Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍂 Nov 2019 Challenge🍂

5 hours ago, MIZ60 said:

I also like the colors, smells and flavors of fall except for pumpkin spice.....yukkk🤑

Sacrilege!

*clutches pearls*

P.S. ❤️ 😋

Edited by ms.sss

1 hour ago, KarenLR75 said:

@FluffySaysForkIt!- did you find a good combo of Biotin and lysine?

This is @GreenTealael 's famous thread-

Telogen Effluvium

I have said it before, if she got paid per click on that puppy- she'd be rich...💰💵💲😉

Rejection is a hard one for me. I’ll have to think about it. Then again, maybe I’ll skip this one.

14th - rejection. I think I'm thankful for all of them. I'm in a good place right now and probably wouldn't be here if I'd followed a different path. It's possible I'd be in a better place but it's also possible I'd be far worse off.

Day 14 gratitude - I am probably most grateful I was rejected by the person I was pursuing before I met my SO. Man, would that not have been a good match... whereas my husband complements me about as perfectly as one can. It really worked out for the best, as much as it hurt at the time.

21 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Rejection is a hard one for me. I’ll have to think about it. Then again, maybe I’ll skip this one.

Yeah, same. I hate rejection (real or perceived). The only way to develop a gratefulness for it is in hindsight.

Oh my rejection is such a difficult topic, yet we truly can learn so much from it.

Okay, so the one true time I was (IMO unjustly) rejected was for a job back in 2012.
My former boss sold his business and the new owner promptly closed down a store and almost all of us were laid off. The reason for it was the new owner had a daughter who had just graduated pharmacy school and a son who was in retail management and he gave them the jobs and I had less than 2 weeks to find a new job.

Because of the schedule change, I was free to attend an OU tailgate and it just so happened that’s where I met hubs. At that time, he lived 150 miles away and was in town for that one weekend. So.... total fluke we met and we’d have never met otherwise had I been in previous job.

3 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

14th - rejection. I think I'm thankful for all of them. I'm in a good place right now and probably wouldn't be here if I'd followed a different path. It's possible I'd be in a better place but it's also possible I'd be far worse off.

I agree! Everything happens for a reason. :)

2 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Oh my rejection is such a difficult topic, yet we truly can learn so much from it.

Okay, so the one true time I was (IMO unjustly) rejected was for a job back in 2012.
My former boss sold his business and the new owner promptly closed down a store and almost all of us were laid off. The reason for it was the new owner had a daughter who had just graduated pharmacy school and a son who was in retail management and he gave them the jobs and I had less than 2 weeks to find a new job.

Because of the schedule change, I was free to attend an OU tailgate and it just so happened that’s where I met hubs. At that time, he lived 150 miles away and was in town for that one weekend. So.... total fluke we met and we’d have never met otherwise had I been in previous job.

p20474_v_v8_ab.jpg

15 hours ago, FluffySaysForkIt! said:

This is @GreenTealael 's famous thread-

Telogen Effluvium

I have said it before, if she got paid per click on that puppy- she'd be rich...💰💵💲😉

I would not complain 😎

source (1).gif

Day 14: Rejection

This one IS tough to talk about....

I don't know that I have exactly gratitude for any of them. I do have learning and acceptance for all of them though, but I am sometimes a slow learner there. Lol.

Not one of my rejections, however devastating some of them felt at the time, was the stop sign in front of me that it may have seemed like it was back then. Instead, they were only Detour signs- and I learned, most of all, that life goes on and that it WILL continue to take you to places not on your handy, dandy foldable map.

So I try to swerve when I can, and attempt to enjoy the scenery- no matter what the view- because I know a person rarely gets to drive that same route twice. Still on my learning permit though... 😉

1554548259_road-closed-detour-sign-without-local-traffic-stuff-broke-fix-it-later-copy(1).jpg.a2ff1ec1738b2d7fd202822db7adb610.jpg

Love That Sign @ FluffySaysForkIt; k8nda I 'll do IT if and when I feel like it, I LIVE in a town where This--- the Usual is unusually infrequent.

#15 - Body part I'm most grateful for - My uterus (which I no longer have) because it blessed me with 4 wonderful children.

Day 14
Not a clean day at all! Between the airline food and getting to resort, I've not felt as in control of what I put in my mouth only because I am not home. I've tried to stay on plan though not as good as I would like 🤷‍♀️

Rejection most grateful for? I honestly can't think of one Could be jetlag? Maybe my first job interview, it was after undergrad and between med school. I interviewed for a job that would have probably sucked the life out of me and I was never more relieved that they rejected me (hindsight is 20/20). At the time I was very sad because I needed to save some money for school BUT I got a better option later.

Like most people have mentioned, I'm so so happy and content with where I am now that those past disappointments/ rejections had to have counted for something good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app