Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍂 Nov 2019 Challenge🍂

I am grateful for the colors of October when we have had plentiful moisture. Leaves of gold,orange, the scarlet of sugar maples, there are even a few trees/ bushs clad in magenta. All against a brilliant blue cloudless sky.
The street in front of one of the elementary street has so many trees on both sides it is like walking through a bright lemon colored tunnel and they are so far past new growth in age that they literally meet over top of East Vine Street. It it oh so beautiful until they start falling in earnest, then rain makes them slick and treacherous to walk upon. Haven't tried this YEAR, although most facets of my WL well- being are repairing or becoming tolerable, I was obese for so long or SOMETHING that MY CENTER of Balance is screwy. As an example , if I rock back on my heels, my body doesn't want to right itself, it really wants to Say " Watch Out World, I want to put Frustr8 down on Her Rump!" And now that I have lost my once- plentiful. A**pad, it's " Bruise City" and praying fervently I didn't pop my pelvis or fracture a femoral head or two in my hips. If it is true " No Fool Like An Old Fool" then Little Old Ladies that Fall and Go Boom are pretty pathetic Too. Goodbye Easier Mobility; Hello Walkers and Rollators for a While- have been thrilled with the speed and lessening of pain in my Strolls- DONT WANT TO LOSE ALL THAT!💦😏

Ok, so I failed to recognize that this month's challenge has a banned food list component to it! I totally had 7 of the the 10 items on that list yesterday. Ooopsies. I'm going to have to pass on that part of the challenge, i think!

Day 6: What in nature are you most grateful for?

OCEANS, and everything in it, and surrounding it ❤️

What part of nature am I grateful for? I’m going with the Great Lakes because I think with climate change this will be the sweet spot to live. I’m grateful I already live near!

Day 6: What I am most grateful for in nature.

The stars in the sky.

Such a beautiful reminder of the enormity of nature, and how fleeting my place in it really is. Makes me grateful for the gift of my life.

5614478684_249c36b9a6_o-58b8304e5f9b58808098d7ca.thumb.jpg.877bc592a326e7645237a310103b8f12.jpg

5 minutes ago, FluffySaysForkIt! said:

Day 6: What I am most grateful for in nature.

The stars in the sky.

Such a beautiful reminder of the enormity of nature, and how fleeting my place in it really is. Makes me grateful for the gift of my life.

5614478684_249c36b9a6_o-58b8304e5f9b58808098d7ca.thumb.jpg.877bc592a326e7645237a310103b8f12.jpg

Pretty view! Is that snow on the ground?!?!?!?!?

28 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Ok, so I failed to recognize that this month's challenge has a banned food list component to it! I totally had 7 of the the 10 items on that list yesterday. Ooopsies. I'm going to have to pass on that part of the challenge, i think!

Day 6: What in nature are you most grateful for?

OCEANS, and everything in it, and surrounding it ❤️

PhotoEditor_20191106_100319710.jpg.cb8c99a179b6a36a1b9f13f086c00eb7.jpg

Joking Joking Joking new day fresh start 💙

It is. :)

I didn't take this picture though. Thankfully, the snow we had here is melted! (For now. I am NOT ready!!!)

Yeah but the winds off the Lakes anoint you with copious snows and such. I live in Ohio, so you would think Lake Erie would be my Bugaboo ? Nope in my area and angle away from the Erie Shore it's Lake Michigan or as I call it Lake Much-again. So Erie goes and Dumps on Poor unsuspecting Buffalo NY, ah but the compensation? Those lovely lovely Niagara Penninsula 🍇-they make mighty fine wine, or so I am TOLD, I don't go any further into things than Welch!s Grape juice, I just don't drink, never have. I'm a Dull person, don't drink, don't smoke , don't do drugs, don't chase men let alone. other women. Fine for them that do- I'M JUST BORING, DULL AND BORiNG- and guess unless I seccumb to temptation I'm fated to be like that!

On 11/5/2019 at 8:54 AM, GreenTealael said:

B-Side Question: Anyone/thing pushes your buttons too easily?

My button pushers: English speaking people really should know these basics. I’m not the grammar/spelling police however some things make me itch.

Too vs. to. Too means also. Add the o.

your vs. you’re (you are) Contractions are your friend.

Loosing vs. losing (Infinite screaming)

Day 6: New day, new opportunity and so far so good. No cheating, no temptation, just sticking to my planned meals. I'm getting blood work done today to see how my Vitamin levels are. Hopefully everything is fine.

Honestly, I'm grateful for ALL nature and its creatures but I'm most grateful for the sky. Ahhhh the sky... whats not to say, you are beautiful in all your forms. I love looking up during the storms, during the colorful sunrises, and during the cool sunsets. Its a good representation of life. We have those cloudy gray problems, we have those colorful exciting days, and sometimes we have warm calmer days. Its all so beautiful no matter the circumstance. I'm especially grateful for the cloudy sky's and storms. Its what makes me stronger and I've learned to appreciate them. A while back I was watching the show called The Chef's Table on Netflix and this particular episode was about pastry chef Christina Tosi. She was talking about the struggles she faced while trying to make it in NYC as a pastry chef. She was working crazy hours, she was always tired, she was broke, and she was away from her family. I remember her saying that even though she was going through all that she was "blissfully in love with the journey." That's what I think of when I look up at the sky, regardless of how the day is going. I'm learning to be blissfully in love with the journey and through the obstacles.

Here are three pictures I took a while back. I'm obsessed with capturing pictures of the sky. Its crazy how strong the colors were! No filter needed! At the time I was using an old phone so the quality is not the best. The blue one with the lake is at a park in the middle of the day, the pink one is a sunset, and the last one is a sunrise.

75369217_410758573140001_2786996053512028160_n.thumb.jpg.90fb97c6cc4d213acb8c10961729df6d.jpg

74217350_408967269764966_2079460784894640128_n.thumb.jpg.459b508048dabbcc97c10611714ee795.jpg

74300408_798487760621324_6148136415961022464_n.thumb.jpg.e87fc9c1357956c7bbf338a04cfc3429.jpg

Day 6 gratitude: I'm grateful for the changing seasons... and, most days, I'm grateful to live where I can see it! Though given that I'm starting to get cold all the time, these 30 degree temps this week are killing me... ❄️

B-Side Question: Anyone/thing pushes your buttons too easily?

Lots of things push my buttons, but I don't know whether they're pushed too easily... they feel fairly appropriately pushed, even if my quirks are my own! I'm sensitive to a lot of noises (for anyone familiar with the term misophonia, that seems to apply to me), so any triggering sound sends me running to my headphones or ear plugs... 😔

Day 6: Finally had a good day yesterday with no foods eaten that are on the list, a 2.5 mile walk in the park and NO ALCOHOL!!

No walking today due to several appointments and going out to see a band and have dinner tonight. It has been up in the high 70's/low 80's the past few days after dipping down to 29 over the weekend. Just enough to kill my beautiful hibiscus plants.

The thing in nature that I am most thankful for is the beautiful Texas sunsets....I took this off our back patio a few years back...

No photo description available.

Edited by MIZ60

Day 6

Today was a relatively good day. I did have a forkful of cake at work while celebrating a colleague. In the past, it would have been several slices...possibly a full tier of the cake if I'm able to get away with it🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ so I consider it a victory. Everything else was squeaky clean

Gratitude: I'm in awe of nature. It reminds me how tiny I am in the general scheme of the universe! Nature is beautiful and healing and humbling and amazing.
Like others have mentioned, any body of Water inspires me. Water is life, even the sounds of water is soothing.
I'm sharing some pictures of the ocean I took this past summer.

Also found one that combines the mountains, the sky and the ocean depicts the trifecta of nature for me.20180730_172408.jpeg 20180312_184151.jpeg 20190317_185958.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

6. Nature - I think what I love most about it is watching life in action from the cycles of the season to seeing living things going about their business whether it's an insect, bird, or squirrel. All of it works for me. And yes, I love Water and am not happy when I'm not near some.

7. Hard to choose any one book. Maybe one of my first ones that turned me into a reader. There was Island of the Blue Dolphins, The Trumpeter Swan, and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

On the food challenge...did well on Tuesday, nearly made it through yesterday but had 1/2 a candy bar last night. On another note, I just gave up daily coffee today...I was drinking it to support regularity but way too much sugar and since I stopped taking Biotin, no problem with regularity. So...I know, tmi. :)