Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 hours ago, Chiptress said:
On 7/30/2019 at 8:04 AM, elcee said:

So many ❄️

Hi! Probably a dumb question (I’m old :-) what does “left the band” mean?

I no longer have a lapband

There are ways of saying things or giving advice, without using profanities and belittling the person who is going through this.
If a brand new person read your response on this and another post this morning, do you think they would feel comfortable posting their fears and experiences on here. You are doing more harm than good.
Me reading your responses today has now made me think that this person isn't on here to help us newbies, for me, your 'advice' has now had the opposite effect.
This is supposed to be a no judgment zone where you're allowed to state your fears and mistakes and not be ridiculed or scolded for it...
This is not meant to be a back and forth, tit for tat thing, its just my advice to you, calm down, if you don'tlike a post or the personis being 'whiny' in your opinion, swipe and move on, dont make them feel like crap for posting their experiences...
I'm a new person on this app ... I'm not offended or scared to share ... I see it being said from a place of love and caring ... I believe it's called TOUGH LOVE ... I hope if I get to a low point and post something similar I would feel lucky that someone was not scared to say the thing that most people don't want to hear but need to hear.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

29 minutes ago, nikkilee72 said:

I'm a new person on this app ... I'm not offended or scared to share ... I see it being said from a place of love and caring ... I believe it's called TOUGH LOVE ... I hope if I get to a low point and post something similar I would feel lucky that someone was not scared to say the thing that most people don't want to hear but need to hear.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Anyone that knows me, know that i say exactly what i want/need to say, i can be stern and to the point without profanities and belittling. I'm happy that you were/are not offended but i got 2 pm's saying thank you for saying something.

I don't want to continue with this, i said what i thought i needed to say and its finished, we all moved on 4 days ago.

Welcome to the app, I'm happy you're here! Good luck on your journey.

22 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Great article, and it addresses specifically what I said. :) https://www.obesityaction.org/community/article-library/protein-supplements-weight-loss-surgery/

But nowhere does it mention the "advantage" of making your own "protein water" from collagen. LOL. collagen is highly controversial about whether there is any intrinsic value to supplementing with it since our bodies are capable of making the 3 amino acids predominant in collage Protein. So IF you're gonna drink clear protein, just go ahead and buy the REAL DEAL stuff that is made from isolate with all the ESSENTIAL amino acids. LOL. It will taste better and be better for you. And go ahead and drink some homemade or minimally processed Bone Broth. Eat a thing or two of Jello. Collagen dilemma solved. If it does help, you've got it covered. But there is no need to "load protein" beyond what your normal protein goal is for the day...

I didn't suggest 'loading', I offered an approved by my dietician way to help reach the daily goal,I very clearly stated that I wouldn't be having it as my sole source of protein intake. Nowhere did I say only consume collagen as protein nor did I say go higher than your recommended target. Yes, she did ok Bone Broth which I make regularly so all good there thanks.

Of course, the bottom line is to follow our OWN diet plan given to us by our Bariatric team and not take sole advice from unqualified randoms online.

On a side note, I understand you were feeling frustrated yesterday, but you need to remember we all have our OWN journey to travel, lots of us are VERY anxious about our surgery coming up and still fighting the food demons in our heads. So, to come online in a group specifically aimed at sharing our feelings and being shot down by longer-term members and name-calling is pretty disgusting behaviour from Adults. IF you are fed up with members, just DO NOT come into the forum. Nowhere does it say you are obliged to hand out advice or ridicule people who are struggling or to add sarcastically, condescending 'lols' and I really hope that when you have struggled no one swore at you or called you a snowflake.

Onwards and upwards.

I think you should block me for your emotional health.

Safe journey! Good luck to you!

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH FLUFFYCHIX! Don't candy coat nothing when I'm sleeved - I need this type of encouragement to keep me from sabotaging myself! It's called "constructive criticism".