Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​ What's on the Menu? 🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​

Today I'm back on my IF schedule. I plan to do at least and 18:6 or maybe a 20:4 today with Water, Decaf black coffee, decaf green tea. I really think as @AZhiker said, IF is my longterm tool for WLS success.

Yesterday's Menu - Sunday August 4th:

5'2" ♀️ 9m post-op, maintaining

Was a lazy-do-nothing day yesterday eating leftovers from the party the day before. Didn't end up doing low-carb today as planned (oopsies) as we had a few late night guests drop by to help us polish off all the leftover desserts...(and I ended up helping a little too much) :

Note: times are when I FINISHED eating, unless otherwise noted.

12:00 pm: black tea -- 2 cals
2:45 pm: *ate about 2/3 of this* 3oz iceberg lettuce + 1.5oz grilled peppers + 1.5 oz cucumber + 1oz feta cheese + .5 oz jalapeno + 1 fl oz garlic peanuts + 3 oz grilled mahi mahi -- 284 cals
4:45 pm: *ate the remailing 1/3 of 2:45pm meal*
6:25 pm: *ate about 1/2 of this* 3oz iceberg lettuce + 1.5 oz cucumber + 1 fl oz garlic peanuts + 4.5 oz grilled mahi mahi + 1tbsp sour cream -- 247 cals
7:45 pm: *ate the remailing 1/2 of 6:25pm meal*
9:00pm-1:30 am: 1/4 slice blueberry pie + .125 butter tart + .25 pumpkin crisp + .25 cup vanilla ice cream + .125 moon cake + 1 fl oz garlic peanuts -- 856 cals (YIKES!)

Totals: 1390 cals, 77g Protein, 105g NET carbs (double YIKES!), 68g fat

I was rewarded with some queasiness and some minor bathroom issues last night for my dessert-eating session, which is interesting. Looks like if I eat sugar in small quantities over a long period of time the intensity of the dumping is minimized. However, I did wake up in the middle of the with what I think was acid in my mouth. This I attribute to the fact that I went to bed way to soon after eating something.

Holy crap on your snack!!!! No dumping?

It's your super power. Were you down or up on the scale?

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

Holy crap on your snack!!!! No dumping?

It's your super power. Were you down or up on the scale?

*Minor dumping. In the sense it was not as intense as "normal" dumping. I did empty out some last night, lol, just not explosive, I guess. And I wasn't limp on the bathroom floor.

I annoy myself honestly. I know that sugar is not my friend, yet I will take a teeny bite, feel nothing, then take another teeny bite, rinse and repeat until I actually do feel something, then it's too late. Geez.

Weight change was negligible: went from 114.5 to 114.8

9 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

*Minor dumping. In the sense it was not as intense as "normal" dumping. I did empty out some last night, lol, just not explosive, I guess. And I wasn't limp on the bathroom floor.

I annoy myself honestly. I know that sugar is not my friend, yet I will take a teeny bite, feel nothing, then take another teeny bite, rinse and repeat until I actually do feel something, then it's too late. Geez.

Weight change was negligible: went from 114.5 to 114.8

It's a process girl. ((hugs)) And it's harder for you, cuz you don't have these crazy weight bounces cuz your metabolism is so flexible!!! If I do that, not only would I dump, but my weight would be up 2-3lbs or more this morning. :( Cuz I'm forked! LOL.

Just broke my fast 11:30am current time.

I had leftovers from last night.

2oz flank steak, 1/2 cup cauliflower mashed potatoes with 1/8 cup shredded cheese. and 1/2 cup salad mix. Ate every single bite.

Decided to eat half the meat and all of the salad first because I didn’t want the mash to slide right on through. 339 calories and 25gm Protein. Feeling fairly full, but since it’s the first meal of the day that’s not unusual.

Will have a snack of 1 cup cottage cheese with kimchi mid-afternoon (195 cal and another 27 gm proten) and dinner is going to be rotisserie chicken with 3/4-1 cup bacon and blue salad mix (another 23gm protein and 290 cal)

Totals for the day are projected at 72gm protein and 824 calories. All in my 7-8 hr eating window. Oh yeah, under 30gm carbs also.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:06 AM, MarvelGirl25 said:

Korean BBQ was my last funeral meal. I actually had it two days in a row ... lol I thought because of how hard it is to digest meat (so i hear) that i wouldn't be able to eat it again. Never thought about how the cooking could be a distraction!

I also have no issue with meat. I eat KBBQ pretty often, it's a great high Protein meal.

5’8 4w Post Op 254

Breakfast :

2oz Cajun Turkey Deli meat

1/2 Sargento Pepperjack snack Stick

Lunch:

Leftover “Zastalaya” we made. It’s a very stripped down and healthyfied version of a Louisiana Classic Pastalaya. Zucchini noodles, turkey sausage, diced chicken.

Supper:

Were grilling some shrimp & scallops with asparagus for the next few days suppers.

Snack:

still undecided

Edited by Mom_of_Chaos

On 08/05/2019 at 14:03, sillykitty said:

I also have no issue with meat. I eat KBBQ pretty often, it's a great high Protein meal.

Love KBBQ.

Hubs made an interesting sauce out of miso, soy and Peanut Butter that went great with the meat and instead of rice, I always have about 4-5 different types of kimchi.

In fact, I now have leftover kimchi which is great with cottage cheese.

5'2", 114.5 lbs, ♀️ 9m post-op, maintaining

Yesterday's Menu - Monday August 5th:
Note: times listed are when I FINISHED eating

Ok, was semi-successful in eating lower-carb yesterday to make up for the few high-carb days I've been having. Though it looks like my average higher carb consumption this past few days has had little to no effect on my weight (so far). But of course concentrated larger doses of sugar still makes me dump. I'm not reaching my average of 1500 cals lately either...i know this is because I am waiting too long to have my first meal of the day, so I end up eating less overall. Need to work on that...

Am also going to start including my exercise efforts, to give a better picture of calorie intake vs expenditure, if it helps...

9:00 am: black tea -- 2 cals
2:30 pm: ** ate 2/3 of this ** 2oz romaine lettuce + .75 oz carrots + .5oz feta cheese + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds + .5oz cucumber + 1.5 oz avocado + 2 oz grilled mahi mahi -- 391 cals
4:30 pm: ** ate leftovers of 2:30pm meal ** + 2oz romaine lettuce -- 11 cals
6:30 pm: 1 cup eggplant parmesean + 1 pumpkin crisp -- 365 cals
7:45 pm: .5 oz EACH of blue, brie, cheddar, and goat cheeses + .25 oz procuitto + 1 oz red grapes + 4 fl oz red wine -- 316 cals
8:30 pm: 2oz beef Jerky -- 178 cals

Totals: 1275 cals, 99g Protein, 46g NET carbs, 58g fat

Yesterday's Exercise:

• 6 km of alternating 1km walk then 1km run outdoors (45 mins)
  • Strength training - Arms (15 mins)

Edited by ms.sss

Dang! Your menu continues to enthrall me! :)

5"4" 👵 17m PO (WLM) 134.4lbs (pre-poopy)=scale is a lying liar that lies and this is a fluke reading

Monday August 5 Menu: I was doing great until last night. For some reason, I thought it was a good idea to go into the kitchen and make a Wasa cracker crack with liverwurst and cheese. A cracker mayo delivery system. At 8:30pm. I was already in bed watching tv. It was 8:30pm. And I'd brushed my teeth. But it sounded like a plan. I don't even know or understand what prompted me to buy these and bring them in the house again. LOL.

See? This is how I got MO and won my lifetime ticket to the Obesity Ball. Hairbrained schemes like this one. Thank you very much lizard brain (hedonic pleasure center/medulla oblongata/POS). You're welcome.

B1 6am - black decaff and lots of it.

B2 lasted all day - black decaff and lots of it + Water

L-nada

AS-iced Protein coffee with 4oz PP + decaff (cuz I was close to poking my eyes out from hunger)

D-caprese salad + grilled shrimp & chicken boob + sauteed broccoli with garlic

BS-Wasa sourdough cracker + longhorn cheese + liverwurst (lite) + mayo

image.png.cee0767f0635ff891d89d5afc3354057.png

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

5"4" 👵 17m PO (WLM) 134.4lbs (pre-poopy)=scale is a lying liar that lies and this is a fluke reading

Monday August 5 Menu: I was doing great until last night. For some reason, I thought it was a good idea to go into the kitchen and make a Wasa cracker crack with liverwurst and cheese. A cracker mayo delivery system. At 8:30pm. I was already in bed watching tv. It was 8:30pm. And I'd brushed my teeth. But it sounded like a plan. I don't even know or understand what prompted me to buy these and bring them in the house again. LOL.

See? This is how I got MO and won my lifetime ticket to the Obesity Ball. Hairbrained schemes like this one. Thank you very much lizard brain (hedonic pleasure center/medulla oblongata/POS). You're welcome.

B1 6am - black decaff and lots of it.

B2 lasted all day - black decaff and lots of it + Water

L-nada

AS-iced Protein coffee with 4oz PP + decaff (cuz I was close to poking my eyes out from hunger)

D-caprese salad + grilled shrimp & chicken boob + sauteed broccoli with garlic

BS-Wasa sourdough cracker + longhorn cheese + liverwurst (lite) + mayo

image.png.cee0767f0635ff891d89d5afc3354057.png

Still at 650 despite the late night snack...still good no? Or were you trying to fast?

20 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Still at 650 despite the late night snack...still good no? Or were you trying to fast?

I was trying to do a calorie restricted day of 500cals like in my ADF program. :( But it was close. I just don't like that I ate 303 cals right at bedtime. LOL. And it was my largest freaking meal. And high reward. So there were many things "wrong" with the snack, but in the land of Snacks, it could have been much worse. You know?

33 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

but in the land of Snacks, it could have been much worse. You know?

ummm...yeah. like the 800+ calorie snack I had 2 days ago. lol.

34 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I was trying to do a calorie restricted day of 500cals like in my ADF program

Are you attempting to be sub 500 every day? For how long?