Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤MARCH 2019 CHALLENGE❤

B side: I love milder seasons. I’d rather workout outside so I run more in Spring and Autumn. Summer isn’t bad either I just have to plan running very early before it gets too humid.

#17) one way I hold myself back . It used to be my lack of energy. I never wanted to do ANYTHING! It wasn’t depression, just really not physically having the energy. NOW I have energy galore and I wake up every day ready to go! Who knew a healthy diet along with plenty of Water and sleep could be so good for you? Just every Dr ever 😂😂😂

17. I hold myself back with procrastination and second-guessing...and I know better. Sheesh.

B-side. I think I'm both on the weekends. I have one day where I will have an activity of some sort with friends and the other day is home, chores, and relaxing. The weekend might have the one day that I don't make it to the gym.

On 03/17/2019 at 08:46, seaforest said:

17. I hold myself back with procrastination and second-guessing...and I know better. Sheesh.

B-side. I think I'm both on the weekends. I have one day where I will have an activity of some sort with friends and the other day is home, chores, and relaxing. The weekend might have the one day that I don't make it to the gym.

Exact same on the B side!

17. One way I hold myself back: if my mum makes a comment about weight or weight loss I subconsciously seem to sabotage myself. There are some funky dynamics going on there and I've just realised it's still a thing for me (anorexic-prone mother who competes with me in everything but especially diet and exercise).

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

B. Side: I'd hibernate weekends AND weekdays. Introvert who enjoys pottering around at home, not doing much.

B Side:

I tend to be more of a weekend warrior. I find it easier to fit workouts in during the weekend. If I do stay at home and watch TV or listen to podcasts for part of the weekend I'm usually doing chores/cleaning during.

18. Oh, there was horseback riding in the Olympics, wanting to be a full-time artist, becoming a writer.

An idea I've never pursued: ha! As a bipolar I have a notebook FULL of these! They seem such good ideas at the time.

Mega catch up!!!

March 13-19th

I want to get back into archery. I had a recurve bow about 5 yrs ago that i was in love with.

I have been told that I'm creative in a lot of different ways

One thing that really lights me up is an extreme deal thats too good to pass up

One thing that moves me deeply is true compassion and kindness

One way I hold myself back... Truthfully this is hard. Maybe its the fact that recently i will jump ship, real quick, in a new relationship if its seemingly going under. I don't waste time anymore. I chalk it up to knowing my self worth but it could also be the lack of willingness to invest in people if things get too *hard*.

An idea i never pursued that i heavily considered was moving abroad to live as an expat for a few years

Things that i made that im proud of : Children i can respect as people, my Mother cry happy tears, clothing by hand, life changing trips alone, food that was healthy pretty and tasty, art with meaning, my Family laughing until they hurt, people comfortable, Someone feel not so alone anymore.

Edited by GreenTealael

18) I was a florist for many years and at one time I wanted to have my own shop. I’m so glad that didn’t pan out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches