Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍂 Nov 2019 Challenge🍂

Day 9: I am doing fine on the food part of this challenge but continue to indulge in more alcohol than I should if I want to be losing. No idea why this is so hard for me. I really do not generally feel any type of food temptations since I do not keep anything here that is bad or off plan. But the vodka and tequila though.....

The place that I have the most fond memories of traveling to is Lake Tahoe. I learned to snow ski there in the late 1980s and we spent a week there every year for about 20 years. Haven't been able to go since about 2002 but actually talking about going back this year. It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen and my only real experience being around massive snowfall.

Image may contain: 2 people

To the B-side question: My husband is my biggest supporter and our relationship has been mostly good during this process. He constantly tells me how good I look and feel to him and walks with me daily. He makes sure he does not bring any bad stuff in the house....although I did find a huge bag of peanut M&Ms in the console of his truck but he never eats them if I am with him. He has never had a weight problem....

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side Question: How has your S/O been handling all of the changes since WLS?

My hubby has overall been great. He really wants to be "Mr. Helper" and with all the complications, he's had ample opportunity!

#8. The lesson I’m most grateful for is basically everything I learned about myself dealing with breast cancer. I’d had my fair share of adversity in life and was pretty sure I could deal with most anything but that year turned me into Betty Bad-A$$.

9. Very difficult to answer is I’ve not traveled much in life. My favorite place is Belize. I’ve gone there twice with hubs and we love how simple life is there.

And speaking of hubs....
I’d always realized how lucky and blessed I was to get a second chance at happiness later in life with him, but this last year has shown me exactly how freaking amazing the man is.
Every time I’ve asked for something, he’s delivered without complaint or hesitation.

5 hours ago, MIZ60 said:

Image may contain: 2 people

Nowt this is 80's fabulous-ness. I am pretty sure I had that exact same jacket in mustard yellow.

#8 Lesson I am most grateful for learning:

The lesson I am most grateful for learning is one I am still learning, and relearning, and probably always will be.

It is the lesson of really being in the moment, whatever that moment holds, be it good bad or ugly. I think everything in life can bring me a teachable moment, but I am sometimes distracted or I fall into that "wishing for the next thing" deal instead of really sitting with the moment at hand. When I slow down and am really mindful I learn so much more, about myself and the world, than when I am on to the next thing without taking a pause or acknowledging what is placed right in front of me.

#9 I am not very well traveled- never even left the States! @ms.sss - so jealous of your Australia adventure! (Australia is on my bucket list.) Sounds awesome!

I do love Estes Park in Colorado. I also lived on an small island off the coast of Florida that was really beautifil for a few years.

B Side question: The Hubby has been nothing less than amazing since WLS. He really is my biggest cheerleader and is super supportive in whatever way I need, often before I could even voice it. He is the best. 💕

Day 9.
Another clean day that I was very grateful for.

Place that I've traveled that I'm most grateful for? First, I'm extremely grateful for my ability to travel to many incredible places. Reading and traveling is what makes my life pleasurable. My husband and I very early on decided we were going to educate our kids through travel and it has been great seeing other parts of the world with them.

I'm most grateful for a couples trip I took with my brother and sis in law (my BFF) to Tahiti. Words can't describe how needed that trip was at the time. My BFF is also a physician, my brother is in a ridiculous high powered job that's even worse in stress and my hubs is an attorney. We got to that Island EMPTY!!!!!! We returned home full, renewed and in love with ourselves. I will be forever grateful for that trip. Gave me an actual measuring stick for when I need a break.

B-Side Question: How has your S/O been handling all of the changes since WLS?
My husband is the only person I told about my surgery and his daily support and care makes me fall in love with him daily. He's not changed towards me in any way and compliments my achievements. The best part is truly believing based on his actions, that he loves me regardless of my weight [emoji176][emoji176][emoji176][emoji176]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Day 10: What are you most grateful for in your childhood?

My brother and sister. Our parents worked multiple jobs when we were growing up and we took care (and fought amongst, lol) each other. Oh, the fun and laughs we had daily. ❤️

Day 10: Went to brunch again this morning and able to ride the motorcycle since it was a gorgeous day. Those dang mimosas got me again 🙄 but after the second one I felt a little queasy so just drank Water the rest of the time. Another football get together tonight and my friend has made a huge pot of chili so that will be fine.

What are you most grateful for in your childhood? I was the oldest and my parents were pretty strict with me in terms of doing well in school, household responsibilities and being respectful to everyone. There was no talking back or not doing what was expected of me. I think this enabled me to grow up to be responsible and have a successful career. I watch how some kids are allowed to treat their parents and behave in general and it really concerns me what kind of person are they going to grow up to be. So much disrespect everywhere....

Day 10:

What are you most grateful for in your childhood?

The big answer- my parents. It would take a book to really try to explain why, and even then it probably wouldn't be enough...

So I'll just leave it with the fact that I will never stop being grateful for the gift of being raised by both of them.

#10 Childhood - growing up around my cousins. (24 first cousins, don't even know how many second cousins!) I have so many good memories of them! My siblings missed out on a lot of that because we moved to Texas when I was 12 and my siblings are all younger than me.

#11 Movie - the Harry Potter series because I have so many wonderful memories of watching them with my kids.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Day 10.

Relatively clean day! It was the weekend so I may have had some of my kids' Girls Scout candied nuts inadvertently [emoji57][emoji6]

What am I grateful for in my childhood? Simply put, my childhood! I'm extremely grateful for having the opportunity to have a childhood with amazingly caring parents that selflessly guarded my innocence with good values and ethics. And having siblings who despite "sibling rivalry" love me unconditionally and I can rely on them to care for my interests the way they would theirs. I realized as I grew up that this was not common, so I'm grateful for parents that nurtured that love within and between us🧡[emoji176]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Day 11: What movie are you most grateful for?

Ha, like the book question, there are just too many to list!!

...but here are some organized by genre (lol, i'm so anal!), in no particular order:

• Enemy at the Gates
  • Braveheart
  • Dunkirk
  • Spotlight
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • The Usual Suspects
  • Dangerous Liaisons

• Fight Club
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Goodfellas

• The Princess Bride
  • Steel Magnolias
  • The Holiday
  • Time Traveller's Wife
  • Forrest Gump

• Sixteen Candles (actually, any John Hughes movie starring Molly Ringwald)
  • Mallrats
  • Clueless
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • Bridesmaids

...okay I see this is starting to take up waaaay tooo much time, so I'm going to stop here, LOL. Sorry to all those other movies that I missed!!!

10. Yesterday was a good day. Breakfast with a friend, gym, and then home to putter in the yard and mystery shows on tv. I'm most grateful for all the time spent with immediate and extended family. Today, we are all scattered all over the planet and it is rare that we are in the same place at the same time (the extended ones anyway). No one lives in the same town or state anymore.

11. I'm not sure what movie I'm most grateful for. There are so many I can watch again and again. Always loved The Marx Brothers, original Pink Panther movies, those were good laughs with my family. Loved The Big Chill and Silverado. There are so many movies from old black and whites to present day. I suppose anything that moved me, made me laugh, or think, or gave me a space away from the day-to-day.

Ok, time to go to the gym. So loving this 3 day weekend! Yard stuff later it's so nice out!