Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obsessing about Plastic Surgery!!

3 hours ago, ChubRub said:

@Darktowerdream I keep checking to see if you've posted yet! Woo Hoo!!! I can imagine how exhausting the first few days are, so thank you so much for checking in!

I have no idea about pooping in a faja, but it's a very good question for the experts!!!

Rest well, and I look forward to reading your updates as you continue to recover!!!

I couldn’t manage much Tuesday. Today was exhausting. I think I feel slightly more human. And now that I can take my own medication and am maneuvering myself a little better, hopefully that helps me sleep tonight. I need some sleep. I think the jet lag got to me. The time difference. I had three procedures together, it’s quite a lot. But the only way I could do this. Keep an eye on Hospital BC. Part of me is nervous. You won’t see my face of course. But I think my before and after pictures will bee there. When I’m home I will have to post on a new post.

Thank you @ChubRub though, it meant a lot knowing you and @ms.sss asked about me.

https://hospitalbc.com

@Darktowerdream, yay! glad to hear from you! Like @ChubRub, I was checking on here to see if you had posted.

Glad everything seems to have gone at least as expected, and that you seem/read in your endearing, i-got-****-but-i-deal, will-try attitude. LOL.

Reading your first post after surgery brought me flashbacks of how exhausting it was for me to type out a long one those first couple days. Rest up, OK?

Pro Tip #1: Do what you need to do in the early days to keep yourself regular/moving (drink Water, watch the iron/pain meds, move around, take stool softeners). I had the awful experience of being backed up for 13 days. *shudder*.

Pro Tip #2: Walking around hunching over put a def strain on my back at first. My mom ended up feeling sorry for me and let me use HER cane for a few weeks. LOL. It helped. (Love you mom).

Pro Tip #3: My biggest self-imposed regret was doing to much too soon. I pushed myself (started exercising and other stuff too early) and ended up reopening several areas along the various incisions. TWICE. This resulted in a longer, and more painful, annoying, irritating recovery for me. AND i think some of the re-opened side scarring is worse than others.

So....TAKE IT EASY. KEEP YOUR WOUNDS CLEAN. TRY TO POOP.

Keep us posted!

Obviously the surgeon is pleased with your progress if he wants to use your photos on the website!!! Can't wait to see them!!! Hope you are able to get some much needed sleep!! so excited for you!!

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

@Darktowerdream, yay! glad to hear from you! Like @ChubRub, I was checking on here to see if you had posted.

Glad everything seems to have gone at least as expected, and that you seem/read in your endearing, i-got-****-but-i-deal, will-try attitude. LOL.

Reading your first post after surgery brought me flashbacks of how exhausting it was for me to type out a long one those first couple days. Rest up, OK?

Pro Tip #1: Do what you need to do in the early days to keep yourself regular/moving (drink Water, watch the iron/pain meds, move around, take stool softeners). I had the awful experience of being backed up for 13 days. *shudder*.

Pro Tip #2: Walking around hunching over put a def strain on my back at first. My mom ended up feeling sorry for me and let me use HER cane for a few weeks. LOL. It helped. (Love you mom).

Pro Tip #3: My biggest self-imposed regret was doing to much too soon. I pushed myself (started exercising and other stuff too early) and ended up reopening several areas along the various incisions. TWICE. This resulted in a longer, and more painful, annoying, irritating recovery for me. AND i think some of the re-opened side scarring is worse than others.

So....TAKE IT EASY. KEEP YOUR WOUNDS CLEAN. TRY TO POOP.

Keep us posted!

I think we mentally need to let go of the hardest moments. Which is probably why my memory of majorly of my life tends to be like Swiss cheese, more holes than cheese. I had hysterectomy and did have the hunched walk awhile but you forget details. For the life of me I couldn’t remember if I used a walker.

Also it was an smaller open incision at the front and a lot of internal stitches. I need to learn to navigate the use of Faja. That will be the hardest part with my daily energy limits, I usually figure it out. Sort of. hardest was having foot and tendon surgeries and being non weight bearing for months. For each side. hop a long 😂

it can be hard not to push when you want your independence. For me it will be simple things. Thank you @ms.sss for the advice. I made mistakes too and sometimes it’s not our fault or in our control. I hope I can manage the bm issue. Especially wearing Faja I don’t want to soil it, they should make them with a removable flap or bigger opening ... for that sort of thing.

I probably am still a little out of it. And probably will be until I am home. Then again I’m ever normal 🤣 I made the mistake thinking I could open the Faja from the legs down, wishful thinking. The leg portion pulls UP. They should have had a way to open from the legs down for bathroom issues.

4 hours ago, ChubRub said:

Obviously the surgeon is pleased with your progress if he wants to use your photos on the website!!! Can't wait to see them!!! Hope you are able to get some much needed sleep!! so excited for you!!

yes my surgeon Dr.Ampudia is very proud of his work. He is an excellent surgeon. And also took excellent care knowing my health challenges during the entire processing. I don’t know what I would have done had I not found BariatricPal and through this site the Hospital BC.

I will admit part of me doesn’t feel deserving of it. And I haven’t totally wrapped my head around the changes or the comments from staff how good it looks. I don’t have a lifestyle that I flaunt myself. But this was for me personally.

I can’t remember what I’ve said or not. But I only have one drain in place. I guess time will tell if I get to have it out before I go home. I should be used to tiring quickly but I think it’s something you can never truly adapt to even a lifetime of.

BBS. And thank you.

15 hours ago, Darktowerdream said:

. As for navigating certain things while wearing Faja if anyone has tips please feel free to share 🤣 sorry if it’s TMI but how do you poop with this on? Iive got a body suit type garment short legs, bottom up to under bust with shoulder straps. I felt bad for the lady struggling to get it on me. It’s got a kind of cutout but it doesn’t seem sanitary and isn’t open enough, maybe needs readjustment? I didn’t

I've only went #2 once with my faja on but it is possible. You have to hold the opening very very wide. I'd rather just take it off.

But going #1 is very easy, squat and aim or use one of those specialized female urine funnels/urinals

34 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

've only went #2 once with my faja on but it is possible. You have to hold the opening very very wide. I'd rather just take it off.

But going #1 is very easy, squat and aim or use one of those specialized female urine funnels/urinals

@GreenTealael I was trying to find your post that you had update surgeries and couldn’t find it. I wanted to say you look absolutely fabulous. How have you been doing these days?

it’s a pain but I’ve sorted out the #1 squat and aim situation. I can sit just take a funny position. I suppose it came to my temporary benefit I have a bit of a weird issue in that things don’t go the right direction. The other has always been a bit ummm ... complicated for me. Need to get a squatty potty type stool but taller than the norm.

im drained just from a “run” to the toilet to “pish” 🤣 referencing Outlander...

Sorry that I will ever off on a tangent ...

one benefit we have Netflix on the tv and have been binge watching Outlander. When I’m able. I had read the first book a long time ago. Only stopped because I developed a weird allergy to my favorite of things. books and paper ... people think I’m nuts when I mention things I’m allergic to. At least there were audio books. I jut never got around to finish reading the series. It’s good but the End of the first season is Brutal. I love Scotland and have always wanted to visit and also now see the Scottish Osprey.

@ms.sss I did mean to ask how you are these days on your journey of healing up from surgery.

I’m wiped I better stop tiring myself before there’s something I need to do. I’m a bit upset there’s some leaking in a incision, They say it’s normal but soiled the Faja. I will worry every moment if I’m doing things wrong.

11 hours ago, Darktowerdream said:

I did mean to ask how you are these days on your journey of healing up from surgery.

I'm all healed up now...the last of my wounds finally fully healed in March (3 months after the surgery, geez)

I have no pain, and full range movement on all affected areas.

My tum is still swollen though, which annoys me.

Scars still reddish, but I tend to scar badly so that was expected. Im still wearing silicone tape on all my incisions and as well as my abdominal binder when at home.

In spite of it all, I am very pleased with my results and have been confidently sporting a bikini poolside, lol 😎

On 6/16/2020 at 11:40 AM, ms.sss said:

Noooo...she invited ME!!! Lol

hold on.... how do i get on the "invite" list.... I use to be a bartender (younger years) and make some mean drinks.... I mean in case you are needing...... I'll volunteer as tribute.

6 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I'm all healed up now...the last of my wounds finally fully healed in March (3 months after the surgery, geez)

Scars still reddish, but I tend to scar badly so that was expected. Im still wearing silicone tape on all my incisions and as well as my Abdominal binder when at home.

In spite of it all, I am very pleased with my results and have been confidently sporting a bikini poolside, lol 😎

I know you didn't solicit my thoughts, but..... swelling can take up to six months (and maybe longer) to go completely down. And redness can take a year! Also - bikini. I've read to keep the scars out of the sun for the first year. Not sure of what effect the sun has on them, but I've read that in several places.

17 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I know you didn't solicit my thoughts, but..... swelling can take up to six months (and maybe longer) to go completely down. And redness can take a year! Also - bikini. I've read to keep the scars out of the sun for the first year. Not sure of what effect the sun has on them, but I've read that in several places.

Yeah, my doc actually told me my final results can take up to year (a YEAR!). Sigh.

And I tend to scar badly so I know my redness will hang around longer than most. Double Sigh.

Lol, I just wear the bikinis for show. I have always been the gal wearing hats and sitting under umbrellas (still am). The only part of my body I am purposefully exposing to the sun are my legs (trying to correct a hideous runners tan...see below)

P.S. as for the reasoning for keeping scars out of the sun, my doc said its because they can darken PERMANENTLY, as the upper layer of skin in those areas are new and thin. So yeah, these babies are staying in the shade ❤️

DEE7F971-3604-4C30-9427-855F6CFD2CC5.jpeg.8b36f64af07eeac3c8270d55992e03e2.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

Love the runners tan!! Reminds me of my high school lacrosse team. We all had the whitest feet and would take our socks and shoes off after practice to try to tan them up! LOL!!

2 hours ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

hold on.... how do i get on the "invite" list.... I use to be a bartender (younger years) and make some mean drinks.... I mean in case you are needing...... I'll volunteer as tribute.

I used to bartend too! Back when I was young and hot! Now I'm old and not (but am working on it)!!!

14 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Scars still reddish, but I tend to scar badly so that was expected. Im still wearing silicone tape on all my incisions and as well as my Abdominal binder when at home.

I want to check in on a few posts. The massage therapist might be here any moment. But I met with my surgeon Dr.Ampudia and he did say that although 3-6 months is usually the amount of time for swelling to go down it can be as much as a year. I’m having a tough time personally with the leakage from the left leg incision, which is normal but tiring to monitor and keep dry, and messy. I’ll have to work on energy management as best I can. The self care is going to likely eat up every ounce I have (or don’t) but if you see my before and after especially my thighs you’d likely feel the same and pay the same price. Not even the monetary price, the physical price. Of course I know it’s hard to understand the energy costs since most people can rest when they are tired and then they are ok. (I hope that doesn’t sound bad? I’m terrible with words)

what was I saying?

he took the Faja off in his office, the paper tape and Gauzes checked the incisions and replaced everything except on my thighs because he wants to monitor them. Just particular circumstances which I can explain in private message if anyone wants to know he is extra cautious. But so far everything looks good it’s two to three weeks down the line and keep vigilant.

he actually recommended kinetic tape vs paper tape to get tensions off the incisions. I am going to look into that before I start the silicone tape.

im researching lumphatic massage equipment which is confusing massage gun or manual? I know I can’t afford a massage therapist at home and I’m researching special oils I saw geranium oil. But also on Amazon ginger and Ylang Ylang massage oil for lymphatic massage. I guess you can also use pure ginger oil.

Lymphatic Massage oil

https://www.amazon.com/M3-Naturals-Therapeutic-Essential-Relaxation/dp/B07SG5H8KF/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=3JTVTM3ANCCQG&dchild=1&keywords=lymphatic+drainage+ginger+oil&qid=1592518861&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sprefix=Lymphatic+%2Caps%2C-1&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNkNPQVlSTThBUUYxJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzc1Njk2MkIwWkxFVEtWUFBMWSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDE4NjgwM1JaTElFUzRaRk9DWCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

7 hours ago, ms.sss said:

P.S. as for the reasoning for keeping scars out of the sun, my doc said its because they can darken PERMANENTLY, as the upper layer of skin in those areas are new and thin. So yeah, these babies are staying in the shade ❤️

I’m going to need to be very careful living in hot sunny humid Florida. But since tbh I’m homebound much of the time I will avoid the sun. I just miss the birds so much, as to how to deal with things while I’m on the mend and hating giving up what little control of my life. Sigh. Anyway I had some incision from surgery I didn’t pay attention when we moved to Florida but I think it did fade some or maybe I’m not really that overly concerned over a few scars since I’ve already got some. I’m not big on tan, my feet have the shape of my thong sandal imprinted permanent 🤣 my mom she got dark tan from swimming so much. I don’t think she understands the need to be careful. I have a hard time with sun protection creams and allergies. They need a scar tape for sun protection ...

5 hours ago, ChubRub said:

Back when I was young and hot!

@ChubRub lucky I never was young and hot.

23 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

'm 3 weeks post op and doing great ❤

@GreenTealael so glad to hear that 💕💜

sorry I’m doing one post, my brain is exhausted. I live with my mom in a Boca but am so opposite to everyone that lives there. I live on $803 month disability l think some 90 year olds have more rich active lifestyles 🤣

for some reason my chronic illness and disability aged my body beyond its actual age ...

ok I’m done utterly wiped. Ttys. Tomorrow is my last full day here then the torture of probably leaving somewhere like 2-3am Sunday to get to San Diego airport, into Atlanta Georgia for a layover then palm beach airport. And lost three hours time along the way ... 💤 and I can never sleep on a plane. And will I be leaky ... sigh ... but I still would recommend highly Hospital BC here in Tijuana to anyone seeking sleeve, bypass or plastics ...

If anyone is interested, this is the Faja I got Two . I wish the legs were a tad longer and had way to open separate from the top ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078SZ23JJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=AMAE8K0LRQPCN&psc=1

It’s only just over Sox hours away from leaving for the airport at 2:45am. Time to get ready. Take a walk. sleep early if I can. I had my last lymphatic massage at 1pm and a shower and passed out exhausted for a bit. I’m sorry for posting updates on your thread @ChubRub

i tried to think what I needed and ordered a few things with Amazon prime shipping. I probably will need to figure things out as I go once I’m back home.

wishing I could afford a zero gravity recliner for my bedroom ... that isn’t even remotely possible. I drained my resources dry financially and physically.

Be well everyone 💜

image.png.4d32793aeb0ed40d58b5a7246e39e67b.png

Edited by Darktowerdream