Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ChubRub's Plastic Surgery Thread

36 minutes ago, ChubRub said:

Thanks for the sleeping tips! I'm propping my head/upper torso up with pillows, and also have a pillow under my knees. My own version of a craftmatic adjustable bed! LOL!!

I'm in Naples!

Now I remember, my Mom knows someone in Naples - I bet you have some beautiful nature preserves by you. The one and only thing I love about Florida is the wildlife. Especially the birds. Love at first sight! I just had a little 15X zoom panasonic Lumix but I tried. I remember seeing the Roseate Spoonbill the first time just a splotch of pink in a tree at night. But I do love alligators, lizards, butterflies, dragonflies ... I can live without invasive insects though now thats a story I wont get into.

We came in 2012 for a visit and basically never left 🤣 we were staying in my mother's brother's condo for a while. circumstances had it that my Mom had opportunity to move here and I did not want her to let it go, but in order to afford living here we had to move in together. Long story. I had to pack and put in a single small moving unit (I forget what its called) our two apartments. well at least we were already neighbors ... anything we couldnt bring I had to give up to family or donate. like my brand new IKEA couch (thats how unplanned it was)

I go off on Tangents too much 😂 I hope you are keeping comfortable and your incisions are healing well. Try taking turmeric gummies for the swelling. If you can find Garden of Life brand I liked that one best. Its my favorite multi Vitamin as well. Not always in my budget though but its the best. since its whole food based. I also took a lot of collagen (still do) along with a hair, skin, nails Gummy vitamin. there is a Biocell chew that has collagen and turmeric too.

10DPO!

Took some updated measurements...still on the hunt for a tiny waist! LOL!!

Pre-op: 117lbs; 36-29-35.5

10DPO: 113lbs; 38-28-34.5

Hoping that my waist gets smaller as swelling goes down! Guessing the weight loss is from the skin removal, as I'm still pretty full of fluids, and would have thought my weight would be a little higher b/c of it.

My hips went down an inch, which isn't a bad thing as I used to have 2 pockets of skin that sat on my hip bones and are now gone (sucked up into the TT). Once I'm cleared to lift weights, etc, I hope to build up my glutes and get that hip measurement a little bigger, but for now, I'm glad to be rid of those skin pockets!

Omg that is so awesome!!! I’m still up on my scale!! So happy for you!!
I think mine is several things:A-I’m eating and snacking more being home all the time. B-fluid and swelling and then C-perhaps the new girls I’m sporting up top lol

2 hours ago, Kris77 said:

Omg that is so awesome!!! I’m still up on my scale!! So happy for you!!
I think mine is several things:A-I’m eating and snacking more being home all the time. B-fluid and swelling and then C-perhaps the new girls I’m sporting up top lol

I vote C!! LOL!!!!

I was not very good at keeping measurements pre and post op. I did probably lose and inch to an inch and a half in my waist, my hips like 1.5" also my underbust area is smaller my bust gained 2" projection Id say? yet my overall weight did go up a little bit post op. perhaps mainly due to some challenges Im having. sometimes its reasonable I mean for the most part except after some recent tests its below my goal.

sorry. Im tired. I wanted to buy a bed wedge I never did for the foot of the bed or whatever I rolled up a weighted blanket I had and propped a pillow on that but this might be something you might be interested in
https://www.amazon.com/Cooling-Bed-Wedge-Pillow-Adjustable/dp/B088C4Q3JP/ref=sr_1_43?dchild=1&keywords=Gel+Firm+Memory+Foam+Standard+Wedge+Pillow&qid=1611353815&sr=8-43

I got some good bras on Amazon as well.

keep wearing the Faja. I wear mine to bed. And do try the Turmeric and also limit salt intake for a bit. Hopefully the swelling will come down. maybe you need some massage with some oils. One nice thing about the Hospital BC I got lymphatic massage each day I was there. Couldnt have it at home but I think it helped.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SG5H8KF/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=ARDJXY8HB6KO5&psc=1

13DPO!

Had another post op visit today. Got my boob tape removed and reapplied, and had 2nd drain removed. I’m no down to one drain! Yay!

I’m a lot more mobile and have gotten pretty good at hiding my drain by tucking it in high waisted leggings!

Once my jacket it zipped up, I almost look normal! Lol!

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

On 1/22/2021 at 5:33 PM, Darktowerdream said:

I wanted to buy a bed wedge I never did for the foot of the bed or whatever I rolled up a weighted blanket I had and propped a pillow on that but this might be something you might be interested in
https://www.amazon.com/Cooling-Bed-Wedge-Pillow-Adjustable/dp/B088C4Q3JP/ref=sr_1_43?dchild=1&keywords=Gel+Firm+Memory+Foam+Standard+Wedge+Pillow&qid=1611353815&sr=8-43

ooohhh i'm in the market for a bed wedge right now (i have found i prefer to sleep pretty propped up these days).

Do you have this one?

52 minutes ago, ChubRub said:

13DPO!

Had another post op visit today. Got my boob tape removed and reapplied, and had 2nd drain removed. I’m no down to one drain! Yay!

I’m a lot more mobile and have gotten pretty good at hiding my drain by tucking it in high waisted leggings!

Actually, they drains look pretty invisible with the jacket open...I had to look hard for the small bump. But of course the laynard disappearing into your pants is a bit of a hint, lololzzzz.

The curves are looking fab, lady!

1 hour ago, ChubRub said:

13DPO!

You look fantastic! So excited for you!😊

On 01/25/2021 at 09:59, ChubRub said:

13DPO!

You look amazing!!!

8 hours ago, ms.sss said:

ooohhh i'm in the market for a bed wedge right now (i have found i prefer to sleep pretty propped up these days).

Do you have this one?

@ms.sss Honestly I researched them endlessly to buy one but couldn't budget it in :( I get emails with deals and this happened to be in one of them just recently its one of the best I have seen of the bed wedges since its adjustable and also a cooling memory foam.

9 hours ago, ChubRub said:

13DPO!

Looking great @ChubRub

my drain was in longer than most. I didnt bother hiding it when I went out 🤣 which wasnt all that often. I even have of tohose belt things with a pocket for it but never used it. I took my drain out myself when it was time. We waited until the output was low enough. I was surprised I only had the one drain for three surgeries.

On 12/22/2020 at 4:15 PM, ChubRub said:

I've enjoyed reading everyone's plastic surgery threads, and since I'm 3 weeks out from surgery, I thought I would start my own! I'm going to make up for all of the WLS mistakes I made (not taking "before" photos or measurements), and plan to track my PS progress much better!!

So here's where I am to date! I originally planned on having a CTT (circumferential Tummy Tuck, also known as a lower body lift) along with a BR/BL/BA (breast reduction, lift, and then adding implants back in for fullness). Plans have changed slightly since then, and I've also changed surgeons. The original surgeon I was going to does great work, but the surgery center he works for is very unorganized. I was initially willing to put up with the chaos to get that particular surgeon, but there was story after story of women getting their surgeries canceled at the last minute, and it was adding too much stress to what I want to be a really fun and exciting process.

The new surgeon suggested a different approach, and I really like her thoughts on it. Instead of a CTT she wants to address only the front of me (tummy and breasts) so that she can remove more skin from my tummy and leave me in that post Tummy Tuck hunched over position. With the CTT she wouldn't be able to take as much off the front b/c of the posterior incision. So my goal for round 1 is to look great from the front! LOL!! I really like how she explained it, and am excited!

Also I'm now down to a 34D, and the lift itself will reduce a little bit, so now I'm just a BL/BA (no more BR).

I've completed my pre-op testing (mammogram, chest xray, EKG, bloodwork), and will head down to Florida next week. I covid test upon arrival then report to the office on 1/6 for my pre-op visit. Surgery is on 1/12, and she wants me to stay in town for at least 4 weeks, but better yet would be 6 weeks after surgery.

Since I'm working from home due to Covid anyway, and have a place to stay in Florida, I'm 100% on board with the stay requirements! Something good to come out of Covid!! LOL!!!

So that's where I am for now, and look forward to updating with my progress as the weeks go by!!

I'm real happy for you and how well your doing I know it's a personal question but would you mind giving the name of your surgeon