Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍂 Nov 2019 Challenge🍂

Better late to the party than not participating at all. Day 12 has been all right so far, though I did have a caffeinated diet soda this morning. My excuse is that it is not one of the items I’m giving up this month, just limiting the amount I drink every day since it used to be most of what I drank. I have most of my Water checked off, I sip throughout the day and I’m usually done by noon.

Gratefulness, Day 12 – The three people in my life that I am most grateful for would be my Savior, my husband, and my mom. My mom isn’t with us anymore, she passed in 2000, but she raised me by herself in the 60’s and 70’s when doing so wasn’t popular or very acceptable. She was strong and stubborn and she loved me with everything she had. I can never repay her enough for the upbringing she gave me. It wasn’t perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it was mine, and I wouldn’t trade it or her.

My husband is my other half. My best friend. We have so much in common that we can sometimes finish each other’s sentences. We have laughed, lived, and loved together for the past 26 years, and it seems like just yesterday that we had our first date. Now that he is supporting my WLS, I can share everything with him again. He also needs WLS but I think he’s waiting to see how I do first before he approaches it again.

Okay so I’ve missed out on a couple of days, but I’ve got some more thankful items to post:

Day 11:
One of the movies I’m most grateful for is Steel Magnolias. Such a great ensemble and very strong and powerful ladies.
Day 12:
I’m most grateful for my husband,sister, kids. These people were my main “why” when it came to trying to extend my life with this surgery. I want to be there for all of them for as long as I can and be as healthy and fit as I can so I can be there for them in the best possible way.

3 hours ago, Machalo said:

Better late to the party than not participating at all. Day 12 has been all right so far, though I did have a caffeinated diet soda this morning. My excuse is that it is not one of the items I’m giving up this month, just limiting the amount I drink every day since it used to be most of what I drank. I have most of my Water checked off, I sip throughout the day and I’m usually done by noon.

Gratefulness, Day 12 – The three people in my life that I am most grateful for would be my Savior, my husband, and my mom. My mom isn’t with us anymore, she passed in 2000, but she raised me by herself in the 60’s and 70’s when doing so wasn’t popular or very acceptable. She was strong and stubborn and she loved me with everything she had. I can never repay her enough for the upbringing she gave me. It wasn’t perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it was mine, and I wouldn’t trade it or her.

My husband is my other half. My best friend. We have so much in common that we can sometimes finish each other’s sentences. We have laughed, lived, and loved together for the past 26 years, and it seems like just yesterday that we had our first date. Now that he is supporting my WLS, I can share everything with him again. He also needs WLS but I think he’s waiting to see how I do first before he approaches it again.

💜 Welcome 💜 Welcome 💜

Day 12: Three people I am grateful for

Both parents, my husband, and my two kids. (I am pretending like I can't count because it is way too hard to do only three. 😳)

Truthfully, I have so many people in my life that I am grateful for, and this question was a great reminder of that. 💙

B Side: What would you tell your younger self

Try not to fear failure. Go out for the things you want to try and know that what anyone else thinks really does not matter. Enjoy the ride.

P.S.

Your first boyfriend is an a$$hole. Dump him quick.

P.P.S.

Girl,

Do not ever, ever, ever use Sun In hair Lightener in your hair!!!

If you do, you are gonna look like a bleached bannana...

Trust me on this. 🍌

Edited by FluffySaysForkIt!

Day 12.
Relatively clean day especially given the stress at work while simultaneously trying to stay psyched about an upcoming girls trip![emoji29]

3 people I'm most grateful for? That's HARD!! I'll take my cues from FluffysaysForkit and do categories [emoji3]
1. My parents
2. Hubby and kids
2. Siblings especially my older sis who has been my rock!!
3. My BFFs. They all know themselves!

What would I tell my younger self? You will be ALRIGHT!!! Don't sweat the small stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

32 minutes ago, Deedee12 said:

psyched about an upcoming girls trip

oooohhhh love these...where are you all going?

(specifics not necessary unless you want to share ❤️ )

#13 - Even though Autumn is my favorite, I am most grateful for Spring, the time of birth, growth and renewal.

Mirror question - actually, my hair was much better in middle school. I think I have finally stopped losing my hair (again) from an illness that I had in April.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Day 13: What season of the year are you most grateful for?

I love the colours, the clothes and the SMELL (like campfires and firemen 😉)

True story: When I was a teenager, I had a part time job as a front desk receptionist at a retirement home. for some reason there were fire alarms going off there at least one a week. It was hands down my favourite part of the job: watching these huge guys walk in with their uniforms on (bonus points if the uniforms had dirt on them) and smelling like charred wood. So maybe my penchant for Fall may just be an extension of my fireman fetish...😆

1297468363117_ORIGINAL.jpg.24999565ceb420ff6a810d105de12948.jpg

45 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Mirror Mirror Question: How is everyone's hair these days?

I'm with @Orchids&Dragons, my hair was better back then. Nice and silky and shiny and thick. It's alright now I guess (especially now that its growing back in), but I miss the days when my hair would break barrettes/clips cuz it was so thick.

Edited by ms.sss

Day 13

The season I'm most grateful for is Spring. The renewal of life after a long, dark rest. Of course that brings on my Spring-time allergies, but I'll take them to have the smell of newly growing plantlife. I also get to drive through National Forest every day so I drop my window open and take in the smells of new life. Puts me in my happy place.

Mirror Mirror Question - The status of my hair is - thin and straggly. And that's before surgery! I'm taking Biotin everyday like clockwork so I'm hoping to see some new growth there in the nearer future. I miss my thick hair, even though it was a pain to deal with. Though I must say, not having to shave every day because that hair is gone too, is a bonus I'm appreciating! HAHA! :D