Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

On 6/27/2020 at 5:22 PM, FWJ said:

OK guys. So I went for a 5 month check up and I am officially down 60 pounds!!!! I started at 252 and I am now at 191! The doctor is very pleased with my progress... My GP wants me to get to 160. I am good with 175.

I think we can all agree that at this point we are all happy with our decisions!!!! I am down from a size 22w to a size 16, with those getting bigger!!! I can no longer shop in the Plus size department!!!! I have not been this size since middle school!!!

Congrats! We started at about the same weight and have had about the same weight loss. Do you feel good at 190? I wanted to get to 160, but may be okay with 170. Loose skin is not a big issue right not, but it is noticible to me. I'm not sure how my arms and legs will look at 160. I'm 57 years old, so not sure how well my skin is going to snap back! LOL! How old are you? I'm in a size 14, which feels great, but a 12 would be even better, so I definately want to lose another 15-20 pounds. Neither one of us is in a plus size anymore, praise the Lord!!!

Edited by rene50

2 hours ago, rene50 said:

Congrats! We started at about the same weight and have had about the same weight loss. Do you feel good at 190? I wanted to get to 160, but may be okay with 170. Loose skin is not a big issue right not, but it is noticible to me. I'm not sure how my arms and legs will look at 160. I'm 57 years old, so not sure how well my skin is going to snap back! LOL! How old are you? I'm in a size 14, which feels great, but a 12 would be even better, so I definately want to lose another 15-20 pounds. Neither one of us is in a plus size anymore, praise the Lord!!!

I have my 5 month check up next week. I'm excited to see the surgeon again and hear what he has to say. I'm having some issues with acid reflux (especially with chocolate:() so I'm going to discuss that with him. I also was 250 on my surgery date. I weight in tomorrow, but my last weigh in I was under 190 so that was super exciting. Don't think I've been that small since early high school. I'm very short 5'2" so I'm assuming to get to at least 150, though 130-140 would be ideal. Glad to hear you guys are doing so well!

5 hours ago, rene50 said:

Congratulations on you awesome weight loss. I am 55. My weight on the day of surgery was 234. The 252 is pre liquid diet!!! I don't have a a lot of sagging skin either. I credit the working out. I would like to one day get to 160. I say that because everyone has told me that when you get to your lowest weight, you will gain about 20 of them back. I pray not. I will stop when my body says so.

Edited by FWJ

3 hours ago, PostVSGandKeto said:

I have my 5 month check up next week. I'm excited to see the surgeon again and hear what he has to say. I'm having some issues with acid reflux (especially with chocolate:() so I'm going to discuss that with him. I also was 250 on my surgery date. I weight in tomorrow, but my last weigh in I was under 190 so that was super exciting. Don't think I've been that small since early high school. I'm very short 5'2" so I'm assuming to get to at least 150, though 130-140 would be ideal. Glad to hear you guys are doing so well!

Great job!!! I am so excited for you! You may want to update your profile numbers. My reflux on comes from spicy foods and Tomato base. Products. I just take a lot of antacids if I feel I want spaghetti!!

13 hours ago, FWJ said:

Great job!!! I am so excited for you! You may want to update your profile numbers. My reflux on comes from spicy foods and Tomato base. Products. I just take a lot of antacids if I feel I want spaghetti!!

That's great to hear that antacids do the trick for you. I definitely know chocolate is an issue, so I'll have to start keying in to what else causes it and limit those foods with treatment for when I cannot resist ha ha. I'll definitely get around to updating my info at some point. Thanks for the idea!

Now that we will all be hitting/have hit 6 months, where do you find yourself falling in calories per day? I usually get on average 600 with 60-70 grams of Protein. I'm not sure if this is quite enough or not.

I on average stay under 800 and between 65-80 grams Protein daily. But I am also not losing at fast as you, I wasn't having enough stamina for hiking when I was at 600ish calories, like physically felt like I couldn't go further and make it back, so I just upped it. Now when I am hiking I don't feel completely exhausted before the end. I saw my doctor for my check up and he seemed please with my loss so far and he was fine with my calorie intake. I think it all depends on how you personally feel too, never pushing yourself to eat more just to ear more. IDK

On 7/10/2020 at 12:59 AM, Ostflicka said:

I on average stay under 800 and between 65-80 grams Protein daily. But I am also not losing at fast as you, I wasn't having enough stamina for hiking when I was at 600ish calories, like physically felt like I couldn't go further and make it back, so I just upped it. Now when I am hiking I don't feel completely exhausted before the end. I saw my doctor for my check up and he seemed please with my loss so far and he was fine with my calorie intake. I think it all depends on how you personally feel too, never pushing yourself to eat more just to ear more. IDK

Wow! You can get 80g of Protein? I'm impressed!

How are my January peeps doing? I'm doing pretty good. Just keeping at it and trying to get the right nutrition. My gym is still open so working out 4 days a week. My only real issue now is my Vitamins. Had my bloodwork done and I'm deficient in a lot of areas. I tried using Patches but apparently they don't work worth a damn. I take medicine daily but for some reason I can't stomach Multivitamins at all. I've tried several different kinds and they all make me nauseous. Any ideas or recommendations?

What does your doctor or nutritionist recommend? Have you tries a liquid Multivitamin or taking at night before bed.

On 7/19/2020 at 7:32 PM, SINISTER said:

How are my January peeps doing? I'm doing pretty good. Just keeping at it and trying to get the right nutrition. My gym is still open so working out 4 days a week. My only real issue now is my Vitamins. Had my bloodwork done and I'm deficient in a lot of areas. I tried using Patches but apparently they don't work worth a damn. I take medicine daily but for some reason I can't stomach Multivitamins at all. I've tried several different kinds and they all make me nauseous. Any ideas or recommendations?

I've lost 101 pounds now, so I cant complain. Getting Protein is a breeze now. Easily get 70-80 a day. My 6 month checkup has been delayed twice now, once for a doctor emergency, and then my reschedule for this week was rescheduled because I got put under a health department quarantine order. Yay. So I have no idea where my levels are. My doc did tell me that I could switch to gummy vitamins at 6 months, so I'm (being the forever child) much happier with them now and it helps me to remember to take them.

I had my 5-6 month check up recently. My levels are looking really good though my doctor wants me to stay on top of my hydrating. I also struggle sometimes with my multivitamin, so I got a "smaller" one and only take one a day with smaller more specific pills for things im really deficient in. I take a multi Vitamin, Iron, Calcium, B12, Biotin, and Vitamin D throughout the day. The multi vitamin and iron are the hardest on my stomach so I only take them after eating and space them out. So it might take me 4 hours to take the multi vitamin and iron, but then I can take the other 4 much closer together. I'm working on building a fitness routine now also. Try to harden up and increase my muscle mass.

Hey all it's August! Where are we all at in our journeys- our thread is hella dead 😂🤣 Well I myself don't come check in usually either, except every Tuesday on Weigh In days. Do you all have set weigh in days? I weigh in on surgery day, which was a Tuesday. Sometimes I'll step on the scale but I don't "log" it. I try not to make myself crazy though by putting so much pressure on my numbers.

Life is good for me, this Covid thing has really thrown me into working out though. I hike a lot. I don't work so hiking or biking are the only things I really go out of the house for anymore. It's so nice being smaller for hiking - some of the trails I use to hike when I weighed 300 pounds and I'm like I was amazing for doing it. Because now it's so "easy" I've become one of "those" people who can carry on a conversation while hiking - I just hated those people before 🙄🤦‍♀️

My food intake is still strange. The other day I overate - I kind of knew it too. I didn't listen to myself and was like I can have 2 more bites, well NO - you can not have 2 more bites! Those 2 bites threw me into an awfulness I don't want to repeat. The 2 bites were vegetables, I have such a hard time getting in veggies, because I need my Protein. Anyone having difficulty with finding the balance of still eating veggies?

Anyway would love to know how everyone is doing heading into this 7th month. Are you loving your "new" improved Life?

On 08/06/2020 at 11:31, Ostflicka said:

Hey all it's August! Where are we all at in our journeys- our thread is hella dead 😂🤣 Well I myself don't come check in usually either, except every Tuesday on Weigh In days. Do you all have set weigh in days? I weigh in on surgery day, which was a Tuesday. Sometimes I'll step on the scale but I don't "log" it. I try not to make myself crazy though by putting so much pressure on my numbers.

Life is good for me, this Covid thing has really thrown me into working out though. I hike a lot. I don't work so hiking or biking are the only things I really go out of the house for anymore. It's so nice being smaller for hiking - some of the trails I use to hike when I weighed 300 pounds and I'm like I was amazing for doing it. Because now it's so "easy" I've become one of "those" people who can carry on a conversation while hiking - I just hated those people before 🙄🤦‍♀️

My food intake is still strange. The other day I overate - I kind of knew it too. I didn't listen to myself and was like I can have 2 more bites, well NO - you can not have 2 more bites! Those 2 bites threw me into an awfulness I don't want to repeat. The 2 bites were vegetables, I have such a hard time getting in veggies, because I need my Protein. Anyone having difficulty with finding the balance of still eating veggies?

Anyway would love to know how everyone is doing heading into this 7th month. Are you loving your "new" improved Life?

I’m doing well! I exercise 6 out of 7 days, and that’s so unlike me 😂. I hated exercise before. Don’t love it now, but I do it! Weight is VERY VERY slowly coming off, but still going down so I can’t complain. Inches are coming off. My large shirts are now getting baggy, so I am going out today to buy some mediums 🤯 that still blows my mind.
I went for my 6 month appointment and was told I should be eating more, between 800-1000 calories a day. Still have a big problem reaching that. Most days I can get to 700 but I’ve hit 800 a couple times. I’m getting plenty of Protein, usually 70-80 a day and they want me to get 60. Was also told to start drinking more electrolytes so trying to get more propel and Gatorade zero in. Was having issues getting severely dizzy, and doc thinks it’s from eating too little and not replenishing electrolytes with me working out so often 🤷🏼‍♀️
I’ll tell you, never in my life did I think a doctor would tell me to eat more lol
I have way more energy, which is exciting! I feel good about how I look (in clothes at least) but I would still love to lose another 20-30 pounds.