Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ChubRub's Plastic Surgery Thread

On 2/3/2021 at 1:08 PM, ChubRub said:

Getting more and more used to the faja. Have it on the 2nd row of hooks.

It looks silly, but I decided to leave the crotch flap open and just wear a pair of panties over the faja. It’s more comfortable and feels more sanitary. Added bonus is that the faja gives me a tiny booty!

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

looking awesome! my Faja does not have a flap so I did wear my underwear over it but not as nicely matched as yours! I still feel when I swell especially when it gets humid, but also have issues separate from the surgeries. I ended up not using any silicone strips ... I just have no patience (or funds) for things like that ... I did use a natural ointment vs antibiotic with propolis, silver, tee trea oil blend. I use natural exfoliation scrub and lotion as just regular shower routine. but not anything special for scars for a while. my surgeon recommended kinetic tape but I did not try it. I do sleep with the Faja on. though I have taken a bit of a break here and there from it.

On 2/6/2021 at 8:17 PM, Darktowerdream said:

looking awesome! my Faja does not have a flap so I did wear my underwear over it but not as nicely matched as yours! I still feel when I swell especially when it gets humid, but also have issues separate from the surgeries. I ended up not using any silicone strips ... I just have no patience (or funds) for things like that ... I did use a natural ointment vs antibiotic with propolis, silver, tee trea oil blend. I use natural exfoliation scrub and lotion as just regular shower routine. but not anything special for scars for a while. my surgeon recommended kinetic tape but I did not try it. I do sleep with the Faja on. though I have taken a bit of a break here and there from it.

My surgeon gave me the silicone strips today! I will try them out in a bit! I definitely plan on using lots of oils once my scars are more healed too. I love the smell of tea tree!!

1 hour ago, ChubRub said:

My surgeon gave me the silicone strips today! I will try them out in a bit! I definitely plan on using lots of oils once my scars are more healed too. I love the smell of tea tree!!

this is a balm I used, not as thick but I liked it

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YN6TT33/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

post shower wound care cleanse I used before drying off

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YNP9ZA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comfortable bras

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B4GTKRZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

another thing thats very good is Tamanu Oil! I highly recommend it. I used mine until it ran out ... its good for many things.

It’s been a little over 3 months, so here are some updated progress pics! Scar continues to fade, but it’s not like anyone sees it anyway! I love my flat tummy and someday will treat myself to a spray tan so I can really enjoy it! Lol!!

Loving my new body!

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

On 05/05/2021 at 09:44, ChubRub said:

It’s been a little over 3 months, so here are some updated progress pics! Scar continues to fade, but it’s not like anyone sees it anyway! I love my flat tummy and someday will treat myself to a spray tan so I can really enjoy it! Lol!!

Loving my new body!

Looking awesome! Are you still wearing your faja or other compression? I quit about a month ago, didn’t seem to make any difference. Your TT scar is fading faster than mine, but even so I’m thrilled with my results. I’ve dropped 13 lbs post op (he said he took off 11 lbs of skin, so a true loss of just 2 lbs weight), don’t see any issues due to that.

6 hours ago, kristieshannon said:

Looking awesome! Are you still wearing your faja or other compression? I quit about a month ago, didn’t seem to make any difference. Your TT scar is fading faster than mine, but even so I’m thrilled with my results. I’ve dropped 13 lbs post op (he said he took off 11 lbs of skin, so a true loss of just 2 lbs weight), don’t see any issues due to that.

I stopped wearing the faja at the end of March. I don't feel like I swell at all, so didn't seem like I needed it.

Wow on losing 13 lbs since PS! I lost 4 lbs post op, but don't know how much my skin weighed. Now I want more PS! LOL!!!

Wow @chubrub you look amazing!!!
Swimsuit ready girlfriend!!!

On 5/5/2021 at 9:44 AM, ChubRub said:

Loving my new body!

@ChubRub I have wanted to say something and just have been overwhelmed and exhausted but you look absolutely amazing! I would like some touch ups too but doubt it is in the cards for me. Flat Tummy looking awesome it is a win for sure. helps make feel that hard work of the WLS journey was worth it. To see the excess skin gone too.

I am finding I might have a connective tissue disorder that effects collagen so no amount of collagen supplements can help my skin or joints I worry return of laxity and already have some in areas (calves, back of knees, inside of knees) seeking diagnosis. of course there is more pressing issue to do with bones and joints and such. Just frustrating. I have not had anyone to talk to. I found out it tends to effect people who have had Gastric bypass surgery (digestive problems) so all signs are there since I am having major issue there even now two years out. likely due to this not the WLS itself.

sorry went off on Tangent. I cant stay in a straight line. Just why I have not been around much. Keeping it vague because I dont want to take away from your awesome post. My scars are mostly fading pretty well and I am reaching my one year post plastics very soon.

@ChubRub I hope you are continuing to do well. I thought about starting a new topic but I am too chicken 🤣 I kind of acclimated myself to the idea of swimsuits by walking around in my underwear (around the house alone of course) and slowly wearing different clothes. and finally got myself to get into a swimming pool. Trying to go each day but boy do I pay! The hefty price of living with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Post Exertional Malaise. I can barely do much else. I mean its nice being in the Water albeit the pain is there but yet you can kind of turn focus elsewhere in a way. Last time I genuinely was in a pool was as a kid. I was never good at traditional swimming. My thing is swimming under the water. People cant figure out how I can sit on the bottom of the pool ... But I can't doggy paddle or float.

Have you been swimming yet? with the heat as it is. Its a necessity to even be outside at all ... I actually got myself to wear two piece swimsuits. Not full on Bikini. Thats just not my thing. And there is a lot of gossip at the pool already ... dont need more. get enough commentary on swim shorts and a crop top.

dealing with some digestive issues the pool is a distraction.

Time to resurrect this thread as I’m heading back in for Round 2 and 3!

First of all, I’m pleased to report that I’m still loving my results from my MMO!

Current pic plus closeup of my scar which is nearly invisible! I’m so pleased with the scar that I decided to go for it and get the arm lift and thigh lift done. Would rather have the scars over the saggy skin and I’m tired of wearing long sleeves and pants to cover up.

Before that though, I’ll be heading in for a facelift. Surgery is tomorrow. I’m so excited!

Ok let me upload my updated MMO pics and then I’ll be right back to post my gross neck pics! Lol!!

Ok, so like I said, tomorrow is my facelift! I’m getting lower facelift with fat transfer to nasal folds and marionette lines and a lower bleph for under my eyes.

Taking these pics at the most unflattering angle so you can really see the loose skin that I want to fix!!

So to recap! Lol! Tomorrow is the fade and then I go back in August for arms and thighs. Super excited to be contingent my plastics journey!

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

Very excited to follow your FL journey. It's on my list!

Hey!! So excited to see your results!!!!
Good luck tomorrow!! Keep us updated!!🙏🏻

Surgery was yesterday, and it went great. My pain is minimal. Feels like i just had some dental work done, but the pain meds are really doing their job! I had a quick post-op visit this morning, where they removed my gauze and gave me a compression garment. I will wear the garment 24/7 for the next 2 weeks, After that, I will just wear it when I'm sleeping.

Not sure if I mentioned, but for the fat transfer, She used Lipo to take the fat from my inner knees. She said that knee fat is stubborn which makes it great to use for tat transfers. I also get the added bonus of getting a little jump start on my thigh lift,

I go back on Tuesday to get my sutures removed. Also, I'm allowed to take a shower tomorrow night! Woo hoo!!

That's all for now!! 🙂