Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​ What's on the Menu? 🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​

4 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

ummm...yeah. like the 800+ calorie snack I had 2 days ago. lol.

Are you attempting to be sub 500 every day? For how long?

No. But I like doing it all at once at the beginning of the week. :) So typically I do M-T-W of some kind of fast. But saying that, I still eat very low cals during the week. Otherwise I gain. But since this surgery I've really been trying to go back to super low cals for losing cuz I'm not losing. To lose I have to be <850cals per day. In the range of 600-850.

I'm on a pretty big time hormone disruptor for cancer so it puts me in super menopause + hypothyroid. So it's so tough trying to lose weight without the benefit of good healthy hormones.

Edited by FluffyChix

This was yesterday's MFP.

image.thumb.png.08e735f4b10bcd09c2df8ac5bd7d409b.png

But this was Sunday's--that is pretty much maintenance cals for me.

image.thumb.png.b2b81ce28c720904c9573e5203cd06e1.png

Yep, your low cal/fasting days aren't very much different from our regular days!

5'2", 114.5 lbs, ♀️ 9m post-op, maintaining

Today's Menu - Tuesday August 6th:
Note: times listed are when I FINISHED eating

Ended up having a don't-really-feel-like eating day, so am writing this up now since I'm done with eating today. I started having my first meal of day around 2pm and It took me FOREVER to eat it. Normally I would have just stopped and saved the rest for later, but I was feeling hungry so I kept going. This was all very frustrating and basically turned me off eating like a petulant sucky suck.

9:45 am: 2 cups black coffee -- 10 cals
4:30 pm: salad + 1oz carrots + 1.5 oz avocado + 2oz peaches + 3oz flaked tuna + .5 tbsp sour cream -- 278 cals
7:45 pm: Water + 175ml cashew milk + 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate Protein Powder + 2 tsp instant Decaf coffee + 2 tsp Benefibre -- 155 cals

Totals: 719 cals, 70g Protein, 46g NET carbs, 58g fat

Today's Exercise:

• 6 km of alternating 1km walk then 1km run outdoors (45 mins)
  • Strength training - Arms (15 mins)

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Yep, your low cal/fasting days aren't very much different from our regular days!

*your* not *our*...oopsies.

Edited by ms.sss

9 hours ago, ms.sss said:

9:45 am: 2 cups black coffee -- 10 cals
4:30 pm: salad + 1oz carrots + 1.5 oz avocado + 2oz peaches + 3oz flaked tuna + .5 tbsp sour cream -- 278 cals
7:45 pm: Water + 175ml cashew milk + 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate Protein Powder + 2 tsp instant Decaf coffee + 2 tsp Benefibre -- 155 cals

Totals: 442 cals, 48g Protein, 23g NET carbs, 13g fat

EDIT: copied the totals from the wrong day...corrected totals noted above.

Edited by ms.sss

5"4" 👵 17m PO (WLM) 135.4lbs (pre-poopy)=lol knew it would go back up again. LOL. GHDWL (Groundhog Day Weight Loss = gaining and losing the same 2 lbs over and over and over again every day...)

Tuesday August 6 Menu:

B1-6am-black decaff coffee x eleventy billion

B2-11am-starving!-protein latte (decaf + 1oz PP)

L-2pm--1.125oz Krolczyk's Turkey Jerky + Frigo Light String cheese + 39g Good Culture 2% Cott Cheese + 38g Banyan KimChi (Tongbaechu)

AS1-3:30pm--Veggies with Grk Yogurt Dip: (35g baby carrots + 33g rbp + 54g cucumber with peel) + (33g Grk yogurt plain + 1tbsp WF Bacon Ranch + 1Tbsp WF Sesame Ginger + 1tbsp Braggs UACV + g/s/p)

AS2-4:45pm--2 Herbox Beef Sodium Free Bouillon + 1tbsp UACV

D1- 7pm--1/2 of this meal {90/10 Airfried burger patty with cheese, bacon, and avocado (4oz raw or 3.1oz airfried 90/10 ground sirloin + 15g BH lacy swiss + 1 slice applewood smoked bacon + 1oz avo + 40g heirloom Tomato + 14g purple onion + 1/2tbsp Duke's mayo + 1tsp Lowensenf Mustard + 5 asparagus spears + 4oz Idaho potato raw (roasted with 1tsp olive oil) }

D2 - 8:45pm 1/2 of the rest of the D1 meal

It was a snacking grazing day. I'd intended to do an 18:6 IF with 500 cal VLCD, but just couldn't do it. Interestingly someone posted an article about the use of antibiotics and weight gain/increased hunger. And with this surgery last month for my twisted gut, I had massive amounts of IV antibiotics. I'm back to my pre-surg weight and the scale isn't budging. And I'm incredibly hungry every day. And I'm letting that hunger dictate horrible choices that just fuel more hunger (hello roasted potatoes I'm talking about YOU there! Gah. LOL. Crazy much?)

This would be considered an "UP" day for me, but not a feast day. :) Feast days are on weekends (usually a Saturday) and are more likely 1200-1400 cals.

image.png.03fd497a20f2ec0aa132e3b1194c7267.png

@FluffyChix, I'm convinced that eating later into the night results in earlier hunger the next day. Or at least that's what I'm noticing...

Also, you are the queen of acronyms.

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

@FluffyChix, I'm convinced that eating later into the night results in earlier hunger the next day. Or at least that's what I'm noticing...

Also, you are the queen of acronyms.

Yes!!!! A thousand times!! I'm noticing this too! I'm ready to eat now. (Granted, I do wake up at 4:00am to take meds and am up and running by 5:15-5:20am, so I start the day early.) But since I've been eating super late at night, I'm a hungry, hungry, hippo by 8-9am!! So I really have to die to my hunger a lot if I want to make a 16:8 or 18:6 TRE! Gah! LOL.

So any secrets to squelch eating late? And quitting snacking at night?

On 08/07/2019 at 08:18, FluffyChix said:

Yes!!!! A thousand times!! I'm noticing this too! I'm ready to eat now. (Granted, I do wake up at 4:00am to take meds and am up and running by 5:15-5:20am, so I start the day early.) But since I've been eating super late at night, I'm a hungry, hungry, hippo by 8-9am!! So I really have to die to my hunger a lot if I want to make a 16:8 or 18:6 TRE! Gah! LOL.

So any secrets to squelch eating late? And quitting snacking at night?

Okay so I have a whacky work schedule.
Like work until 11pm one day, have to be there at 6:45am the next morning kind of schedule.

Some nights it’s flat out impossible to eat any quantity for dinner bc we don’t get breaks.
I literally have to eat on the run (hence my ability to put down an entire hard-boiled egg in <2 mins—ouch)

Anyway.....
Many times I get home from work cranky and hungry and that’s when I pour out an 8oz glass plain fairlife milk.
I’ll carry it upstairs in my special coffee mug that I like and have it after a hot shower.
So far I haven’t noticed that it makes me super hungry the next morning, but I’m also still just 6 months PO. 🤷‍♀️

35 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Okay so I have a whacky work schedule.
Like work until 11pm one day, have to be there at 6:45am the next morning kind of schedule.

Some nights it’s flat out impossible to eat any quantity for dinner bc we don’t get breaks.
I literally have to eat on the run (hence my ability to put down an entire hard-boiled egg in <2 mins—ouch)

Anyway.....
Many times I get home from work cranky and hungry and that’s when I pour out an 8oz glass plain fairlife milk.
I’ll carry it upstairs in my special coffee mug that I like and have it after a hot shower.
So far I haven’t noticed that it makes me super hungry the next morning, but I’m also still just 6 months PO. 🤷‍♀️

Gosh! I think you have to do what works and find your hacks around your schedule. I think the milk hack sounds very reasonable!! And it may actually help you sleep deeper and faster! I think until it stops working, work it baby! :D Sorry your schedule is so cray!!! Hope it gets better soon!

3 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Is it possible to carry some beef Jerky or a Protein Bar (or something similarly small) in your pocket to munch on during your shifts?

Great idea!!

On 8/5/2019 at 8:43 AM, Stella S said:

Definitely the pepper balances and keeps it from being boring and bland. Let me know if you are a fan 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻! I have found myself in a food rut so I am loving this thread.

OK, @Stella S....it's official: I am soooooo a fan. I ended up adding even more pepper after I ate most of it off the top layer :)

(Plus I used the fuller fat version of cottage cheese, so yeah, it was YUM)

IMG_3705.thumb.jpg.23466d84d7f8b1e8f048092d8e01fab0.jpg

Antibiotics and hunger? I hade to eat so much but my scale is creeping down about pound. Nuts and Jerky live in my desk. - 10 minutes to use lavatory, eat and write notes means these things happen at once - well not quite but I can not imagine the flip from getting off at essentially midnight and being back 6 hours later. Lack of sleep equals carb cravings and being grumpy. Yes to black pepper with cottage cheese - I officially eat 2 of your guys days -
Aug 6: 4:00 1 c nonfat yogurt with raspberries 190 cal, 8:00 Blacold brew with almond milk 80 cal, 10:00 Isopure drink 160 cal, 3:00 3 oz chicken, green salad and lemon juice 280 cal, 8:00 Protein bar 180 cal. -890 cal 110 G protein