Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍂 Nov 2019 Challenge🍂

Day 13 gratitude: I'm going to go with spring, because it (usually) has stopped snowing and dropping below freezing, and it isn't yet so hot that I'm desperate for air conditioning ;-) Plus it's also so pretty! Though fall is my favorite for sheer beauty, especially in these parts...

As far as my hair - I miss it 😞 I've probably lost somewhere between a third and a half of my hair since having the surgery, though my hairdresser says it's already starting to grow back. I miss my thick head of hair, but it was well worth the cost!

Day 13: I'm most grateful for the fall. I love the weather, the activities that come with it like apple picking, or even racking leaves, and the anticipation of the holidays.

Mirror Mirror Question: How is everyone's hair these days?

Its horrible! I'm losing a ton of hair and I have so many split ends. Some days I just want to shave it all off and rock the bald look. Thankfully no one has noticed my Hair loss because my hair is so thick and long but its still driving me insane. I knew going in that this was a side effect, but DAMN! 😩

Fall is my favorite season, I’m always hot so I look forward to cooler weather.

Hair: Mine has never been the same since chemo 8 years ago. After I lost the weight this year I had it cut short for the first time in years. I really like the change and I’ve noticed the past month my hair is getting thicker again after 8 years. I didn’t expect that. I’m assuming it’s a hormonal shift .

Day 13- late Spring, I had 2 babies born in that season, brought them home in my my hand- maid outfits and a receiving blanket. RD their older sister was a January BABY, had to wrap her up like a mummy, almost lost her in the snowsuit, heavy blankets et all. Maybe, the way RD ( for Rotten Daughter turned out I should have left her at Mansfield General where she was BORN. This year's disease she claims to be dying from - Right- sides. 💓failure and cor pulmonale- last year it was Early- onset Demetia- is it true? Who knows- she lies like a Rug- and with HIPAA I can't ask for confirmation from any medical personnel. The saddest thing- She really does not have to lie with such propensity- She truly enjoys doing it! ----SHOCK VALUE? ----IDK- she is the one who has the embarrassment when her lies backfire, as they often Do.

22 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Madison was such a great place to grow up. My Dad and a bunch of my friends still live there . My son moved there after college so we go up pretty often. The neighborhood I grew up in has become very chic! I was very lucky, I grew up on Lake Monona in the Marquette neighborhood and went to East High. I wouldn’t trade it for anywhere.

Yeah, chic is definitely a good way to describe that area! I only live a few miles away from it, so I drive through Monona quite frequently. It's so lovely there! I wish I'd grown up in Madison (my hometown leaves a fair bit to be desired...), but I'm very grateful to have discovered it as an adult at least!

Okay so my hair was definitely better back in middle school.
I mean, it was the 80’s. Lol

I’m still losing a noticeable amount and I’m now over 9 months PO, so I’m really sick and tired of trying to hide the loss. Oh well, better to be -100 pounds than have my thick hair back

The season I love most is also spring. Maybe fall would be my fave if:
1. It lasted more than 5 days, and
2. Work wasn’t so dang crazy at this time of year.

The season I am most grateful is fall even though it tends to be hit or miss here. So nice to have relief from the hot, humid days of summer. Fall in my part of TX can be anywhere from the 20's to the 90s, often in the same week. I also like the colors, smells and flavors of fall except for pumpkin spice.....yukkk🤑

My hair was difficult in middle school because it was before blow dryers and hot rollers. I had long, thick, curly hair and when I washed it I had to use old fashioned brush rollers and try to sleep like that. I had it cut pretty short about 5 years ago and no longer fight the curly/wavy thing. Like many, I lost a LOT of hair in the first 9 months or so but it seems back to normal now. My hairdresser agrees that it is pretty much back.

On 11/7/2019 at 6:46 PM, 8razzmatazz@gmail.com said:

I am thankful I got my insurance approval! Now what?

💜 Welcome 💜 Welcome 💜 Welcome 💜

💗Enjoy the site and enjoy this challenge💗

Day 13: Favorite Season

I really love Fall. Halloween is my favorite holiday- all fun and no pressure! I love the sheer whimsy of it.

Hair:

At almost 6 months post surgery, I think I am finally coming out of the Hair loss phase. (For awhile there it was like living with a giant blonde lhasa apso in the house! 😱) My hair is definately thinner now, maybe by 30 or 40% even. However, I started out with a lot and it is long, so I don't think that most people would notice anything. I did get it cut in layers around my face a few weeks ago to help hide the expected new baby hairs there, and I curl it to give it some volume.

Thank you so much @GreenTealael for the early advice on Biotin and Lysine for hair loss prevention. It for sure made me feel better to have something to try! Worth every penny. (And my nails are fab now too so, bonus!)

As a quick aside, I bought this curling device a couple months ago. It looks crazy, but I LOVE this thing! Easy, fast, really pretty curls that stay in my hair until I wash it again. (I can go 2-3 days between washes easily.) I have never had so many compliments on my hair as when I use this thing, and since I kinda stink at regular wand curling irons, this one has been great. Supposed to work well on lots of varied hair texture types too, but I can't vouch for that myself. Just something to check out... :)

Chi Spin and Curl

Edited by FluffySaysForkIt!

oooohhhh love these...where are you all going?
(specifics not necessary unless you want to share ️ )
We are going to Dubai!! I'm very excited but it's a lot of stress getting to the fun part.
Currently at the airport getting patted in the privates by TSA. Their machines seems pervy because everyone I see has a questionable yellow and red box in the groin area

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Day 13:
So far so good. Ignored all concession stands at the airport. Clean day so far.

Favorite season: By far fall though I am a summer baby. Don't have the 4 seasons here in AZ but we get to go up North and it's the most beautiful sight to behold!! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas all packed in 1 season! Gorgeous

Mirror Mirror Question: How is everyone's hair these day: Definitely better than middle school because my hairstylist is a magician. My thick hair is a lot thinner these days but she always knows exactly what look to give me at any given time and now that I remember, I didn't mention her in people I'm grateful for? How remiss of me! I'm grateful for her

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, FluffySaysForkIt! said:

Thank you so much @GreenTealael for the early advice on Biotin and Lysine for Hair loss prevention. It for sure made me feel better to have something to try! Worth every penny. (And my nails are fab now too so, bonus!)

@FluffySaysForkIt!- did you find a good combo of Biotin and lysine? Asking as I was looking for one with both. Right now am supplementing with Biotin and have supplemented since 45 days pre-op.

My nails had been rocking it with growth pre-op and directly after surgery but in the past 2 to 3 weeks..they are back to breaking again and so very brittle. Going to get labs done in next day or 2 to get true concrete answers on my bloodwork but in the meantime I was wondering what biotin/lysine supplements you are using.

Sadly I had already thinning hair from 'that time of life' and being on a blood thinner for almost 8 years. So my originally 'fine' hair..then became thinning and fine hair...and now am freaking out as I am seeing a specific area thinning more than the rest of my head and of course it is at the FRONT of my head..sigh :(

I AM grateful for the weight loss and yes, I knew this could be a very likely outcome, but it still gives me twinges of pain to look in the mirror and see areas of my scalp..weight loss is still worth it in the end. Just wish the hair loss would have skipped me..LOL