Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obsessing about Plastic Surgery!!

4 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Same. I requested a couple days ago, and still waiting, lol

it just took a couple of hours for me to be approved, but I can't remember when I requested. If you requested over the weekend, it could be that the group admin only works on it M-F.

I'm in!!! You look fantastic @Darktowerdream Love the implant size you chose too. Perfect size for your frame!!

3 hours ago, ChubRub said:

I'm in!!! You look fantastic @Darktowerdream Love the implant size you chose too. Perfect size for your frame!!

@ChubRub thank you I trusted Dr. Ampudia and only asked that i have upper pole fullness. The pictures don’t quite show how bad the excess belly skin was and my butt was really horrid. Now one cheek can fit in my hand 🤣 my thigh lift is a separate picture but I don’t think it can show how bad it really was before. So much excess wrinkled sagging skin that maybe someone in their 90s would have. My skin is very abnormally thin. All things considered, I think he did awesome. If I get up the guts I’ll post my own after pictures. I never kept my own before pictures.

I'm still dealing with the open incision on the Left thigh lift T incision which is slowly healing, And a small one on the right side that’s been a bit problematic. But right now the incision at the coccyx area is being a literal pain in the butt. It seems to have gotten bigger. I’m trying to figure out how to better manage it. I’m using Bactigras and bandages but don’t know how to relieve pressure on it.

I’m trying to get some routine but with my chronic illness and Covid going wild around here I haven’t gotten out and about much. It takes a lot of energy to take care of the little things.

i meal plan to keep my calories within a certain range and get enough Protein. My weight is up slightly but still below my goal of 106lbs. Though I weigh myself dressed with Faja and stockings 104.2 today. When I went for surgery I was at my lowest weight for better healing, my scale. at home 102.2, their scale when I arrived 101.2. I think lower BMI helped since I was having so many procedures. Hitting the snag I did thankfully it worked out.

And I keep trying to hold in mind why I did it all as I work to get these problematic incisions healed. The rest are doing good. Just some Fluid retention after removing the drain that wanted to ooze out of some spots in my thigh incisions. And one small open spot at the front. I think just my thin skin in existing medical conditions. But given those I’ll get there eventually.

I wouldn’t Change my decision to have it, or change where I had it or my surgeon.

Edited by Darktowerdream

On 7/20/2020 at 2:25 PM, Darktowerdream said:

@ChubRub thank you I trusted Dr. Ampudia and only asked that i have upper pole fullness. The pictures don’t quite show how bad the excess belly skin was and my butt was really horrid. Now one cheek can fit in my hand 🤣 my thigh lift is a separate picture but I don’t think it can show how bad it really was before. So much excess wrinkled sagging skin that maybe someone in their 90s would have. My skin is very abnormally thin. All things considered, I think he did awesome. If I get up the guts I’ll post my own after pictures. I never kept my own before pictures.

Your tush looks fabulous!!!! Yes, the thigh lift pics were taken too close up, so hard to see the before/after, but I'm sure it looks awesome too!! I'm so happy for you!!

Hope all is well with everyone. I’m deal with some things. Not necessarily related to my surgery.

I can’t remember if I said that I’m not sure but one thing I think that helped with post op swelling (besides compression stockings) was Garden of life Turmeric Gummy supplements. I also took my usual Garden of life whole food based gummy Multivitamin, natures way hair skin and nails formula gummy, plant based omegas I added extra Biocell collagen and antioxidants.

of course it can take 4-6 months to a year to see the true results (Something like that) it is still a bit unreal to me. I haven’t looked at the big picture yet. I don’t see myself as small. I struggle with body dysmorphia and sometimes it’s a battle between chronic health issues and wow my stomach really is flat I’ve never had an actual flat stomach ...

I will be honest also and say I sleep in my Faja though I haven’t quite figured out the Faja and underwear thing I mean you can’t wear them under the Faja but it’s too weird to not have anything with the open crotch. Especially wearing dresses. 🤣

The open incision on my left T incision (thigh lift) is finally getting closer to being closed. I had a protruding swollen “fat cell” which is what usually fills an open incision in secondary wound healing. it was keeping the incision from closing. And a blood blister next to it. It was swelling and also two small areas in the incision had some small blood pockets. Not to be TMI but I snipped and drained the swelling of built up blood in the “fat cell” and pressed it hard to push it into the incision and the “blood blister” next to it was the likely culprit I found a suture in it and drained it and cleaned it the best I could. Afterward It looked better and I could see the incision has nearly closed. I just have to monitor for any internal swelling. I haven’t mentioned it to my surgeon since it’s the weekend and I don’t want to be an annoyance. I’ve learned to take care of things myself most of the time. Even had my surgery been in the same state I’d have been doing the same thing ... The open incision on my backside (coccyx or whatever you call it) the stress point, it’s no longer a hole not healed yet but getting there. A couple of incision points need to heal more. Considering my immunodeficiency part of me expected some complications but in a way these were small compared to ones I’ve seen online. Especially for thigh lifts if the surgeon is removing more than just skin. I’m surprised at how smooth some parts of the incisions are.

I’m not worried about scars. Though I think I’ll notice a few little things down the line ... like behind my knees, my calves, the incision on my inner thigh in pictures I take for wound care checking has an odd angle to my inner thigh. But One difficult thing for me is I’ve never seen myself as pretty and I’m not happy with my face maybe it’s loose skin. And maybe I just won’t ever see myself that way.

I actually bought a article of clothing I never thought I would. A romper. For when the incisions are healed enough for the last bandage to come off. And I get up the nerve to wear it. I’ve Been wearing dresses since they are easiest but very casual ones. Since I’m mostly home except when I venture out for errands. I actually bought a girls size large dress at Target (Under $4) and was surprised it fit. My mom wanted a picture to show a friend. Sigh 😔 I hate my face.

It’s still a bit unreal that I had three surgeries June 15th ... sorry for babbling.

I wanted to add something about step 2 Faja, it’s not just about sizing down. Step 2 Faja no longer have the hook and eye closures ...

https://marena.com/collections/womens-post-surgical-girdles/products/sfbhs2-compression-girdle

I was looking on eBay for a more affordable price on a smaller size Faja (girdle) with the hook and eye closure. Money is crazy tight. Of course style depends on your surgeries. I’m in a weird spot my thighs are xxs but the rest is exactly in between sizes. I’m considering a Faja with calf length for daytime because my knees get swollen and the knee high compression stockings fall below the knees ...

im not sure when I’d use phase 2 it seems harder to get in and out of ...

hope everyone is doing well.

@Darktowerdream I love reading your updates!! It sounds like you have your wound care routine down pat, I'm impressed! I can only imagine how fabulous you look in your new romper! When you finally wear it, please post a pic!!

Thanks also for the info on Stage 2 fajas! I still have a lot to learn about the various post-surgical garments.

Hope your healing continues to go well!

xxs thighs? You are TINY!

Are you pleased with your results so far? Is it bikini time?!?!?

@ms.sss I’m torn. It’s hard seeing myself as tiny. And thinking of wearing something that might draw attention. I live in a retirement community with my mom. I’ve lived most of my life overweight, fighting my weight, living with chronic illness and disability that only gets worse. I try to see the positive in what the surgery has given me. Something I never really had before. Some parts are still loose my knees are a bit weird. I’m not in a good place lately. I’m not depressed just not sure where I am in life. Not something I can talk about on a public forum.

anyway. My measurements are
32” bust

25.5” under bust (bra band) I’d need a 28 bra size -

24” waist (I ever in my life imagined having a waist that size)

33.5” hips

16.5-17” thigh

My one leg is at least half an inch smaller on the left side. My entire left side is smaller due to some aspect of my medical conditions.

I haven’t bought a swimsuit I don’t know when I could go in a pool. I haven’t thought about it. My body doesn’t much like chlorine.

im in a trap between people wanting me to be happier with the results of the surgery and me not knowing what my reaction is supposed to be or how I am supposed to feel. I’ve never seen myself as feminine or attractive for the entirety of my life. But like I said it’s just not things you discuss on a public forum. Is it tied to my being on the autism spectrum. Maybe. My childhood. Maybe. My chronic Illness. Maybe all those things. It just is what it is.

sorry. I wish I had normal answers. It does surprise me to see the results. Maybe at some point when the last bandages come off I’ll process it better. I’m not sure ... the lowest my weight ever got was 2009 124lbs and I followed a strict low carb low calorie way of eating but it didn’t stay there. A few weeks it settled at 134lbs and stayed. Fast forward and eventually got to where I was still following the way of eating but my weight skyrocketed (again) and my gallbladder went to crap and I sought out gastric bypass surgery. I never thought I’d ever reach goal let alone this goal.

when opportunity came to possibly have plastic surgery I grabbed it because I knew if I didn’t, it wouldn’t happen at all ...

3D271EF8-6960-4B6E-BE04-9292D1995EA1.jpeg

Edited by Darktowerdream

2 hours ago, ChubRub said:

@Darktowerdream I love reading your updates!! It sounds like you have your wound care routine down pat, I'm impressed! I can only imagine how fabulous you look in your new romper! When you finally wear it, please post a pic!!

Thanks also for the info on Stage 2 fajas! I still have a lot to learn about the various post-surgical garments.

Hope your healing continues to go well!

@ChubRub thank you I appreciate that. I bought paper tape and gauze pads and a special ointment (a blend of propolis, silver and tea tree) to make my own bandages. To be honest I also used pantyliners under tape as an absorbent for when the open wound was more wet. I have to say it’s interesting that I showered so soon after surgery. And the most important thing is to use a blow dryer on cool to dry the incisions. In hospital they dried them that way even covered in paper tape still. I clean the incisions well and blow dry especially the still raw areas but they are improving. I think the method worked well.

when I get up the guts to wear the Romper I’ll try to get up the nerve to post a picture too. I am actually wearing dresses, albeit casual loose ones so far. I never worse dresses before. But they are convenient. I try to take pictures with my tablet but can’t get the bigger picture ... literally and figuratively.

Edited by Darktowerdream

@Darktowerdream: Yeah, I guess if you have thought a certain way about yourself for the greater part of your life, its difficult to switch tracks. Especially if its entrenched in the "negative". Your weight loss and subsequent plastics happened in a relatively short amount of time, it will likely take a little bit of getting used to. But its not impossible! The longer you spend in your newer body, the more it will become the norm, and hopefully all the baggage you carried around for so long can be let go ❤️

I saw your after pics, and even though it may be hard to believe, you really are tiny (in a good way!). I believe I'm pretty small and your measurements indicate that you are even smaller. Maybe put your before and after pics side by side and look at them every once in a while, and you can slowly convince your brain of your new reality. Its hard to argue with evidence when its right in front of your face.

You look fabulous (you got great results!), bask in your fabulousness.

I know, easier said ❤️

Edited by ms.sss

On 8/4/2020 at 2:48 PM, ms.sss said:

@Darktowerdream: Yeah, I guess if you have thought a certain way about yourself for the greater part of your life, its difficult to switch tracks. Especially if its entrenched in the "negative". Your weight loss and subsequent plastics happened in a relatively short amount of time, it will likely take a little bit of getting used to. But its not impossible! The longer you spend in your newer body, the more it will become the norm, and hopefully all the baggage you carried around for so long can be let go ❤️

I saw your after pics, and even though it may be hard to believe, you really are tiny (in a good way!). I believe I'm pretty small and your measurements indicate that you are even smaller. Maybe put your before and after pics side by side and look at them every once in a while, and you can slowly convince your brain of your new reality. Its hard to argue with evidence when its right in front of your face.

You look fabulous (you got great results!), bask in your fabulousness.

I know, easier said ❤️

Thank you. @ms.sss I started to write a response and I lost words ... maybe when I get up the guts I’ll post the picture from my birthday right before my gastric bypass surgery. The only picture I have, a very unflattering one from the zoo. I was miserable that day, not knowing if my surgery was going to happen or if I would ever get my weight under control.
And take an after picture ... I just don’t like seeing my face ...

I have pictures of my incisions if anyone is curious and what I look like in Faja. It feels strange to share these things even though I technically already have through the Hospital BC page.

with body dismorphia I don’t know if my self image will change. I guess with time I will see ... it’s gotten hard to hide the chronic pain and fatigue from my face and day to day and it tends to reflect how I feel around other people. But I guess because I’m on the Autism spectrum I don’t know my own facial expressions ... or how to interact with people. I find trying to understand people exhausting.

Of course with Covid I haven’t been around anyone ... my mom keeps asking when can I go swimming. I don’t even know.

well that’s why I never finished writing the response 🤣 do I make any sense? I don’t think I know a normal body. So I’m critical. And can’t exercise to firm things up more I hate that. I’m critical of my knees and excess skin on my calves. And my butt isn’t as perfect as it looks in the Post op pics. But probably is just natural laxity that returns. Though I could use some volume there. I didn’t want to look before the excess skin was so horrible it was like well ... flaps. My skin is extremely thin as well like someone twice my age.

i guess I’ll ease my way into this and how the few people I do know will react. It’s more how they expect me to feel about it that’s hard ... I think that’s partly why I’m afraid to buy a swimsuit. The attention, I honestly don’t deal well with it.

How are you feeling @Darktowerdream? Hope all is going well! I understand if you feel uncomfortable in a bathing suits, but you could always get a cute cover up to go with it? Hope you continue to heal and can start really enjoying your new body!!

On 8/10/2020 at 7:27 PM, ChubRub said:

How are you feeling @Darktowerdream? Hope all is going well! I understand if you feel uncomfortable in a bathing suits, but you could always get a cute cover up to go with it? Hope you continue to heal and can start really enjoying your new body!!

@ChubRub I am so tired I forgot when I clicked the post to read it and meant to answer you. It is after midnight now I need sleep but wanted to answer first. I need to get myself to shop for a swimsuit then get up the nerve to go to the pool. Wish the weather wasn’t so brutal. Lately the feels like heat index is well over 100 and humidity is the worst.

Went with my mom today to get her nails done so I got a few groceries. I’m obsessed with making for dinner a oikos triple zero Lemon tart yogurt with PEScience Peanut Butter cookie Protein Powder, freeze 30 minutes. Sola granola on top. I got chocolate this time. Some pumpkin seeds. And land o lakes whipped cream. Of course a manzano banana. It’s really good.

great news is that the T incision On my thigh lift is finally healed and closed. Whatever I did helped it a lot l The coccyx incision is getting there ... Although I have a painful lump above my belly button Im not sure what it is.

BBS ... soooo tired ...

Have you made it to the pool yet @Darktowerdream? Glad to hear you continue to heal!!! As for the fatigue, I'm sure you are always dealing with it on some level as a result of your medical issues, but can only imagine that the surgery still has you wiped out! I know the RNY kicked by butt for quite a few months!!!

Hope everything continues to go well for you!!!