Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I bought the Geno Pro Protein. I reviewed it with my nutritionist. The scoop is smaller and I mixed it with diet ice tea, coffee, lemonade. It’s helped me. Good Luck and hang in there.

On 07/29/2019 at 06:56, FluffyChix said:

Look. I think you need to get real and embrace this sh*t!

It's a stage. We ALL go through it and it's one of the miracle wonders of the honeymoon period.

So here's your job:

Some how, SOME WAY, get your Protein need met everyday. I frankly don't care how you do it. Drink 2 Protein Drinks. Done. Drink a Protein Drink and have some meat. I don't care. Just MEET YOUR Protein GOAL. The End. Anything else is unnecessary.

Now, do NOT allow the snacking bs to re-enter your life. Quit it. Or I swear you will sabotage your surgery. It has a way of sneaking in when you least want it. Do not allow your food innervation to help rationalize your poor choices. Of COURSE snacky slidery food is easy to eat. It's what we want. It's what appeals. The food companies have spent billions addicting us!!! And making the food extra appealing. So you MUST break up with it. Seriously.

(I hate posts like this...)

Let me be clear. When I say snacking, I mean fruits and veggies. I’m not downing Cookies and French fries. My meals consist of mainly fruits and veggies most of the time because meat is not appealing. That’s all I was trying to say. No need to use profanity on this thread. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, bbbro said:

Let me be clear. When I say snacking, I mean fruits and veggies. I’m not downing Cookies and French fries. My meals consist of mainly fruits and veggies most of the time because meat is not appealing. That’s all I was trying to say. No need to use profanity on this thread. Thanks.

Awesome on fruits and veggies. But make the "snacking" = grazing to most of us near vets or vets.

And to us "snacking" = "grazing" is a very very bad thing--on any level. For most of us, the more we eat (the more frequent grazing meals we eat) the hungrier we are and the less actual Protein eating we do.

Making an intentional meal of fruits and veggies is just fine. Unless you are carb intolerant then you might want to lean more on veg and lower the fruit consumption. Many of us gain if we "snack" too much on fruit.

And yeah, I woke up read all the threads about hard times and just got irritated and snapped and Bad Fluffy emerged. So my language got away from me. My apologies.

And for the record? I can eat 2-3X as many veg (cooked or raw) as I can eat dense lean protein. And the carbs and sugars in the veg DO add up. They tell you protein first for a reason. You are trying to absolutely MAXIMIZE the satiety and small portions and low calories. That's part of what the surgery does. Let it do it's job by us following our doctor's rules. Many docs say NO snacking and only 3 meals per day. Mine allowed 3 meals and 1-2 very small mini meals (like an ounce of protein or a 1/2 of cooked veg or 1 cup of salad = 100 cals or less per mini meal.)

Edited by FluffyChix

On 7/29/2019 at 6:56 AM, FluffyChix said:

Look. I think you need to get real and embrace this sh*t!

It's a stage. We ALL go through it and it's one of the miracle wonders of the honeymoon period.

So here's your job:

Some how, SOME WAY, get your Protein need met everyday. I frankly don't care how you do it. Drink 2 Protein Drinks. Done. Drink a Protein Drink and have some meat. I don't care. Just MEET YOUR Protein GOAL. The End. Anything else is unnecessary.

Now, do NOT allow the snacking bs to re-enter your life. Quit it. Or I swear you will sabotage your surgery. It has a way of sneaking in when you least want it. Do not allow your food innervation to help rationalize your poor choices. Of COURSE snacky slidery food is easy to eat. It's what we want. It's what appeals. The food companies have spent billions addicting us!!! And making the food extra appealing. So you MUST break up with it. Seriously.

(I hate posts like this...)

I absolutely agree with you on this ! I just like directness though and some may find this too blatant I guess.

Edited by Tracyringo

I’m a little over one month post op, and I don’t have any interest in food. However, I think my disinterest is in large part to the amount of puking I’ve been doing. I haven’t been able to move from purées yet. I can’t stomach another Protein Shake. I make one each day, and get about an ounce in before I can’t drink anymore. It’s hard to believe my pouch could be so small, but it just is. I get full, very very fast. Within 1-3 bites and I’m done. I’m practicing everything I’ve been told. Putting the fork down, chewing everything until you can’t chew anymore, trying to eat smaller frequent meals... etc. but I just can’t get it in. My NP however told me that if I’m getting in 40g of Protein, she’s ok with that for now. I need to be at 600 cals/day in order to go back to work, and I’m just not there, not even close. I’m hoping that another week of purées and I’ll be ready for soft foods.
Just keep doing the best you can. ❤️

It can be hard. I added in clear Protein like Isopure. Also a Protein Powder favored by vegans. With Fluffy on fruits - I gain if I eat even a serving a day. Steamed shrimp remain my go to protein Mix it up and let yourself get really hungry then protein. Best to you.

Yeah for those who get upset bellies you need to use pea Protein or any natural stuff without the whey milk

collagen is useless mate

Ladder
Menu

Collagen Protein: The Good, The Bad, The Overhyped

K. ALEISHA FETTERS
DEC 18, 2018

If you’re looking for collagen to boost your workout or lead to faster fat loss, don’t believe the hype. Collagen will work just as well as any other Protein -- but you’ll pay a lot more for it (without any added benefit) and need to take more because collagen has a weaker amino acid profile

5 minutes ago, Bastian said:

Guys you can add collagen powder which is tasteless to drinks to up Protein.

collagen is a fairly "worthless" Protein source and is incomplete. There is SOME anecdotal evidence that it helps skin, hair and nails.

You CANNOT game the system. LOL. You need as my surgeon said, one of two kinds of protein:

1. Whey Protein (preferably isolate, but it can be a mixture of isolate + concentrate) = most readily absorbable

2. Soy Protein Isolate (which is less bioavailable than whey) = 2nd most readily absorbable

Just now, FluffyChix said:

collagen is a fairly "worthless" Protein source and is incomplete. There is SOME anecdotal evidence that it helps skin, hair and nails.

You CANNOT game the system. LOL. You need as my surgeon said, one of two kinds of protein:

1. whey Protein (preferably isolate, but it can be a mixture of isolate + concentrate) = most readily absorbable

2. Soy Protein Isolate (which is less bioavailable than whey) = 2nd most readily absorbable

ah see my dietician said it was a good choice to make my own protein Water instead of spending money on protein drinks :)

1 minute ago, Bastian said:

ah see my dietician said it was a good choice to make my own Protein Water instead of spending money on Protein Drinks :)

Your RD is misinformed.

Sure, eat Jello, use collagen. Do what makes you "feel good" cuz placebos work too! But the real truth is that you need an assortment of Proteins (most of them "complete" with the 9 essential amino acids=the ones our bodies can't make) each day--especially when we're immediately healing. And collagen consists primarily of 3 amino acids that we ALREADY make in our own bodies. They are not "essential."

On 07/29/2019 at 18:04, elcee said:

So many ❄️

Hi! Probably a dumb question (I’m old :-) what does “left the band” mean?

26 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Your RD is misinformed.

Sure, eat Jello, use collagen. Do what makes you "feel good" cuz placebos work too! But the real truth is that you need an assortment of Proteins (most of them "complete" with the 9 essential amino acids=the ones our bodies can't make) each day--especially when we're immediately healing. And collagen consists primarily of 3 amino acids that we ALREADY make in our own bodies. They are not "essential."

No, I don't think she is misinformed, it wouldn't be the only source of Protein as I will be on whey as well and of course ALWAYS better to get protein from animal sources once eating properly again. It is just to add to Water the 1st couple of weeks. https://www.obesityaction.org/community/article-library/protein-supplements-weight-loss-surgery/

2 minutes ago, Bastian said:

No, I don't think she is misinformed, it wouldn't be the only source of Protein as I will be on whey as well and of course ALWAYS better to get Protein from animal sources once eating properly again. It is just to add to Water the 1st couple of weeks. https://www.obesityaction.org/community/article-library/protein-supplements-weight-loss-surgery/

Great article, and it addresses specifically what I said. :) https://www.obesityaction.org/community/article-library/protein-supplements-weight-loss-surgery/

But nowhere does it mention the "advantage" of making your own "protein water" from collagen. LOL. Collagen is highly controversial about whether there is any intrinsic value to supplementing with it since our bodies are capable of making the 3 amino acids predominant in collage protein. So IF you're gonna drink clear protein, just go ahead and buy the REAL DEAL stuff that is made from isolate with all the ESSENTIAL amino acids. LOL. It will taste better and be better for you. And go ahead and drink some homemade or minimally processed Bone Broth. Eat a thing or two of Jello. Collagen dilemma solved. If it does help, you've got it covered. But there is no need to "load protein" beyond what your normal protein goal is for the day...