Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍂 Nov 2019 Challenge🍂

I’m a bit behind with this, its been a crazy weekend!

Day 9: What place have you traveled that you are most grateful for?

I’ll go with NYC! I just love the whole vibe. I go every year and each time I go, I find something new I love about the city. My favorite time to visit is in December, a couple weeks before Christmas. I love the holiday markets, Christmas décor, shows, etc. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of going!

B-Side Question: How has your S/O been handling all of the changes since WLS?

He’s been amazing. Throughout this process and even before my decision he’s always been very supportive of me. As corny as it may sound, he believed in me even when I didn’t believe in myself. He’s happy I’m losing weight and it has even motivated him to live a healthier lifestyle. Luckily for him, he really doesn’t need to lose much weight, but he’s been meal prepping to avoid snacking and has been trying to gain more muscle.

Day 10: What are you most grateful for in your childhood?

I’m most grateful for my dad. He was my rock during my childhood because he was my mother and father and raised me on his own. I owe him everything for that. He worked so hard to make sure I had everything and that I would never feel that void of not having a mom.

Day 11: What movie are you most grateful for?

There are too many!! Here’s the list of a few:

• ALL Marvel films, especially Avengers & X-Men (hence my username)
  • Harry Potter
  • All the John Wick movies (IM OBSESSED)
  • The new Star Wars movies
  • Blockers
  • Gone Girl
  • Prisoners
  • Savages
  • 12 Years a Slave
  • Coco
  • Girls Trip
  • Django
  • Straight Outta Compton
  • Fast and Furious movies
  • Southpaw
  • Ex-Mechanica

5 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Day 11: What movie are you most grateful for?

There are too many!! Here’s the list of a few:

• ALL Marvel films, especially Avengers & X-Men (hence my username)
  • Harry Potter
  • All the John Wick movies (IM OBSESSED)
  • The new Star Wars movies
  • Blockers
  • Gone Girl
  • Prisoners
  • Savages
  • 12 Years a Slave
  • Coco
  • Girls Trip
  • Django
  • Straight Outta Compton
  • Fast and Furious movies
  • Southpaw
  • Ex-Mechanica

Omgosh, you're the first person I'd enjoy going to the movies with. (If something doesn't blow up in the first 5 minutes, you've lost me!) Although, when it comes to Marvel, I'm a Blade girl, all the way!

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

@MIZ60 Does Tomah day still have the army base? I grew up in Madison and that’s all I remember about Tomah!

Edited by Cheeseburgh

Day 12: Well, we had Whataburger last night for a treat for Mr. since we were unable to go anywhere due to the nasty weather. I ate 1/2 of a patty melt (no bun) and about 7 of his fries. And, some Irish coffee while watching Castle Rock. Planning to do better today.

I am grateful to so many people that I have known over the years but the top 3 would be my husband of 35 years, my BFF of 40 years and my super talented singer and guitar playing BMF of 32 years. Spending time with any or all of them always makes me happy.

B sided question: What would you tell past/future you if you could?

I would tell the past me to stop worrying so much all the time about things you can not control and that the behavior of others is not my fault or responsibility. Live your life on your own terms and have the people in it that you love and love you and FORGET about the rest. No one has a right to expect anything from you other than human respect and kindness.

Edited by MIZ60

Day 12: What 3 people in life are you most grateful for?

Besides God, I’m most grateful for my siblings, my dad, and my boyfriend. I know its only 3 but I want to throw my bff in there too. She has been the most faithful friend I’ve ever had, a god sent.

B-Side Question: What would you tell past/future you if you could?

I would tell myself that life’s too short, tackle your weight now so that you can enjoy being young like other girls your age. If you don’t do it now, you will regret it later. Get the surgery! You’re not taking the easy route or cheating by getting the surgery.

Also, stop thinking you can handle it all. It doesn’t make you weak asking for help. You don’t always have to be so strong and tough…

I’m behind but I like the movie question.
Terms of Endearment

Silence of the Lambs

Get Out

The Way We Were

The Devil Wears Prada

Airplaine!

Ordinary People

Ghosts of Mississippi (I had never heard of Medgar Evers prior to this movie shamefully)

Edited by Cheeseburgh

7 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

@MIZ60 Does Tomah day still have the army base? I grew up in Madison and that’s all I remember about Tomah!

Yes they do. My cousin's husband worked there until he retired a few years back. My aunt and uncle are retired dairy farmers and moved to "town" quite a few years ago when they sold the farm to some Amish people. I was born in Milwaukee and lived there until I was 4 and we moved to Dallas TX. Visited every summer until I was grown up. Still go every couple of years.

I'm not used to seeing so much Wisconsin in one thread! ;-) I just drove through Tomah this weekend, but then again, I live in Madison, so it's not terribly surprising...

6 minutes ago, Caltania said:

I'm not used to seeing so much Wisconsin in one thread! ;-) I just drove through Tomah this weekend, but then again, I live in Madison, so it's not terribly surprising...

Madison is a really pretty town. One of my cousins and her husband/son/family live in LaCrosse which is also beautiful. I love the drive over the Mississippi River...

29 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Omgosh, you're the first person I'd enjoy going to the movies with. (If something doesn't blow up in the first 5 minutes, you've lost me!) Although, when it comes to Marvel, I'm a Blade girl, all the way!

Haha yes! Same here! I love Blade, I was just watching it this weekend at my friends house. Did you hear they are making a new Blade with Mahershala Ali!?

2 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Haha yes! Same here! I love Blade, I was just watching it this weekend at my friends house. Did you hear they are making a new Blade with Mahershala Ali!?

No, I hadn't. I'll have to check it out. Although, it'll be hard to pull me away from Wesley Snipes 💖

13 minutes ago, MIZ60 said:

Madison is a really pretty town. One of my cousins and her husband/son/family live in LaCrosse which is also beautiful. I love the drive over the Mississippi River...

I adore Madison. I'm an east coast transplant, and I still go back there to visit, but the only thing that would ever make me leave Madison is the cold 🌨️ Especially as I continue to shed pounds from my surgery... brrrr.

I'm a few days behind... time to catch up on my gratitude!

Day 9 gratitude: Without question, it was China (although I haven't done much international travel, so someday this could change!) I was with my best friend when she adopted her son. It was a life changing experience in so many ways.

Day 10 gratitude: An odd choice, but I am grateful for video games. Even though my choices were really limited in early childhood (Atari!), I actually learned a lot of very useful life skills from video games, and bringing that love into adulthood helped me form some of the friendships I have today.

Day 11 gratitude: Another odd choice, but probably the Rocky Horror Picture Show. The community around the show helped me through my difficult teen years, and as an adult, I still find that movie worming its way in to my life. Runners up would probably be the two movies I quote most often, Airplane! and Spaceballs ;-)

Day 12 gratitude: 3 people, huh? If I could only choose three, I guess I'd have to say my husband, my mother, and my best friend.

B-Side Question: What would you tell past/future you if you could? I would tell past me to hang in there and to try to care much less what other people think.

B-Side Question: How has your S/O been handling all of the changes since WLS? Like a champ, though it helps that he's also probably having WLS himself next year, so he's acutely aware of pretty much all things related to it, good and bad.

7 minutes ago, Caltania said:

adore Madison. I'm an east coast transplant, and I still go back there to visit, but the only thing that would ever make me leave Madison is the cold 🌨️ Especially as I continue to shed pounds from my surgery... brrrr.

Madison was such a great place to grow up. My Dad and a bunch of my friends still live there . My son moved there after college so we go up pretty often. The neighborhood I grew up in has become very chic! I was very lucky, I grew up on Lake Monona in the Marquette neighborhood and went to East High. I wouldn’t trade it for anywhere.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side Question: What would you tell past/future you if you could?

Wear Sunscreen and Moisturize!