Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤MARCH 2019 CHALLENGE❤

25) My biggest fear is losing my mother. She is my rock and I don't know how I'd live without her. My biggest fear re: WLS is regaining.

Back from vacation! I'm super grateful for my job (same company for 20 years) but still feel like I should be out of the office!

#22 - biggest victory was quitting smoking over 12 years ago.

25. I'm with mousecat, I can't imagine being without my mother somewhere on this planet. We may not live near each other but we (from my point of view) truly enjoy being with each other when we can. Likewise, for my dog, Peaches.

I can give you three right now without any straining, while I lay in my bed this fine March Morming!
#4 A Happy Ch8ldhood memory would have to be sitting on my Daddy's shoulders at parades.It seems like my little town had parades often, Easter, Memorial Dayn 4th of July, Labor Day, Halloween, a Thanksgiving/Christmas plus anytime,a Local son or Daughter did anything noteworthy. I felt like I was an Empress, or at least Princess of the World up high when I could watch everything. It gets boring looking at adults rest ends all the time.
#5-A friend who really knows me. That would be my friend Robin. When I finally got up the courage to tell someone I was diagnosed as high functioning Autistic ( Aspergers). After years of feeling and being told You aren't right, or defective, it was both scary and liberating to get an official diagnosis. And Robin was the second person I admitted/ came out to. First one said " Funny , You don't look that retarded!" And it is not at all the same thing.
Robin smiled sweetly and said " I have known for years, I just figured You didn't want t9 talk about it but that someday you would!" I cried a little, she hugged me,because at that moment I knew somebody knew me as I was and loved me any way! And what a Beautiful Gift that was for me.
And lastly what would I tell the 2018 Frustr8? Hang tough, stay striving towards your target. That seminar you attended on March 9th 2018 will bear you something wonderful . O.S.U. will want and accept you as a Bariatric Candidate. And everyone on every level will be kind and welcoming. I know you are impatient and worried you will never receive your surgery, after all you have been trying since August 2015, put that Evil Former Program and the heartaches it caused you behind you, you may even grow to Forgive the Rotten Ex-Surgeon that turned you down after going through his program not once but twice. Oh you may never totally forget but you'll forgive him enough for closure.
And as you finish up requirements this one requested you still will feel wanted and incrediblely like you've "come,home "after a l9ng journey away, maybe similar to the Prodigal Son in the Bible. And in due time you will meet your new surgeon, Bradley J Needleman MD, even his name sounds impressive and this is a Cookie who does know his stuff, he wouldn't have become Chief of Bariatric Medicine and Metabolic Weight Loss without it. He will not find you undeserving, will believe you have the commitment to see it through and best of all He Will Not Find You Too Old. And on September 5th at 7 AM you will receive the surgery you are seeking. And he will not leave huge wounds on you, you will even peek when you wake up to make sure you had surgery after all, because until that moment you still will fear somehow the surgery will be aborted. And your recovery will start out good, but when trials come you will prevail over them. Oh it will be an odd type recovery but as the saying goes YOU HAVE TO BE AN ODD NUMBER TO BE NUMBER ONE! And you didn't start this undertaking to be run- of - the mill but rather outstanding. And you will lose the weight Cabbage Water, diets and all the diet pill interventions. could not do for you. And You are worthy of love for you are incredibly strong. I will be waiting in 2019 until you rejoin me and we display an United front to the outside world! So up on your pony Cowgirl, this is a race you can win!😜👍🌈

March 25 & 26th:

Biggest fear: i hit year 2 or 3 and no matter how much salad i eat the weight piles back on.

What makes me feel powerful: being careful with my diet so the weight does not pile back on

This ain't magic...

26, Exercise seems to make me feel powerful. At least strong in my body and in my mind.

26. Looking back on my past and realizing that I turned out just fine despite the hardships. Also reflecting on my strength and independence. With WLS, not succumbing to any cravings and staying on track and killin' it.

Edited by mousecat88

26. Getting back up whenever life knocks me down is what makes me feel powerful.

26) sorry if this offends anyone but my faith. I KNOW I’m not powerful on my own

27! Biggest goal for upcoming year: WLS-related - get close enough to goal weight to be able to schedule brachioplasty; Regular life related- Finish several major home improvement projects

27) Only thing I can think of right now- to get each,of my WL goal achieved. My major goal had been to receive surgery and recover well.

27. Keep working to reduce and work towards the healthiest me.

DAY #27. Biggest goal for the upcoming year. Never giving up. Past failures will not define me. Tomorrow is my six month checkup. I haven't weighed myself because I was getting too caught up on the "number. " Failing to remember how far I've come.

27) biggest goal for the year - to be healthy and fit/ off of all obesity related issue medications. And to live life to the fullest 😎