Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much are you eating a year out?

Just wanted to know how much are you guys eating ounce wise a year out or what were you eating for those who are years out. Wanted to know since I’m afraid I’m gonna stretch my pouch.

I pretty much eat anything - But I do not really sit down and eat a meal I snack and pick through out the day. I am actually trying to gain a little weight but can not sit and eat a whole meal just to hard to do

26 minutes ago, Mr Alley Gator said:

I pretty much eat anything - But I do not really sit down and eat a meal I snack and pick through out the day. I am actually trying to gain a little weight but can not sit and eat a whole meal just to hard to do

Good to know I'm not the only one! I rarely eat a real meal either. I eat mini-meals throughout the day. It generally looks something like this:

1. 6 AM: Morning latte (made with Kitu Super coffee, no sugar)

2. 8 AM: 1 scrambled egg

3. 10 AM: Yogurt

4. 12 PM: 1 chicken thigh

5. 3 PM: sugar-free pudding

6. 7 PM: handful of almonds

8. Nighttime snack: cheese stick

It usually amounts to about 800-900 calories and 60-75g of Protein. In order to hit my protein goal, everything I eat practically has protein in it. I don't restrict calories, but I do try to keep carbs low.

At least you are organized Have to be honest here was yesterday Below is approx times! I am actually trying to gain weight so eating high calorie things - have to get to 2000 a day or I loose weight

7 am Diet Coke

7:30 smoothie Bannan/Vegie Powder/Fruit Powder/ Vitamins powder/ Probiotic yogurt ice Protien 20 oz cup This gives me 3 times the vitamins and minerals i need for the day - Just can not eat eneogh during the day to get to my levels

0 am Eggs/cheese/hashbrowns - Picked at it for over a hour on my desk

10 am Cookie

11 Muscle milk smoothie loaded with Protein - cross fit time 11:15

12 cheese and crackers

3 Clam chowder and oyster crackers

5 Two Vodka drinks

7 Cookie again Lights out

EVERYONE DO NOT FOLLOW MY PROGRAM IT SUCKS AND IS NOT CORRECT! BUT AFTER FOLLOWING A RIGOUROUSE MANAGED PROGRAM LAST YEAR THIS IS HELPING ME MUSCLE UP AND PUT SOME POUNDS ON!

I go by calories now and have since I hit maintenance. I can maintain my weight on 1500-1700 calories a day, so I try to stay in that range.

you probably won't stretch your stomach unless you're constantly overstuffing it.

6 hours ago, Mr Alley Gator said:

5 Two Vodka drinks

- I just had my VSG and one of my biggest future concerns is about alcohol. I enjoy my drinks and I haven't seen too many people mention alcohol in their diets. Can you share more with me about it? When did you start drinking? How is your tolerance pre- and post- surgery?

Welcome to the forums.

You need to stick with your program. If you are worried about stretching your pouch then you already know you could be doing better on that score.

There is nothing someone here is not eating and in volumes too large for a sustainable plan. But, you also don't know if they are going to be successful at losing and/or keeping their weight off.

You need to work your plan the way you know you should. You are building your habits that you will need for the rest of your life.

I'm 17+ years post-op. I never cared what other people could or couldn't eat.

You can do it. Really.

Good luck,

Tek

^^^ what he said. Yes - there are unfortunately a lot of folks who don't make it to goal - and/or regain a bunch of weight after hitting goal. They let old habits sneak back in - or they're often trying to push the envelope. So I wouldn't assume that if someone is eating this or that, that they've been - or will be - successful at this.

I think I’m one of the unusual ones as I eat a lot now & eat all day but my metabolism is seriously working over time. Some days I have to make myself eat cause I’m just not hungry so I try to be very routine in what & when I eat. I can lose 500g if I miss a meal or snack over two days. It took me a few months slowly adding food until I where I am now. My doctors have been wanting me to put on a couple of kgs since January but I haven’t been able to. I’ve actually lost about another 4.5kg in that time. (Told to eat more again by doctor last week - don’t know how I can physically do so.) And I don’t exercise - can’t afford to burn the calories.

8:30 - 1 sachet rolled oats + about 200ml lactose free milk + 15 blueberries (10g protein)

11:30 - 300ml green tea + 6 vita weat multigrain crackers with liverwurst (eat over 60-90 mins) (5g protein)

1:30 - string cheese (5g protein)

3pm - 2 cups salad - combination of lettuce, cucumber, pickled onion, 50g chicken or 100g prawns + dressing (eat over an hour) (10-15g protein)

5pm - 160g tub yo pro yogurt 15g protein)

6:30 - about 80g meat (beef, lamb, pork, seafood) & half cup vegetables (mix of Beans, sugar snap peas, asparagus, broccolini or cauliflower). (15g protein)

8pm - fruit (rockmelon, grapes, red paw paw) or 1/3 cup chia pudding (made on milk, milk powder & vanilla extract) or Protein Bar (10g protein)

Seems a crazy amount I know but one day my metabolism will slow again & I’ll have to drop the Snacks.

16 hours ago, Jaelzion said:

It usually amounts to about 800-900 calories and 60-75g of Protein. In order to hit my Protein goal, everything I eat practically has protein in it. I don't restrict calories, but I do try to keep carbs low.

Hey Jaelzion how are you getting in that much protein with what you eat? I only get in about 60g.

12 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Hey Jaelzion how are you getting in that much Protein with what you eat? I only get in about 60g.

Pretty much everything I eat is either naturally high in protein (like the meat, eggs, yogurt and cheese) or fortified with protein (the coffee and the pudding). Even the almonds have 6 grams of protein. Notice there are no veggies or fruit really - that's because I don't have the capacity to eat things without significant protein and still hit my goal of at least 60 and preferably 75g per day. Over time, hopefully I'll be able to eat more and I can add fruit/veggies back in to some extent.

I’m 14 months out and closing in on goal, so am still in weight loss mode. Here’s a typical day:

6am: Premier Protein shake mixed with cold brew coffee

9am: Ooikos triple zero yogurt

Noon: Frozen meal (I have 4 or 5 I rotate through, only can eat about 2/3 of a meal)

3pm: 1oz roasted pumpkin seeds

6pm: 3oz meat, 1/3 c veggies, sometimes a sm serving (1/4 cup-ish) whatever starch the family is having

8pm 2 cups popcorn

I’m usually around 1100 calories or so, waking 15,000 steps/day and going to a kickboxing class 3x/week

Although I’m still focused on losing about 9 more pounds I’m just a touch worried about moving in to maintenance and upping calories. I’m fortunate that my restriction is still in full force. I think I’ll have to up the cal content of my Snacks and my meals completely fill me up already.

I go by calories now and have since I hit maintenance. I can maintain my weight on 1500-1700 calories a day, so I try to stay in that range.
you probably won't stretch your stomach unless you're constantly overstuffing it.
Do you stay within a certain carb amount, daily?

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

17 minutes ago, Beachladee3 said:

Do you stay within a certain carb amount, daily?

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

no - I don't count carbs anymore. Although I rarely eat "bad" carbs - my carbs are usually fruit, vegetables (even the starchier variety), and whole grain products.

I do know some people who are a ways out from surgery who still restrict their carbs, though. I think some people are just really carb sensitive. I don't think I am.

Edited by catwoman7

On 10/30/2020 at 3:15 PM, nicolenat said:

On 10/30/2020 at 3:15 PM, nicolenat said:

Two Vodka drinks

- I just had my VSG and one of my biggest future concerns is about alcohol. I enjoy my drinks and I haven't seen too many people mention alcohol in their diets. Can you share more with me about it? When did you start drinking? How is your tolerance pre- and post- surgery?

I am not a good example of following the rules, That is what got me into this health mess. I had a drink about two weeks after surgery Vodka and Gatoraid. At six months i found i could drink without having any issues besides the calories. Now i drink about every other day socially and you have to be careful you addiction to food does not switch to booze. I defiantly can see i have a stronger desire now to drink then before surgery. My doctor said use your best judgement but keep it to a min

On 11/10/2020 at 8:54 AM, Mr Alley Gator said:

I am not a good example of following the rules, That is what got me into this health mess. I had a drink about two weeks after surgery Vodka and Gatoraid. At six months i found i could drink without having any issues besides the calories. Now i drink about every other day socially and you have to be careful you addiction to food does not switch to booze. I defiantly can see i have a stronger desire now to drink then before surgery. My doctor said use your best judgement but keep it to a min

You make a great point about transfer addiction. I'm preparing for surgery and there is a lit out there about WLS patients drinking alcohol after surgery. Luckily I never drank alcohol so that's not a concern for me, but i wonder what might be something I need to watch out for since eating will be less.