Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4.5 years, water still an issue!

Sadly, even 4.5 years post op I am STILL unable to stomach drinking plain H2O.

This is an issue for many post op. I'm using sugar free Powerade, unsweet tea, 'stir ins', any form of lemon/lime I can find, and a few other options.

Anyone else here affected?

I never liked plain Water to begin with.. so i am always adding stuff to my water.

I haven't even tried plain Water yet, six weeks post-op. I'm doing Gatorade Zero (no sugar), unsweet teas, and flavored mix-ins. I figured as long as it's liquid it's keeping me hydrated.

Yeah, I actually just posted that in another thread, that plain Water makes me physically ill, and I want to vomit shortly after drinking it. It doesn't happen though if I flavor it with something.

Sent from my SM-J330F using BariatricPal mobile app

I am in between. Some rare times it is what I want but other moments I add a splash of juice or anything!

I drink Powerade zero almost exclusively. And a still Water with a hint of fruit flavor (unsweetened) called "Hint", go figure. Anyway, if I try to drink seltzer, I can't get through a can, but I can get through 16 oz. of Hint and 32 of Powerade. That's 48. Then I try to drink 8oz. of warm water before bed, because I can't stomach cold water (That's 56 total) I was once told if 50 is the best I can do, it's good enough. It worked when I was initially losing, so losing some of these excess pounds should happen again with 56. (One hopes!)

I have used sugar free mix in to flavor Water and have worked up to adding one mix in 32 oz of water. That way the water is flavored but not over sweet. I also drink power aide zero diluted 50/50 with water. I don’t drink carbonated beverages because the bubbles take up space and I end up burping a lot. When drinking fluids, I can take in 5-7 swallows at a time and limit fluids with meals since I can only hold 1/2 cup at a meal (so I usually sip once or twice with a meal)

As for amount every day, I get around 64 oz a day. I am coming on my 6th year post sleeve and I have never been able to get 100 oz a day.

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Most popular:

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Healthy_life2

it took me a long time to grow my hair back after all the surgery hair loss. Hairdresser screwed up my Hair, Now It’s way too short and I just want to cry. It will grow back. But damn. I'm in a pitty party.

· 1 reply
      1. GreenTealael

Oh no! That's the worst...

I'm so sorry 💜

download (1).jpeg

• Uniballer420

Just had my first doctor's appointment about the surgery. I  qualify and am just starting 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • WeGettingThere

Hey ya'll. SO. I got down to 199 for the weigh in but gained it all back right after. I have to do another month of weight management. They switched out the nutritionists at the last second and she said she doesn't pass anyone unless they have 5 veggies a week. I'm starting metformin and Farxiga today. Doc found a little bit of blood in my urine but wasn't too concerned. I'm trying not to freak myself out either. Depression is a little more intense than usual. I'm all over the damn place. 
      · 0 replies
    • Jen M

3/19 - It wasn't a bad day I stayed up quite a bit much of the day. Have to focus on walking more before it gets too hot to walk outside at all.   Pain was less, but insomnia has kicked in the last two nights
      · 0 replies
    • JessLess

I hit Onderland today! I feel great!
      · 4 replies
      1. GreenTealael

💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜

🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

❤❤❤❤❤CONGRATULATIONS❤❤❤❤❤

💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇

👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

2. Orchids&Dragons

Congratulations! That's onederful!

3. JessLess

@Orchids&Dragons, thanks! 💚

4. Dr-Patient

Congratulations. I remember that day for me: May 13, 2014. I thought it'd never happen (especially after a 7-day stall at 200.2!!), but it was a "Hallelujah" day! Now...stay on program so you can stay in Onederland. After five years, especially...when ghrelin returns. So stay on track.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! Onederland is a GREAT place to be.

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs