Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​ What's on the Menu? 🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​

10 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

You can choose the type of Protein, either marinated or un-marinated. They also supply sauces on the side, which you can add before cooking or after. Like i said, WIN-WIN-WIN, lol

TY. I'd love to go but Mr. F. has fearsome allergies to asian food...some kind of preservative in the sauces. So if I can do a no frills version for him, and a frills version for me...well WIN-WIN-WIN fo'shizzles!!! :D Asian's "back on the table" then. ;)

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

I eat either Kimchi or raw sauerkraut/veggie ferments daily for my gut healing. :) They are a great source of pre-biotic Fiber. :)

I was afraid I would never be able to eat kimchi again because of the spicy in it... thank goodness!

49 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Korean BBQ is in my top 3 of eating-out-cusines: all Protein, all the time! lol. Plus, I can take over the BBQ-ing duties since I don't eat much, plus it makes the fact that I don't eat much less obvious, plus I can actually eat warm/hot food for the entire meal! Win-win-win. 😎

Kimchi: YUM.

Korean BBQ was my last funeral meal. I actually had it two days in a row ... lol I thought because of how hard it is to digest meat (so i hear) that i wouldn't be able to eat it again. Never thought about how the cooking could be a distraction!

Out of curiosity, what are the other two places you like to go to?

Just now, MarvelGirl25 said:

Korean BBQ was my last funeral meal. I actually had it two days in a row ... lol I thought because of how hard it is to digest meat (so i hear) that i wouldn't be able to eat it again. Never thought about how the cooking could be a distraction!

Everyone is different There is no meat under the sun I can't eat. :) The leaner and denser the better. The more filing. :)

10 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

1. Japanese: Every type of sashimi! (sans the rice and with tonnes of wasabi of course)

2. Steak: Steak!

Yesterday's Menu - August 3rd:

5'2" ♀️ 9m post-op, maintaining

Had friends and fam over yesterday for basically the ENTIRE day so it was a very grazy day of eating stuff I don't normally eat. Check it out:

12:00 pm: black coffee -- 5 cals
3:25 pm: 2oz grilled peppers + 1.5oz montreal smoked meat + .25oz grilled pineapple + .25oz grilled squid + .5oz grilled shrimp + 2oz grilled mahi mahi -- 297 cals
4:45 pm: 1/3 slice blueberry pie + 1 pumpkin crisp -- 353 cals
6:00 pm: 1/4 cup jamoca almond fudge ice cream -- 190 cals
7:45 pm: salad + 1.5oz grilled chicken + 1oz feta cheese + 1tbsp cashews + 1 fl oz edamae -- 216 cals
8:45 pm: 2oz grilled peppers + .25oz grilled pineapple + 1.5oz montreal smoked meat -- 171 cals
10:30 pm: 1 cup chicken broth + .5 cup garlic peanuts + 1/2 pumpkin crisp -- 282 cals

Totals: 1325 cals, 77g Protein, 83g NET carbs, 71g fat

So my carb intake yesterday means I'm going to attempt to lower-carb it today....

Edited by ms.sss

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

So my carb intake yesterday means I'm going to attempt to lower-carb it today....

Sincere question:

Since you are trying to maintain, but are still losing, albeit more slowly now ... why are you trying to stay low carb?

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

Sincere question:

Since you are trying to maintain, but are still losing, albeit more slowly now ... why are you trying to stay low carb?

Irrational answer:

I'm still afraid of them. While I have started eating most root vegetables again, and the occasional bite of dessert (i.e, sugar), I have yet to eat any bread*/rice/pasta since surgery (I don't even know how my body will take it). I'm not ready! 😨

*EDIT: Actually, now that I think of it, I have had "bread" as I've had bites of cake and pie...just not "traditional" bread like loaves/sandwiches/buns/etc.

Edited by ms.sss

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:40 AM, FluffyChix said:

I eat either Kimchi or raw sauerkraut/veggie ferments daily for my gut healing. :) They are a great source of pre-biotic Fiber. :)

Me, too. Along with live culture yoghurt daily. Once the temps cool down around here, I hope to start making my own fermented veggies and pickles. I also try to eat mushrooms and tempe at least 3 or 4 times a week for Prebiotic loading. I've also read that any root veggies such as beets, turnips, parsnips are really good for gut biome. Sugar kills it, however! No sugar here! I'm too scared of dumping.

Thanks for this thread...I check it often..I go to my 2 week check up in the morning and I'm hoping he puts me on pureed foods. Really tired of Protein Shakes. It's been really nice to see what the seasoned sleevers are eating throughout the day..although y'all do make me hungry....head hungry I guess, because I'm not sure I'll be able to tolerate much.

Sunday 8:00 half cup cottage cheese with blueberries and black pepper 10:00 black coffee with coconut milk 1:30 1 cup egg scramble with random green veggies and half slice Ezekiel sesame bread 06:30 4 oz salmon baked and green salad with lemon juice 1/3 cup blackberries 11:00 Protein Shake - 30 carbs 105 Protein 875 calories. I found myself a bit angry a peach has 14 carbs - ok more than a bit angry.
Off of the 120 goal of protein my MD set to heal surgical wounds so my goal today is 120 protein and stay away from peaches.

39 minutes ago, Stella S said:

cottage cheese with blueberries and black pepper

Black pepper...interesting. I’m going to try that today (after i go out and but some cottage cheese :) )

Happy Monday everyone!!!

@ms.sss Sunday menu sounds great! Congrats on partying and having fun on 1300 cals girl!!! WooT! Way to get your totals up!!

@AZhiker Good to know about the probiotic root veg! I sometimes do turnips and rutabagas mixed with cauliflower roasted and smashed. Good stuff - perfect fall food! :) I stay away from soy and am trying to do yogurt a few times a week. But I hate that it really ups my carbs. So it's a balance. ;)

@Stella S Your menu also sounds great!! I love peaches. They do not love me. :( 14g. :( 14g!!

Ok, so had a full party party weekend with food. 😕 Saturday lots of snackiness at night, but oddly 2lbs down Sunday morning and then Sunday we took a day trip to Chappel Hill which was a lot of fun. Ate Breakfast at the Paradise Breakfast Cafe. (It wasn't Paradise...lol, but it was good.) I ate crap I do not normally eat. And the scale is just still sitting squarely at 135.8lbs this morning.

So here is yesterdays accounting:

5"4" 👵 17m PO (WLM) 135.4lbs (pre-poopy)

Sunday August 4 Menu:

6:00am B1 - black decaff coffee

11am B2 - 1/3 of a beef fajita 3 egg white omelet with 1/8c guacamole + 1/4c pico + 2 bites hashbrowns with ketchup and 1/2 flour tortilla + decaff coffee with half n' half

3pm AS - 1 Armour Luncheable (it was all the CH Walmart had! No P3s anywhere!) Had a RH event probably from breakfast so dove headfirst into what I could tear into at the store. Oh and CH Walmart...I'm sorry for blowin' up your bathroom, but I'm sincerely glad there was nobody else in there at the time. (Note to self: order Poo Pourri today...)

7pm D - smoked turkey chopped salad with low fat blue cheese crumbles + 2tbsp lite blue cheese dressing (arugula, baby spinach, radish, red onion, red bell pepper, cucumber, baby carrots)

image.png.a82a078a1c3fe9f06ce8aa69b1ecd8ea.png

Definitely the pepper balances and keeps it from being boring and bland. Let me know if you are a fan 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻! I have found myself in a food rut so I am loving this thread.