feels like the surgery was a waste right now. Maybe I will be able to get out of this rut soon and start losing again. I don't know. I feel like I am losing hope.

Hey there! You are not alone! I had surgery at the end of June and am down 59 lbs (which is great!) but having lots of stalls and losing very, very slowly. I am sticking to the plan, keeping calories no more than 1200 a day and exercising 30-60 minutes a day. I feel like I should be making more progress. Sigh.. I am just keeping to the plan and hoping it'll come off eventually. Congratulations on your 50lb loss!

45 minutes ago, Aliana Wood said:

You are definitely not alone in that, I stalled and battled those same exact lbs (250-255). I had an appt with my dietician who suggested I had finally hit the point of needing to add the gym in as my usual walking wasn’t working anymore. I’ve now dropped below 250 and broke my stall. Have you tried switching up your exercising?